Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Crazy Mum's With Kids In Car

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2007, 08:45 PM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Crazy Mum's With Kids In Car

I always thought that the Female Instinct was to protect her offspring and NOT to put her kids at risk.

OK, had 2 incidents today that got me thinking, I have to admit that this has never happened to me before and, twice in the one day at 2 different locatins, Stoke On Trent & Wolverhampton.

Around 12 ish today, in Stoke, I approacged a Roundabout, looked to the right, nothing coming, so out I go, Screeech, Renualt People Thingie, appears from the right, tyres screeching, blows Horn at me, I stop moving forward and, change my Underwear!

She is mouthing something at me,young child, Toddler I guess is strapped in the back in a child seat. "Mummy" then continues to undertake/overtake to get out at the next Island!

About 4ish this Afternoon, Going around the Wolverhampton Ringroad, by Waitrose heading towards Kidderminster, after the lights, it goes from 2 lanes to a single & a Speed Camera at 30MPH next to it.

This time "Mummy" is driving a Blue Peugot 206 & comes from behind in the outside lane cuts me up, thenn brakes right in front of me to not get caught by the "Greed Camera", I stand on the anchors, Flash my lights, (traffic heavy & she has to crawl along like the rest of us), get a single finger & a lot of verbal and, again there is a tot in the rear baby seat.

Crazy girls they both were, this has never happened to me before, twice in the same day, Mothers driving a bit lardy with Kids in the back.

Has anyone noticed anything like this and, was I just unfortunate??

Scary stuff if I had (in the second incident) decided not to let her in??

Mind how you go.

Alan MaC
Old 15 May 2007, 09:36 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe it was you driving like a d1ck and not them Twice is unusual I would of thought.
Old 15 May 2007, 10:00 PM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

Your right, twice in one day is what made me post this.

As I said, Mums putting their Kids at risk doesn't seem normal?

If I was driving like a ***** I think that there could have been a prang which, I 'm pleased to say didn't happen.

All I'm asking, is this a new trend or a one off??

Alan MaC
Old 15 May 2007, 10:04 PM
DANNYBOY2511
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mate i see it all the time living around london
Old 15 May 2007, 10:04 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bioforger
Maybe it was you driving like a d1ck and not them Twice is unusual I would of thought.
You not seen this in action then? I have been driving 6 years 5 years ncb and have never seen something so fearful as a espaces/4x4 driven by a woman at 3pm
Old 15 May 2007, 10:11 PM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that.

It's a bit worrying for the kids.

Alan MaC
Old 15 May 2007, 10:19 PM
MrRA
Scooby Regular

I don't get the first incident. First there is nothing coming and then suddenly there is a car almost on top of you.
Old 15 May 2007, 10:29 PM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

It was a strange Roundabout that had several exits.

The actual Central bit had a lot of Plants and stuff, with all this rain was quite high.

If it did not have all the jungle stuff, you could see all the exits.

The lady was shifting, no doubt about it and, as I said, was there very quickly.

She went on to undertake/overtake to get on to make progress at the next Roundabout, she was in a hurry.
Old 15 May 2007, 11:17 PM
Scoobydick
Scooby Regular

Poor little mummies probably not getting enough of the old in out and are all tense and can't concentrate on the road properly.
Old 15 May 2007, 11:39 PM
DaveD
Scooby Regular

Saw a crazy mum today going round Cribbs Causway, Bristol.
Around the perimeter of the shopping mall is a 40mph dual carriageway, with a number of roundabouts, spaced every 1,000 yds or so.

As I approached one of the roundabouts, I saw an Astra doing at least 70mph, if not more, approaching from the opposite direction. It had little hope of making it round - it turned in, understeered, glanced the central island, lost the o/s/f hubcap, and headed in a straight line (abs protesting) off the roundabout and hit the outside curb head-on. The car came to rest with the front wheels up on the curb, blocking one of the roundabout entry points.

I thought the car had been stolen, so waited momentarily to see what would happen. I then realised a woman was at the wheel, and she was cursing to herself. I then noticed a child moving around in the back (thankfully in a proper seat and with a seat belt). Seeing as there were no obvious injuries, I carried on my way home.

I can only imagine that she thought she was on a motorway - don't know how she missed the 40mph and roundabout signs?!
Old 16 May 2007, 07:31 AM
funkyspider
Scooby Regular

maybe they were on a mapping session and they were not kids, but actually dwarf mappers, you didnt happen to see them doing 110 on dual carriageway did you ?
Old 16 May 2007, 07:43 AM
Alan MaC
Scooby Regular

Hadn't thought of that!
Old 16 May 2007, 10:06 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The worst thing is they normally have thse 'Baby on Board' or 'Tiny Person on board; stickers in the window as almost if it's a licence to drive like *****.

I live near 3 schools in a ½mile radius (admittedley 2 are now in the same buildings) but going home at 3.15 was a nightmare mums and kids running out between cars (even though a crossing was provided),parking on double yellow lines and then driving like my road like it's Santa Pod
Old 16 May 2007, 12:30 PM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan MaC

This time "Mummy" is driving a Blue Peugot 206 & comes from behind in the outside lane cuts me up, thenn brakes right in front of me to not get caught by the "Greed Camera", I stand on the anchors, Flash my lights, (traffic heavy & she has to crawl along like the rest of us), get a single finger & a lot of verbal and, again there is a tot in the rear baby seat.
Probably her time of the month, the poor thing

How dare you be in her way when she had to get the sprog home from school and get hubbies tea on?

That said dont know who's idea it was to let women drive cars, vote, go to work or think they are equal to men - cos they just aint, eh guys!
Old 16 May 2007, 12:34 PM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

Wheres Sara!!! I think she could comment on this thread!
Old 16 May 2007, 12:37 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by every1sgottablue1
Wheres Sara!!! I think she could comment on this thread!

What, does she drive like that ?
Old 16 May 2007, 12:45 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

My first car was written off by a woman who was chastising her kids in the back and drove straight into my (unoccupied) parked car at 30mph, then drove off Luckily my flatmate got the registration and in those days the desk sergeant was quite helpful with an address. A bunch of us went round and got compensation. Her car looked quite sad on the drive leaking liquid with its front all caved in
Old 16 May 2007, 01:40 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

You want to try cycling to work in a city centre at "that" time of day.

I didn't do it often but the sheer number of cars that zoom up to a give-way and screech to a halt 4 feet over the lines.....

J.
Old 16 May 2007, 03:09 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Norman Dog
That said dont know who's idea it was to let women drive cars, vote, go to work or think they are equal to men - cos they just aint, eh guys!

oooooooh that is an infraction waiting to happen!!! lets hope Sarah doesn't stumble in here by accident
Old 22 May 2007, 06:59 AM
mybabyscooby
Scooby Newbie

I kinda agree with bioforger. If it just happened once, it's forgivable. But it happened to you twice, so what could it imply?

Old 22 May 2007, 11:33 AM
Puppetmaster
Scooby Regular

I see it all the time driving around London to be honest.
Happened to me yesterday... the woman was on her mobile, in her Chelsea Tractor, (which really winds me up) and not paying attention. We were on a dual carriageway - I had just moseyed on past and seen the kid/mobile situation.
She carried on a bit faster then pulled out with indicating and almost took my passenger side wing out!! Much use of the brakes/lights/horns.... caught up with her at the lights and gave her some of my mind. She didn't wind her windows down... or notice.. as she was still on her phone!!!
Old 22 May 2007, 11:44 AM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Question 1. Are you a parent ?
Question 2. Have you ever had to drive with one or two small distractions in the back of your vehicle?
Question 3. Have you never seen crazy dads in cars too ? ( I have, several times, and more often than not, the poor little things in back are NOT fastened in.)
Yve
Old 22 May 2007, 11:45 AM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Vindaloo, you have mentioned the B or C word, be prepared for an onslaught of abuse.....
Yve
Old 22 May 2007, 12:26 PM
ChrisB

Originally Posted by Alan MaC
It was a strange Roundabout that had several exits.

The actual Central bit had a lot of Plants and stuff, with all this rain was quite high.

If it did not have all the jungle stuff, you could see all the exits.

The lady was shifting, no doubt about it and, as I said, was there very quickly.

She went on to undertake/overtake to get on to make progress at the next Roundabout, she was in a hurry.
Do you remember what road or where you were in Stoke?
Old 22 May 2007, 12:31 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

the estate i live on has a school on it. If its kicking out time i always drive past at 15mph, and i mean 15mph. sen various kids start to run out then get stopped by parents, just not worth the risk.

but in driving slow past i get some very angry looks from speeding mothers in there huge people carriers and 4x4s as they charge through the parked cars, FFS i'm driving slow to protect your kids, not because i like doing so.

realy gets my goat up