Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Canada

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2007, 11:07 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canada

Who is the best airline to fly with (for fare price AND a decent flight)?

Looking at flying to Montreal (business) and then driving down to Toronto ... what is there to see and do in Tonronto??

TIA
Old 28 April 2007, 03:59 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Direct flights from the UK (Heathrow) to Montreal start at about £490 return, but that is obviously dependant on how long you are doing for. As for Airlines, Air Canada is pretty good. There is a BA/Air Canada flight (BA to Toronto, Air Canada up to Montral). You could also go via KLM if you want.

As for driving down to Toronto from Montreal, be aware this will take a minimum of about 5 1/2 hours, that's without any major delays.

As for what to do in Toronto, well, there is the CN Tower, which is worth going up. I'd recommend booking dinner at the 360 Restaurant which is the rotating Restaurant near the top of the Tower. If you can book it so you're there about an hour before sunset then you should be able to see the city in daylight, then watch the sun set and see the city by night.

There's also the Rogers center, so you can take in a baseball game. Toronto didn't make the playoffs in the Stanley Cup, so there won't be any NHL Hockey games, but there might be a non NHL game going on and hockey is always a bit of a laugh. There's also the Toronto Raptors basketball team as well.
There are, as you'd expect with a city, many bars, restaurants and clubs, and music arenas.

You could, depending on the weather, pop over to the Toronto Islands for a walk around, it's rather nice over there.

If you want to travel another 1 1/2 hours then you'll be in Niagara so you could check out Niagara falls, which is rather impressive. You may also want to check out Niagara-On-The-Lake, which is a rather nice town.

If you don't want the long drive to the big TO, then check out Ottawa, it's a lot closer to Montreal. Having said that, Montreal itself is rather nice. We're usually only there for a couple of days each year so we've yet to explore everything as most of the time is spent at the track.
Old 28 April 2007, 11:55 AM
kbsub
Scooby Regular

I fly to Calgary with Canadian Affair - cheap flights to Canada and UK ... next Sunday , Not flown with them before so cant comment , but they do fly to Toronto
Old 28 April 2007, 02:51 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I think I might have used Canadain-Affair in the past to fly from Toronto to the UK, then again I might just have been using it for research. One thing I did find was that if I used expedia.co.uk rather than expedia.ca I had access to a couple of flights not listed on the canadain site, plus the canadain site said certain flights were full when I tried to book, yet on the UK site they were available. As I had a UK credit card I was able to book the TO to UK flight on the co.uk site.

If you want cheaper flights then have a look at Zoom Airlines (flyzoom.com), BMI, KLM and Air Transat. As you'd expect, they won't be overly classy, but they will get you there.

My parents surprised me a couple of months back by just turning up at my apartment (well, ok, my g/f knew about it, but kept it secret from me, but I didn't have a clue). They flew Air Transat and the return flight was pretty cheap, think something like £300, which isn't bad considering I've paid anywhere between £500 - £850 for a flight, but that's from TO to the UK and it's always more expensive that way round.
Old 29 April 2007, 11:38 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Thank you - def. Toronto as it's for Champ Car
Old 29 April 2007, 11:41 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

LG
Old 30 April 2007, 12:26 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by little-ginge
Thank you - def. Toronto as it's for Champ Car
Ah, spot of the ol Molson Indy, or Champ Car Grand Prix of Toronto, or whatever it's called these days Travesty I know, but I've never been in the four years I've been here. I can hear it from my balcony though, and I have driven round part of the track (ok, ok, it is a street circuit, so that's cheating really )

Trending Topics

Old 30 April 2007, 07:27 AM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Further to what Markus said, if you fly budget, it has to be Zoom. I would rather swim than use Air Transat again. Not too impressed with Canadian Affair either.
Old 30 April 2007, 10:49 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

FlyGlobespan.com - Low Cost, Cheap Flights and Holidays to Europe, Canada, America and South Africa from the UK and Ireland. Cheap Flights from Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Belfast, Birmingham, Cardiff, Doncaster Sheffield, Dublin, Durham Tees Valle

They fly to Calgary (LOVELY PLACE) for about £300 return.

Think its from East Midlands though if thats any good to you, they defo go there from 1 airport though.
Old 30 April 2007, 11:34 AM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 84of300

LG

what?
Old 30 April 2007, 11:35 AM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
Ah, spot of the ol Molson Indy, or Champ Car Grand Prix of Toronto, or whatever it's called these days Travesty I know, but I've never been in the four years I've been here. I can hear it from my balcony though, and I have driven round part of the track (ok, ok, it is a street circuit, so that's cheating really )

My other half designs the gear boxes for the cars