T-Mobile problems

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2007, 10:00 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Mobile problems

Long story short:
Signed up with T-Mobile 3 months ago with a £35 a month package and a Samsung D840.
Very unhappy with the reception and coverage, I went back to the carfone
warehouse where I originally got the phone.
Immediatly, the guy said that T-Mobile will not cancel contracts if the problem is just poor reception. After a few words, he rang his HQ who told him to call T-mobile. (what a great idea! )
The guy on the end of the phone said that there had been problems with the D840 and their network. The phone has now been sent off for repair.
In the mean time, I'm using my old D500. Surprise surprise, I am having the exact same coverage problems.
Spoke to a woman at T-mobile today who told me that my area had 90% coverage, although that may drop to 50% coverage indoors! To top the lot, she said that the only way to end my contract early, is to pay the full £400 remaining on it!

Can they really make me pay for something that I can't use reliably?
I had the same issue with vodafone 2 years ago and they had no problem ending my contract 14months early. They even let me keep the number!

A bit stumped as to what to do next.
Any advice appreciated.

Chris
Old 08 May 2007, 10:50 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

believe it or not I had the same problem and I live 700 yards from their HQ!!

I spend alot of time in gig venues both large and small in London, and hit the same problem as you. I hit the problem that only they would let me use the phone as a modem for a reasonable amount per month with decent bandwidth (I was papping at the time).

I fixed the problem (albeit by getting another Tmobile conract) and trialing 3g. Never have signal disappear now. and am close enough to the end of 1 contact to buy myself out.

However, their phone range ain't great, they will not be stocking the N93i or the E65, both of which I was looking at as replacement phones on the new contract as they have decent keypads, wifi and bluetooth.

Looks like I'm going to O2.
Old 09 May 2007, 07:46 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

anyone?
Old 09 May 2007, 01:42 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

no one else ever suffered this issue with T-Mobile?
Old 09 May 2007, 04:03 PM
ESH
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100

Hi Chris. This won't help you one bit but still it must be said that this is exactly why the networks provide you with a cooling off period of up to 14 days from taking delivery of the handset. Up to 28 days for handset faults. Quite why this has gone on as long a 3 months I don't know.

I've worked in comms for quite some time and have never seen a contract cancelled outside of the cooling off period unless the issue was with a pretty big client and I mean big!

Good luck and regards
Old 12 May 2007, 09:20 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

bump
Old 12 May 2007, 11:39 PM
Wmscooby
Scooby Regular

My partner has always had payment issues i did tell her not to go with T Mobile.

Dont forget they used to be one to no-one
Old 13 May 2007, 02:21 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
I have

I have been with Tmobile for about 4 years. After the first year, they never offered me an upgrade. Then after 2 years on being with them, they did. Now, once again, they came back to me a month ago, offering me an upgrade; only if I promise to stay with them for another 12 months. I told them to stick the upgrade up their bum
Very poor reception and poor customer care (e.g. no regular upgrades, even when your contract renewal is for 12 months, not 18). I think it's time to go with O2
Old 13 May 2007, 02:26 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wmscooby
My partner has always had payment issues i did tell her not to go with T Mobile.
If she has always had payment issues, does some other company offer the phone and the calls free of charge? if they do, it sounds amazing to me! Let us know which one it is
Old 13 May 2007, 10:02 AM
Wmscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
If she has always had payment issues, does some other company offer the phone and the calls free of charge? if they do, it sounds amazing to me! Let us know which one it is
No i meant shes paid on time then they want more off her even though shes ahead with payment plan
Old 13 May 2007, 10:55 AM
Billgtt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
I have
Very poor reception and poor customer care (e.g. no regular upgrades, even when your contract renewal is for 12 months, not 18). I think it's time to go with O2
I've read a lot of people complain about lack of reception on T-Mobile. I was with them/one2one for about 10 years and I think the only common place I didn't get reception was when I was in my local pub. Their customer service does stink though. Last month I went to try and upgrade to the Nokia N95 (they never once told my I was due an upgrade, I always had to find out) and they wanted £250 off me. I managed to haggle them down to £120 but they refused to believe that I knew people on O2 who had got it free (and their bills were no bigger than mine). The woman practially laughed at me down the phone and accused me of trying it on. I said fine, and cancelled my contract the next day and now i'm with O2.
Old 13 May 2007, 11:02 AM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Billgtt
I Last month I went to try and upgrade to the Nokia N95 (they never once told my I was due an upgrade, I always had to find out) and they wanted £250 off me. I managed to haggle them down to £120 but they refused to believe that I knew people on O2 who had got it free (and their bills were no bigger than mine). The woman practially laughed at me down the phone and accused me of trying it on. I said fine, and cancelled my contract the next day and now i'm with O2.
TBH thats the same with all carriers. A colleague experinaced the same thing with Vodaphone and is now on Orange with a free N95 and a smaller bill than he was paying before for more allowance.