TAX help needed!!(HELP)

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2007, 04:06 PM
munna
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool TAX help needed!!(HELP)

Ok here goes!

i have 2 jobs my first job being my restaurant(Just employed as opposed to employer now!)and the second being my IT Job.

just started last month(Middle of) now my tax code for this job is BR(The IT Job)

is the above correct?it states basic rate with no personal allowances!i am married with a daughter surely the above cannot be right or is it?

i have calculated the tax and it does seem to be about right(21%)

so does my tax code need to be changed?
Old 26 April 2007, 04:09 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

That's correct, as your Tax allowance is personal not per job. Therefore you tax allowance will be applied to the pay from your first job, and you pay tax on all your earnings from your second job.
Old 26 April 2007, 04:34 PM
munna
Scooby Regular

Cool

so if i decided to say that my 2nd job was the restaraunt all would be turned around?(Vice versa?)if that be the case,i only take home 6500 a year!?considering most of my tax free earnings are going towards that meagre sum..so in essence i am getting taxed for maybe £1000 from the restaraunt.so if i changed the jobs around so i was paying more tax on the low income job,and less on the high earning one?
the business pay the tax anyway so it does not come directly out of my pocket?!

is that possible?
(Does that make sense?)
Old 26 April 2007, 05:16 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

It would make no difference. Your mind is probably playing tricks on you, its hard to believe but you would end up paying the same in tax anyway, assuming the whoever does the payroll at both jobs are competent.

Oh hang on I just thought, better you do change things round, as you won't be getting the full benefit of the 10% tax band on £6.5k pa. Check with your local tax office they should advise you how to do this. If you carry on as you are now, you'll be in line a small tax rebate at the end of each year, which you need to claim, it won't be automatically given out, again contact the tax office to see what's what.
Old 26 April 2007, 06:29 PM
ronjeramy
Scooby Regular

munna is it not worth talking to you accountant at the restaurant? they might be able to juggle things around? taking drawings or something rather than a salary? is the restaurant a LTD company? i heard that can make a difference?
Old 26 April 2007, 10:40 PM
Gymbal
Scooby Regular

If you fill in a tax return then your PAYE will be balanced out (one way or the other), dependent on expenses of (regarding) both jobs. (So as Reffro says).
Old 26 April 2007, 11:33 PM
munna
Scooby Regular

Cool

hi guys..sorry about the no reply!!just finished at the said restaraunt

we managed to do a little bit of a juggle and it seems that i might be able to get away with reversing it all getting the full tax free lump(circa £5500)and still come away with...guess what?...£80!!

so you were all right and no one was wrong!!

thanks guys

1 word..what a fecked up world,We choose to work what we want to,and then get taxed double plus the normal rate!!..better off being on the ****in dole!!..claiming every benefit in the world..live off every other hard working person..but nooooo!!...munna is a good honest citizen,he does 2 jobs in order to live the life he wants..and pays through the nose for it!!!..**** it i is off to dubai....bye bye!!
Old 27 April 2007, 12:03 AM
ronjeramy
Scooby Regular

£80 is £80 it'll put some v-power in the scoob
Old 27 April 2007, 12:15 AM
munna
Scooby Regular

or some warsteiner!!!

getting my ninja zorst on next week...full decat+ninja BB=one loud fecking car!!...next up the spoiler roof scoop and the colour coded lights..sorteeeed!!!