Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related
View Poll Results: Should companies use Indian Call center?
Yes, Indian call Center are ok
1.75%
Not really bothered
0%
Not really, they can be a bit annoying
14.91%
No, I hate and I mean hate, Indian Call centers!
83.33%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Indian Call Centers ... your opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 28 April 2007, 12:55 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Indian Call Centers ... your opinion?

Whats your opinion on Indian call centers? I'm not aksing if you like the Indian People or what your opinion on them is, but do you think the Indian call centers just make things worse when you call for help ?
Old 28 April 2007, 12:59 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep, bloody useless. you may as well talk to a wall, you'd get better results and it would understand you better too!
astraboy.
Old 28 April 2007, 01:06 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Agreed, total pants, dont understand what they are saying properly, they dont understand me, when you deviate from their script they are stumped......

Totally useless.

Dave
Old 28 April 2007, 01:15 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i phoned NU the other night and it was 1 of them - had to spell and repeat nearly all my details 2-3 times, he then read the details back to me several times, asked the same questions several times and when he gave me a quote i told him it was £150 more than previous quotes and he kept asking when i wanted the cover to start? (er yeah i'll pay an extra £150) in the end (after 15mins) i slammed the phone down
Old 28 April 2007, 01:23 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Having just dealt with NTL's, you know my views on that 1.

However as a company we have to deal with 1 for 1 of our customers, and we never ring them. They are hard to understand, don't understand what we are saying and we are constantly repeating ourselves, and when we are understood it takes them weeks to act.

My directors won't even talk to them. Any support calls we do are closed with the end customer not the (supposed) help desk.
Old 28 April 2007, 01:38 PM
B9GLY
Scooby Regular

they are a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 28 April 2007, 01:39 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

I think you all know where I work now, but I still have to deal with other departments based there and it does my **** in! The script it so annoying, at the end of call no matter what the out come they always say, is there anything else I can help you with, ok thanks for your call, which is sooooooo annoying when they couldn't actually help you in the first place!

A lot and I mean a lot of customers hang up as soon as they get through to an Indian sounding person!

Most of my calls start with oh thank god someone English!!
Old 28 April 2007, 01:54 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

LOL at Pimmo "Most of my call start with oh thank god someone English!!" I've actually come out with that when speaking to HP !

As above you know they are reading from a script and get into serious difficulties when deviate.
At least they have stopped comming up with english sounding names said with an Indian accent - yes I really believe that you are called John Wayne or Den Watts !

richard
Old 28 April 2007, 02:10 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Certain Indian call centres are talking on behalf of some genuine companies I am already with. I don't mind them, as long as they talk point to point and do not moider. They have improved their accent, they understand other accents better now, and generally, they have become more knowledgeable about the products etc.

My complaint is with the random sales calls, selling loans etc. They are utter rude, as sticky as a chewing gum to your shoes and talk through their @rse I am serious moidered to death by such callers. I don't know how to stop them. They call 5-6 times a day. if I tell them to BEGGER OFF, they say to me "Why are you shouting at me?"
I have rung BT about this prob. Not sure if they can do much about international calls. It's working like a right harrassment One of them got my 15 yr old daughter the other day on phone. She, by mistake, told him her name. She thought it could have been a family related call (I am Indian). Now that idiot keeps ringing, asking for her
I am at the end of my tether. I am very close to reporting such callers to the police.
Old 28 April 2007, 02:15 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I quite like it when cold call centre’s phone me. Do you know when you have had a bad day and you want to argue with someone or wind them up. You can’t do it to your kids or the wife…………but then ………. they phone up. Can stay on the phone for hours with no hope of them selling me anything
Old 28 April 2007, 02:16 PM
rcwhite
Scooby Regular

they **** me off sooooooooooooooo much if i could stick my hand down the phone they would get a
Old 28 April 2007, 02:19 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suresh
Did you deliberately type that to illustrate the literacy problems of foreigners trying to speak English? If so, very clever If not

Its 'centre' by the way, unless you're a yank.

I have very limited experience of them BTW (it was someone cold-calling me), so I think they're just fine! <wobbles head>
would you believe I'm drunk ??
Old 28 April 2007, 02:30 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suresh
They targetted me because of the Asian surname. Each time they called I placed an order for kebabs, Karai gosht and several naans to be delivered within the hour. With each subsequent call I got increasingly irate that my food had never arrived and demanded that they deliver immediately

They gave up after a week
PMSL

I may try that
Old 28 April 2007, 02:34 PM
Mr Jiggerry Poke
Scooby Regular

Default Your call is important to us, Please hold the line...........

There used to be television advert in NornIron (N.Ireland) where a woman came into t he house carrying shopping bags and picked up the ringing phone. It was a cold call sales pitch at which point she put the phone on the table and started playing a children’s musical toy at the handset and went of and made some tea. Shortly after she picks up the phone and says “Your call is important to us, please continue to hold”.

This then inspired me to have a bit of fun with the next cold call. Some guy, (non-uk based call centre) asks to speak to the bt telephone bill payer, and I proceeded to act very stupid.

Answered all his questions with “Ummmmm, I don’t know” “emmmmm maybe” “not sure really” “Who is it that you are looking for” “I don’t know if I am him” and generally kept them on the phone for as long as possible as they were ringing me. I think I held them for about 10minutes, a complete waste of everybody’s time, but I got a bit of a laugh out of it. I actually heard the guy laughing on the other end eventually.

Not that I would condone this sort of thing, but if you are getting irate it causes you more damage, so why not turn it to your favour.

Your message is important to us, please continue to post to scoobynet until your fingers seize.
Old 28 April 2007, 02:59 PM
bgood
Scooby Regular

Not sure how effective this is at stopping cold calls from Indian call centres but it's certainly stopped the calls I was getting from some UK companies

TPS Registration
Old 28 April 2007, 03:02 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Like others, my issue is that most of the call centers cannot understand our accents properly, and we cannot understand thiers, which adds a level of frustration to things that should not really be there. I've phoned many call centers and have had no problems at all. Ironically it seems when it's a very technical issue that I get problems, which is exactly what you don't need.

Having said that, quite a few Canadians can't understand my accent and when I say my name is Mark they mistake it for Malc or Make, so it's not just those in indian call centers who have problems with our accents.
Old 28 April 2007, 04:12 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by druddle
Agreed, total pants, dont understand what they are saying properly, they dont understand me, when you deviate from their script they are stumped......

Totally useless.

Dave
This is so true, and then they hang up on you when it gets tough making you FUME!

I have however soken to great, nice people and had good experiences too, but it would be interesting to see what they make of us RUDE, impatient, highly demanding Brits!

It's the cheapskate companies who are to blame for the culture clash mind - it just doesnt really work from a uk customers perspective.

D
Old 28 April 2007, 04:35 PM
Varboy
Scooby Regular

i have found over the past few years that they are getting better

as soon as they obtain a decent standard, the wage price will be too high so they will move the call centres to China
Old 28 April 2007, 05:26 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Very frustrating.
Old 28 April 2007, 05:29 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a problem with my mobile phone company and even when I told the woman in the call centre that she didn't have the mental capacity to comprehend the argument that I was trying to present to her she continued to recite lines off her script.

I completely undermined the credibility of her argument by getting her to state that firstly they had not changed my terms and conditions, then to state that they had changed the detail of my price plan to, and then finally she agreed that the price plan was an integral part of the T&Cs I signed up to; yet she still refused to admit that the company had actually changed my T&Cs.

The only this that stopped my crying was that fact that I was able to call her a brainless moron by using well selected phrases and she didn't understand what I was doing.
Old 28 April 2007, 06:12 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Ive had the same from aol at the moment... service is ok, but the scripts shocking!!!

ive now had the called passed to managers, who are based in ireland, so at lest they speak english, or is it irish?still not haoppy though, they admit theyve fcked up, but can do anything about it for 2 months ..

awaiting another call on monday to update... lets see from which locale they are

Mart
Old 28 April 2007, 06:23 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

They are absolutely hopeless
BT is one of the worst, I got so frustrated with them I asked them how the hell they were going to fix my broadband when they were in India and I was in England. It took 10 calls before I eventually got someone who I could understand
Old 28 April 2007, 06:30 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 84of300
BT is one of the worst, I got so frustrated with them I asked them how the hell they were going to fix my broadband when they were in India and I was in England. It took 10 calls before I eventually got someone who I could understand

And the infuriating thing is they all insist on saying their name is Dave (even the women ). I just tell them my name is Abdul and ask if that can be the last lie we will tell each other on the call. Seems to put them on the back foot.
Old 28 April 2007, 06:32 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Who do they think they are kidding, f1 fan
Old 28 April 2007, 08:17 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

They pis$ me off a bit, however I'm always polite to them because at the end of the day they're just people doing a job, and I doubt they relish calling rude Brits all day!
Old 28 April 2007, 08:21 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I can imagine that being quite an exasperating but funny conversation to both the parties Jordie and Indian? You should have taped the convo for entertainment reasons

BTW, Sanjay from AOL was a top bloke , who fixed my wireless broadband in Wales from Banglore. Much more thorough and precise than the halfhead and clueless British bloke I talked before. May be, he didn't understand my accent You get all sorts, I suppose.
Old 28 April 2007, 10:14 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by Turbohot
I can imagine that being quite an exasperating but funny conversation to both the parties Jordie and Indian? You should have taped the convo for entertainment reasons

Good point.
Doesn't stop me getting really frustrated at having keep saying, "sorry" every time I can't understand what they are saying, especially when I want whatever the problem is, sorted, double quick
Old 28 April 2007, 10:22 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Peter Patel.

Sarah Singh.

Kieth Khan.

Sick of them all.
Old 28 April 2007, 10:25 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Makes you wonder whether Indian People get stuck through to a call centre in Warrington ?
Old 28 April 2007, 10:59 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Agree ,took them 4 weeks and god knows how many calls to sort mine out, they fooked up my payment details by getting my name wrong (went to the bank with the name Reginald Armstrong) then just got some dodgy Indian bloke keep telling me that my case was a being looked into .

Quick Reply: Indian Call Centers ... your opinion?