Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Neighbours from Hell....

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2007, 09:35 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neighbours from Hell....

Tonight has been fun filled. This is long winded so I apologise in advance.

Six years ago a chap moved in to the house next door (semi detached to ours). For the last 4-4.5 years he has caused nothing but problems.... doing DIY to the point of cracking the dividing walls, chopping down trees which then fall into our garden breaking fences and killing large shurb which would cost rather alot to replace.

There have been some rows with him over all this, but by and large everyone just gets on with their own business.

Then he moved his 'lady' friend in. She has to be the worlds biggest trouble maker. Parking her car in a virtually empty layby opposite the houses, but blobking another neighbours van door so that he cannot retireve his baby seat. This led to a public row in the street, where the woman could be heard screaming like a banshee at the neighbour calling him every name under the sun.

I normally park my car on the drive out of the way;however we are selling the scoob atm and this has been put on the drive for safe keeping. Since Monday night this week, I have been parking my car half on the pavement, half on the road. I ensure that there is enough room for pedestrains to walk by and obvioudly enough room for vehicles to pass by.

The 'lady' ( I use term loosely) next door isn't the best of drivers - she tried to reverse into a junction a few weeks back and nearly wrote the front of my car off ( i had the bad luck top be behind her at the time), and watching her reverse into the drive is like watching a learner foof up a driving lesson very badly.

Where we live is a great big green, with the road encircling it, it is a fairly quiet residential road. Tonight, the lady was once again not paying due care and attention when she approached her house. Where I was parked, she would not have been able to get the swing round she would have wanted to get in her drive; however she could have rectified this by either a) using the layby to park in, b) using the layby to drive into then reverse into her drive, or c) having the common courtesy of asking me to move my car slightly forward or d) anticipating when she entered the road and by approaching her drive from the opposite angle.

She decided instead to approach my mum at our back gate and start to give her abuse. my mum asked her to leave, then her partner came up - onto our land, and started to take photos of my mum!!??!!

I came outside and asked him to speak to me if he had a problem as the car is owned by me. He was quietly aggressive and was threatening to sort us out with our landlord. My mum was getting really upset and my dad kept asking this chap to leave but he wouldn't. I grabbed my camera and managed to get a brief video of him being intimidating and threatening ' you don't listen to us. you leave us no option but to go about things in other ways...'

He then threatened to 'deck ' my dad - a 70 year old recovering from cancer.. i missed this bit on video - typical

I made him leave the property and he started threatening me. Rather stupidly he said that my car is always parked half on half off the path - not true. I have only had the car 2 weeks and this is the first time it hasn't been stored on the drive overnight!!

I stood up to him and asked if I should be scared of him - to which he replied ' yes you should. I 'll get you - i'll get you sorted...

His lady is a real gem - she plays her music at full volume when he goes away on business, which causes our house to shake.

I have reported it all to the police, and am waiting for a community suuport officer to come round tomorrow..

any suggestions as to what I can do to stop this man and his lady causing further problems? he has made our lives hell for the four years, and i hold he 99% responsible for the stress which caused my mums heartattack

Anyone know about road bylaws and parking? My mum is registered disabled so needs to have the car near the house... everyone round here parks as I have done for the past 2 nights and there s never any problems...?
Old 25 April 2007, 09:39 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

I'm sure a few hundred of us from here turning up will sort that scumbag out
Old 25 April 2007, 09:39 PM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

Sorry, but I would just deck the pair of them. Not very helpful to you, but it would make me feel a lot better!!
Old 25 April 2007, 09:41 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

My other half said the same thing Thats what he needs tbh, a good slap to bring him down a peg or two..

I'm soooooo angry
Old 25 April 2007, 09:43 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

I'm trying to find out what right he has to take photos whilst he is , in all honesty, trespassing..

And whether I am breaking by laws by parking on the pavement/road whilst having a blue badge in the family - my vehicle is used to ferry mum about..

then I'm armed and ready when the Community Support Officer turns up - not that I'm holding out much hope with that!!
Old 25 April 2007, 10:32 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

what a tit!!! this has pissed me off too theres no need for that!

are they renting too or do they own?? im thinking that if they are renting that you could have a word with their landlady and get them to have a word or give him a piece of his own medicen play your music loud make his life hell
Old 25 April 2007, 10:37 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

no he owns it... i am so miffed..

absolutely no need for it - i just wish he would move away - we've been here for 14 years and no problems.. just goes to show that her next door is a trouble maker when they are in the middle house and us and the neighbour 2 doors down on the other side of them has had problems with her and parking

Trending Topics

Old 25 April 2007, 10:48 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

The "neighbours from hell" seem like that typical arrogant, selfish TW*TS that make me feel embarrassed to be British.

From the knowledge I have you have nothing on them as far as trespassing is concerned and their behaviour is too common place for Police involvement. If the community support person is going to attend I wouldn't even bother waiting in.

My only advice is to try and keep out of their way (if you want a quiet life) or move, or if you are of a certain character , front them at every opportunity and hope they will crack before you do and they may move away.
Old 25 April 2007, 11:05 PM
gazza-uk
Scooby Regular

These people may be able to help
Old 25 April 2007, 11:14 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

They're a bit past it now.. they'd probably run out of battery in their OAP scooters as they rush down t'road
Old 25 April 2007, 11:18 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

just give me the nod and I shall be around toot-da-suite in my noisy 'soobaroo' to annoy the hell out of them, I shall of course approach your road with some well chosen and loud music...I think tonight matthew it shall be
ACDC, Back in black and will sit there with my turbo timer set at 5 minutes

anytime
Old 25 April 2007, 11:21 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Ta, ST
Old 25 April 2007, 11:23 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by little-ginge
Ta, ST
is his 'ladyfriend' fit though
if she is, its all off

Old 25 April 2007, 11:27 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Erm...

Being truthful...

She is around 40ish, wears clothes that only 16-20 year olds should wear ( mutton dressed as) we nickname her Posh Spice coz she thinks she's something she's not..

oh and did I mention she has shoulder length black hair, which unfortunately doesn't hide her bald patch? * insert 'urgh' smilie here*
Old 25 April 2007, 11:30 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

sounds perfect

what number does she live at again
Old 25 April 2007, 11:31 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I think you are just going to have to video and record all you can. Get them ASBO'ed

Maybe sit down with your other neighbours and come up with a nice legal way to get them to want to move. Or maybe just a plan that nobody can prove you did....hmmm
Old 25 April 2007, 11:35 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Someone ( not sure who as of yet, but am trying to find out) slashed all their tyres on their 2 vehicles just after chirstmas. they had gone on holiday or something for about 3 weeks, leaving the cars on the driveway...

good on whoever did it.. I'll buy em a beer when I fnd out
Old 25 April 2007, 11:36 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SwissTony
sounds perfect

what number does she live at again

Perfect? what so you can compare receeding hairlines?
Old 25 April 2007, 11:37 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Perfect? what so you can compare receeding hairlines?

that's a low blow

my offer of help has been rescinded
Old 25 April 2007, 11:39 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

I'm awful sorry like
Old 25 April 2007, 11:41 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

I'm awful sorry like
like hell you are

mine

Old 25 April 2007, 11:42 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

If I had a halo, I'd be wearing it...

lop sided
Old 25 April 2007, 11:48 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

sounds like repeated tyre slashing etc etc could be the way
Old 25 April 2007, 11:48 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

If I had a halo, I'd be wearing it...

lop sided

it would be more like a hula hoop me thinks
Old 25 April 2007, 11:54 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't wear a crisp on my head
Old 25 April 2007, 11:58 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Ah, the Information Age

Don't you just love it.

Old 26 April 2007, 07:15 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

i believe a convoy is needed. possible tell your neighbours about it, and get them to all stand and watch as 100 scoobs park on the green all facing said neighbour, with lights, spotlights indicators on. full on music and revving like ****. see if they like the attention.

or just pop into his back garden everynight and do a poo on his lawn.
Old 26 April 2007, 07:35 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I can mix you up some thermite to place on his car for hilarious results

(may result in a prison sentence and you becoming the prison bi tch)
Old 26 April 2007, 07:55 AM
kittle
Scooby Regular

people like that just need to be burried in concrete under a motorway! big group of people to threated him would be good. the comunity support are useless..... what good is a hobbie bobbie. round here they cant even control 11 year olds let alone a fully grown man.
Old prob is what he will retaliate wiht. get a big mob together might make him think twice. if not justs find out where he drinks wait for him to come out in a slightly intoxictaed state and well...... reshape him
Old 26 April 2007, 01:19 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Don't park on the pavement If the road is not wide enough for other vehicles to get past then you should park elsewhere.

If your neighbour does drive to the pub then you could report him for suspected DD when he's coming home.

Quick Reply: Neighbours from Hell....