Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

ITunes Question

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2007, 07:54 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITunes Question

Got an 8gb Nano yesterday and started uploading stuff. Works fine so far but a couple of questions for you hardened Ipod owners (and no suggestions of using anapod or other 3rd party software at this time please).

1. When I upload music to my ITunes Library its all just chucked in the root folder. Is there a way to get it into albums for easy navigation other than a) Sorting mp3's by Album name or b) Using alternate view with album cover that is massive.

2. When connected via USB Ipod says do not disconnect. I have to press the eject button to be able to use it. However is there a way to reconnect my Ipod without disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable?

Cheers,
Si
Old 19 April 2007, 12:29 PM
Mark Miwurdz
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hi Si

You can create playlists in i-Tunes just like you can on your i-Pod. Go to File> New Playlist and you can call them what you want. If you click on any column header it will sort everything in that column alphabetically.

With your i-Pod connected, you'll see an 'Options' screen underneath the 'iPod' header with 'Version' information underneath. If you uncheck 'Manually manage music', you'll be able to connect and disconnect at will once your i-Pod has synched with I-Tunes. I don't like this option though; I'd rather dictate what gets updated and what doesn't.

Cheers
Kav
Old 19 April 2007, 06:40 PM
Frosty The Snowman
Scooby Regular

If you mean when you are looking in iTunes and the songs are just in song order and you wish to have the album/artist available then yes you can.
Bottom right of iTunes is something that looks like an eye, click it and you get the Genre, Artist and Album listed in three panes at the top.

Don't know for the second one I'm afraid.
Old 19 April 2007, 07:21 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
Got an 8gb Nano yesterday and started uploading stuff. Works fine so far but a couple of questions for you hardened Ipod owners (and no suggestions of using anapod or other 3rd party software at this time please).

1. When I upload music to my ITunes Library its all just chucked in the root folder. Is there a way to get it into albums for easy navigation other than a) Sorting mp3's by Album name or b) Using alternate view with album cover that is massive.
Go into iTunes Preferences, then Advanced and look at the General tab. There's an option called "Keep iTunes Music folder oganized" I'm going to guess that is disabled, in which case enable it. The option will put the the files into album and artist folders and name the files appropriatley for easier navigation.

If you're actually talking about the Music view in iTunes itself, as others have said, click the Eye icon (or select "Show Browser" from the View menu) and it'll show the Artist and Album browser.

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
2. When connected via USB Ipod says do not disconnect. I have to press the eject button to be able to use it. However is there a way to reconnect my Ipod without disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable?

Cheers,
Si
I'm guessing you're on a PC. Once you have ejected the iPod you would probably want to scan for any attached devices, not sure exactly how you do that on a PC though.
Old 19 April 2007, 07:25 PM
chrisowe
Scooby Regular

I reconnect by right clicking my Ipod on the left hand side of Itunes and selecting 'sync now' .