Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Doherty released again!

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2007, 12:02 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd love to know what was going through Bruce Willis's head in the Green Room of Johnathan Woss's talk show when Pete was in deep discussion with him.

Yeah he was out of it, not wasted, but still not quite on this planet.

Still think he needs a good slap by every member of the public that he passes on the way to rehab
Old 04 July 2007, 12:10 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

I actually think he is a pretty good bloke. He obviously fell by the wayside, but hopefully he is on his way back.

Massively talented lyricist.

However, he is obviously the antichrist as far as the Scoobynet respectible conservative voting masses goes
Old 04 July 2007, 12:19 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
No. Whether he can write a few good lyrics or not he's still a complete t055er with utter contempt for the law and other people who should have been put away years ago!

Dave
If driving offences means "utter contempt for the law" then half of this site would be locked up.

With regards to the drug use - It's his body, he was caught with a personal stash, not kilos of the stuff, hence he is not being convicted for intent to supply.

I'm not sure where you get the idea he has contempt for other people though.
Old 04 July 2007, 12:24 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The solution : Stick Pete in a room with about 3 tonnes of Heroin, let him take care of himself.

Trending Topics

Old 04 July 2007, 12:25 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

I prefer my rock and roll stars to be a bit dangerous.

But he's a bit of a tosser.

Steve
Old 04 July 2007, 12:34 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

he's only a danger to himself. Let him get on with it. I'd say anybody over the age of 75 is a far worse driver than him even when smacked off his ****
Old 04 July 2007, 12:38 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

After seeing him on Wossy i felt pity for him unfortunately i dont think he will make 40
Old 04 July 2007, 12:43 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Yeah, just give the idiot a good enough overdose to get rid of him for good.

Utter ****.

(IMHO )
Old 04 July 2007, 12:50 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Fact is most of the best music is made by people off their ****. the Beatles did their best work in a drug fuelled haze. the Stones would be nothing without a ready supply of narcotics. Oasis turned **** once Liam and Noel stopped on the coke and other stuff. I'd like to see more celebs downing the class A's. Saying that I'd like to see Robbie Williams OD and die in a pool of his own sh*t
Old 04 July 2007, 12:53 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by The Chief
After seeing him on Wossy i felt pity for him unfortunately i dont think he will make 40
Agreed. I always assumed he was some arrogant in your face musician similar to the Gallager (sp) brothers but he's actually just quite a quiet lad who can't leave the drugs alone.

No wonder he's had plenty of high profile GFs - all they want to do is take him home and mother him.
Old 04 July 2007, 12:59 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Did you see the seven ages of Rock on Beeb 2 on Sunday night? THat had a pretty good insight into Docherty. It's all about the music, the other stuff is all periphery.

Noel Gallagher came across as an arrogant, ecotistical *****, whereas Docherty came across as a modest, unassuming bloke whpo simply couldn't say no.

The Libertines played in front of 2000 at the Hammermith Apollo and the next day took an ad out in the paper and invited anyone that fancied it over to thier house for a bit of a live session
Old 04 July 2007, 01:01 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
the Beatles did their best work in a drug fuelled haze.
They claimed they didn't but then how on earth would a sober individual come up with lyrics like "Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel tower"
Old 04 July 2007, 01:02 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

What has modern society come to when pop/rock stars are taking drugs. Never would have happened in the 60/70/80/90s
Old 04 July 2007, 01:14 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

he's only a danger to himself. Let him get on with it. I'd say anybody over the age of 75 is a far worse driver than him even when smacked off his ****
I disagree.

Next time he's smacked-up and decides to go for a little drive, then plows into another car or hit's a pedestrian, then I'd argue that while he's taking drugs and driving, he's a danger to a lot of people.

Just a shame Kate wasn't caught speeding and Pete took her 3 points. We could have got rid of him for 3 months then.

I really do hope he either OD's or someone just kicks the living sh*t out of him. I'd like to watch too.
Old 04 July 2007, 01:15 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by stilover
I really do hope he either OD's or someone just kicks the living sh*t out of him. I'd like to watch too.
I would pay good money to watch!
Old 04 July 2007, 01:17 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
What has modern society come to when pop/rock stars are taking drugs. Never would have happened in the 60/70/80/90s
Quite. And it's also amusing to me that since the 'popular press' decided to single Doherty out, most people seem to hate his guts. Mind control at work.
Old 04 July 2007, 02:14 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
If driving offences means "utter contempt for the law" then half of this site would be locked up.

With regards to the drug use - It's his body, he was caught with a personal stash, not kilos of the stuff, hence he is not being convicted for intent to supply.

I'm not sure where you get the idea he has contempt for other people though.
Did you know that one of the well used ways to transport heroin across borders is to freshly kill a baby and then gut it so the body cavity can be filled with heroin. Then some poor sod can play pretend mother and carry a 'sleeping' baby through customs.

To think that having a personal stash is a 'victimless' or harmless crime is extremely naive. A personal stash has to travel a very long, criminal and exploitative supply chain to make it from the source to the bedroom.
Old 04 July 2007, 02:17 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Fact is most of the best music is made by people off their ****. the Beatles did their best work in a drug fuelled haze.
Yeah - they were sh*t as well!
Old 04 July 2007, 02:30 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rannoch
Did you know that one of the well used ways to transport heroin across borders is to freshly kill a baby and then gut it so the body cavity can be filled with heroin. Then some poor sod can play pretend mother and carry a 'sleeping' baby through customs.

To think that having a personal stash is a 'victimless' or harmless crime is extremely naive. A personal stash has to travel a very long, criminal and exploitative supply chain to make it from the source to the bedroom.
"Pete Docherty gutted my baby and stuffed it with smac"

Way to sensationalise

Just out of interest, where do they get these babies from? And they must need millions of them. Each baby must be capable of being stuffed with what - a kilo? perhaps 2? Are there flights out of Columbia with every seat taken by a mother and baby?

Laying the evils of the entire heroin trade at one persons door is as ridiculous as laying the Exxon fuel tanker disaster at the feet of one particular driver.
Old 04 July 2007, 02:34 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Some people liked them but I think they were off their **** also
Old 04 July 2007, 02:42 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
"Pete Docherty gutted my baby and stuffed it with smac"

Way to sensationalise

Just out of interest, where do they get these babies from? And they must need millions of them. Each baby must be capable of being stuffed with what - a kilo? perhaps 2? Are there flights out of Columbia with every seat taken by a mother and baby?

Laying the evils of the entire heroin trade at one persons door is as ridiculous as laying the Exxon fuel tanker disaster at the feet of one particular driver.
Further evidence of your ridiculous naivety.

Heroin comes from Afghanistan and Pakistan and neighbouring countries not Columbia.

Of course you are right to say you cannot lay the blame at one persons door, however when that one person has such a high profile and gets off with repeated criminal behaviour then your average potential smack user is unlikely to be dissuaded.
Old 04 July 2007, 03:00 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Further evidence of your ridiculous naivety.

Heroin comes from Afghanistan and Pakistan and neighbouring countries not Columbia.

Of course you are right to say you cannot lay the blame at one persons door, however when that one person has such a high profile and gets off with repeated criminal behaviour then your average potential smack user is unlikely to be dissuaded.
Man, I feel like such an idiot for thinking you could get Columbian Heroin. You better tell US Government that they have thier facts wrong. They are bound to have a far better rate of prosectution once they start looking in the right place.

Drugs and Human Performance FACT SHEETS - Morphine (and Heroin)

Low purity Mexican black tar heroin is most common on the West coast, while high purity Columbian heroin dominates in the East and most mid-western states.

More info here BBC News | AMERICAS | Colombian heroin ring smashed

Colombia is well known for its cocaine, of which it exports over 80% of the world total, but in recent years the drug traffickers have diversified into heroin, worth much more per kilo than cocaine.

So Colombia has quickly become the main supplier of both drugs to the US, producing a heroin of unsurpassed purity which need not be injected but can be smoked or snorted, removing much of the stigma associated with the drug.
Not that it matters where the Heroin comes from, it's just that if you are going to be a pedant, then at least be an accurate pedant .

In this day and age, possesion of a personal stash is not really going to land you in prison, and good thing too, what with the no cells and what have you.

Last edited by PeteBrant; 04 July 2007 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04 July 2007, 03:52 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

I've certainly never heard of babies being used, not saying it hasn't ever happened, but you only have to look at the borders involved and their sheer size is un-policeable, or in the control of people who assist the flow of drugs.
Old 04 July 2007, 03:53 PM
Slartibartfast
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Further evidence of your ridiculous naivety. If any were needed.
Old 04 July 2007, 03:54 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

"Oh.. its not his fault he's a druggy, he just can't say no.. boo-hoo "

So, as well as being a ****, he's has no backbone and as a supposed adult, can't deal with "peer pressure"?

Pathetic.
Old 04 July 2007, 04:18 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
It's ridiculous attitudes like that that are responsible for half the problems in this country. Rannoch was just using the 'baby' as an example of the sorts of things that go on, just so that you can have your 'personal' stash. PeteBrainDead caught with a 'personal stash' and fined/let off/wotever will have almost no influence on the rest of the country. However, Mr 'F&ckwit' Doherty can and does have a large influence on those of a more 'impressionable' nature. He obviously has on you .....

Dave
What are you saying here? That if Doherty were to be arrested and stuck in prison, then all the heroin addidcts in the UK will suddenly stop? Or just that there will be no new Heroin addcits ever again?

Now that's ridiculous.

Quick Reply: Doherty released again!