Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Sopranos------- SPOILER

Search this Thread

Old 16 May 2007, 02:19 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sopranos------- SPOILER

OK, I'm probably the only Sopranos fan.... anywhere but the latest esp really let me down, they KILLED Christopher !!! WTF? Ok he was a druggy *** but he had the potential to be a great character... I know its ending soon but still !!
Old 16 May 2007, 02:28 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can partially understand why Tony did it though. He was worried about someone ratting him out, and who'd be easier to coerce than junky boy Chris, plus I believe Tony was under the impression Chris was clean, which was not the case, and thus he would have lost respect for Chris. The final nail was seeing the baby seat in the back, and the branch that would have killed her if she was in her seat. This accident could have happened at any time, just look at how jumpy Chris was, and this too was noticed by Tony.

There is the flipside that perhaps Tony saw it as a mercy killing, as everyone would know Chris was using again when they screened him at the hospital, and this would be frowned upon by many, and thus he was saving him from that.
Old 16 May 2007, 03:55 AM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Nah, there was no mercy in it. It had been building for years, at least since season 5 when the whole drug thing came out in the open. Many hints have been dropped the last few episodes by Tony regarding losing his paitence with Chris. The admission to being high, and the crushed child seat, were the straws that broke the camels back. Tony was protecting himself, and in his mind, Chris' daughter. The issues regarding potential flipping, lack of respect, lack of commitment etc were justifications.

BTW, he didn't have POTENTIAL to be a great character, there are only 3 episodes left! He was a great character!

It's a shame it's all about to end, but it's definetly had it's day, and now it feels like they're just rushing it all to get it all tied up and finished ASAP

Last edited by 2000TLondon; 16 May 2007 at 03:57 AM.
Old 16 May 2007, 07:55 AM
sbk1972
Scooby Regular

Mmm I havent seen the last 2 episodes despite downloading them. However, fro mthe way Tony hugged Chris, you could see his time was number.

However, what has happened to Sopranos ?? Its turned to sh1te !! It's slow, uninteresting, hence why I havent watched them. They should of killed it off, on a high, end of SO5.

One show Im getting to though is "Black Donnellys", its like the new sopranos. An irish family, 4 brothers, in New York, and how they slowly take over their block !! Really good.

SBK
Old 16 May 2007, 12:15 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sbk1972
Mmm I havent seen the last 2 episodes despite downloading them. However, fro mthe way Tony hugged Chris, you could see his time was number.

However, what has happened to Sopranos ?? Its turned to sh1te !! It's slow, uninteresting, hence why I havent watched them. They should of killed it off, on a high, end of SO5.

One show Im getting to though is "Black Donnellys", its like the new sopranos. An irish family, 4 brothers, in New York, and how they slowly take over their block !! Really good.

SBK
Downloading the first one now thanks for the heads up
Old 16 May 2007, 02:35 PM
sbk1972
Scooby Regular

Good man, its tremendous. Takes a few episodes to get into it.

SBK
Old 16 May 2007, 09:42 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

SBK
Jut watched the first one... its like they're writing what I'm thinking !

Spot on downloading no.2 now
Old 16 May 2007, 11:52 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

SBK
you do know its been cancelled dont you !
Old 17 May 2007, 04:18 AM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
you do know its been cancelled dont you !
I watched the first five or six episodes of black donnellys, it looked like it had promise, but thought it turned out to be pretty poor and gave up on it. 24 is fianlly coming to the end of season 6 next week over here and that is total tosh now, wish I'd never started watching it this year, utter repetitive nonsense, same events as last two or three seasons, different location, recycling gone mad!

I've been downloading BROTHERHOOD which is quite good, but think that got canned, too. Lot's of the networks cancel shows here quite easily. KIDNAPPED also got canceled last year when it looked promising.

The Sopranos feels like they have run out of time and ideas and are rushing to get it all done and dusted, a real waste, IMO....

There aren't many other good shows about on NBC or FOX at the moment, although Entourage on HBO is halfway through it's third season and is probably the best show on telly right now......
Old 17 May 2007, 07:47 AM
sbk1972
Scooby Regular

2000Tlondon - I noticed shows get cancelled at a drop of a hat. I was starting to download Drive, Andy Barker but both were cancelled

I agree about 24, its loosing its way and for the first time in 6 series, Im not that fussed to watch it now, now they have got the bombs back. Sopranos is awful, they ruined that.

I like Black Donnellys, found them quite good, cant believe they cancelled it too. I also like 30 ROCK, thats funny, I hope they have a second series. Been reading that there will be a second series of heroes which is good.

Will look at Entourage now, see whats it like.

Cheers

SBK