Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Migraine??

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2007, 07:55 PM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Migraine??

Came home after playing footy on Tuesday, feeling great, got home, sat down and suddenly my vision went all weird, felt a bit dizzy and then about 5 mins ish later got the most painful headache from hell ever and then felt sick etc
Woke up wednesday morning, headache sort of gone ( just in the background) but up til today i still feel really drained and when i turn my head it feels like my eyes need to catch up and basically i feel like crap.
Went to the docs on fri and he reckons i definately had a migraine, ive never had one before ( im 32 by the way ).
Is this normal to still feel like crap when this migraine thing happened on tuesday ??
What can i do? it feels like im half cut or something??
Just for info im pretty fit, gym 3-4 times a week and play footy every week.
Never had anything like this before and its driving me mad feeling like this !!!!!
Old 29 April 2007, 09:02 PM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Anyone ??
Old 29 April 2007, 09:38 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Migraines can leave you feeling totally drained. I suffer from horrendous headaches ( which they can't be sure if they are migraines or another evil type of headache). I know that the longer the pain lasts, the more debilitating the after effects - sometimes I feel like I've done 10 rounds with Tyson. The longer the period of pain, the longer it takes for you to bounce back, and you feel drained and tired for several days.

A GP can prescribe tablets which you can take as soon as you feel you are getting one to help alleviate the symptoms.

This linky may help you with any questions:

Migraine Action Association

Hope you feel better soon

LG
Old 29 April 2007, 09:43 PM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

So even though this happened on tuesday, i could still be feeling the effects now?
Old 29 April 2007, 09:46 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

If it was really bad, then yeah it doesn't surprise me - nasty *******, migraines.. make sure you drink loads of liquid, and don't do anything which could aggreviate another attack
Old 29 April 2007, 09:56 PM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the replies, ive bee drinking loads and wll see how i am tomorrow and might even make another docs appointment.
I dont know whether to try going to the gym tomorrow or not? and ment to be playing footy on tuesday, but to be honest dont feel like doing either at the mo, and this is vey unlike me !
Old 29 April 2007, 10:00 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

My pal suffers from migraine. I've known her to be out of sorts for up to a week
She got a prescrition from the quacks, don't know what it was but seems to have helped. She's not had one for quite a while now

Trending Topics

Old 29 April 2007, 10:00 PM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

ohhh nasty things.. when i get them.. very occasionally I have to go lie down in a dark room otherwise Im just poorly sick :-(
Old 29 April 2007, 10:03 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

i dont think you should go to the gym might be a bit soon just relax for a few days until you feel alot better maybe some gentle exercise might be ok but nothing too hard
Old 29 April 2007, 10:07 PM
lightwave693
Scooby Regular

migranes are buggers, i used to get them quite regular, once a month but the last six months i havent had one... so expecting a biggy anytime soon.

you know when its coming by the ziggy lines in your vision and then the thumping headache. ive tried all sorts of pain killers includings one priscribed by docs but no good. if its coming then theres not much that can be done. dark room, lots of water and sleep, always get weird dreams when sleeping off a migrane... some quite good
Old 29 April 2007, 10:09 PM
NXG
Scooby Regular

It's most likely dehydration. You should drink some water before sports, but more importantly, make sure you get the recommended amount on a daily basis (and coffee doesn't count...). It takes a LOT longer for the body to rehydrate and the effects of dehydration to go that it does to end up in that state in the first place.

If you're still not feeling right a week after the incident, I'd re-visit the doc. Migraine's shouldn't last longer than a few days (typically up to 3), but can last longer. Your symptoms sound more like dehydration than a migraine though. Migraines aren't just bad headaches, they're a lot worse, and if you really get one, you'll know it!
Old 29 April 2007, 10:11 PM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Its weird, i dont normally get things or pick up bugs etc but when this happened, sounds really odd i know but i was/am a bit scared! and to be honest im worried now, it really does feel like im half pi**ed, feels like i want to shake my head or rub my eyes to sort it out but i know that wont do anything ! not the way to be feeling when your just thinking about becoming a fitness instructor!!!!
Old 29 April 2007, 10:12 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Lightwave - have you tried 'MAXALT' wafers? They're not bad - I normally have to take a 2nd one before I start to see any relief but they are the only thing which has helped me so far..

apparently though there is a new tablet out which is supposed to work wonders...
Old 29 April 2007, 10:12 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaolin
Its weird, i dont normally get things or pick up bugs etc but when this happened, sounds really odd i know but i was/am a bit scared! and to be honest im worried now, it really does feel like im half pi**ed, feels like i want to shake my head or rub my eyes to sort it out but i know that wont do anything ! not the way to be feeling when your just thinking about becoming a fitness instructor!!!!

If you're not happy, and still worried get yourself back to the GP, have a proper check up etc.. then you can be reassured
Old 29 April 2007, 10:15 PM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Yes im pretty sure this wasnt just a headache.
And because i play alot of sport etc im normally pretty good with my hydration, although a few people i know have said it sounds like im de-hydrated.
Either that or im just a big wuss !!!!
Old 29 April 2007, 10:16 PM
girl-in-a-scoob
Scooby Regular

migraines do not equal wuss shaolin.. they hit you like a double decker.. its not just a headache
Old 29 April 2007, 10:17 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Have you been overdoing things recently? What sort of job do you have?
Old 29 April 2007, 10:19 PM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

When i saw the docs on friday he gave me Almotriptan, took 2 of these yesterday and they havent done a bloody thing ( can only take 2 in 24 hrs ) to me this seemed odd giving me the tablets even though the migraine thing happened on tuesday ??? and after reading the leaflet with the tabs they sound like bloody evil things !!!!! £6.85 for six !!!!!!!.........perhaps its the price that has made me feel like this !
Old 29 April 2007, 10:21 PM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by little-ginge
Have you been overdoing things recently? What sort of job do you have?
This is the weird thing, i was made redundant about 3 weeks ago so ive just been taking things easy!
Old 29 April 2007, 10:24 PM
thesyn
Scooby Regular

possibly a problem with the balance mechanism of the middle ear? If you keep your head still no problem but if you move your head you can feel dizzy and nauseous. Its usually caused by a viral infection and settles itself.
Best go and see the gp again if your problem has not settled
Old 29 April 2007, 10:25 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Are you stressed about that? Stress can make you have a migraine
Old 29 April 2007, 10:27 PM
lightwave693
Scooby Regular

migranes are odd with the ways they can arrive...the last one i remeber having was a few mins after drinking a can of dr pepper! i knew straight away what was happening, popped a few migrelive from the docs but didnt touch it. not tried maxalt wafers, are the buyable over the counter?

rich
Old 29 April 2007, 10:28 PM
Shaolin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by little-ginge
Are you stressed about that? Stress can make you have a migraine
Couldnt be happier to be honest! needed the kick up the **** to get out of the rut and get a job that i will enjoy, hence the fitness instructor/personal trainer course !!
Old 29 April 2007, 10:38 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Shaolin, get yourself to the quacks tomorrow. You are obviously worried which may, in turn, trigger another migraine.
Old 30 April 2007, 12:28 AM
a_little_feisty
Scooby Regular

I've suffered from migraines for about 15 years, but thankfully only get a handful in a year ... there are so many symptoms and for some people thay can last for a week ... The ones with the funny vision (the ones I get) are called common aura migraines ... the scope of vision alters - almost as if you are looking through a kaleidoscope and only the centre part has proper focus ... sounds a bit weird I know and very scary the first time you get one! ... my headache is really bad for a day and then just dull for the next ... I too usually do the dark room thing on day 1.

If it is a migraine be prepared for the fact that you may never be able to determine the cause ... or if you are lucky you just may never get one again ... you just never know ... common triggers are dehydration, caffeine, chocolate and cheese ... if you do get one again you just learn how to deal with them and as such the fear subsides.

Just one other possiblity - sinusitis ... always makes my head feel very fuzzy and gives me a god damn awful headache and makes me feel generally groggy until I get antibiotics.

If you are still worried, go to your doctors and voice your concerns, they may be able to reassure you if nothing else.

Hope you feel better soon!