Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

A story for you involving a Lamborghini Gallardo..

Search this Thread

Old 04 July 2007, 10:42 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A story for you involving a Lamborghini Gallardo..

The boss of a mate of mine has a very pretty, bright yellow Gallardo. Several weeks ago it was parked in the centre of the town minding its own business, the hours past, and for some reason, the owner decided it would be a good idea to leave it there during the evening.

Now, typical town, idiot lads who really can't handle more than two shandies running around thinking they're clever. Group of such lads see Gallardo, and, in their shandy induced state consider that the Gallardo looks like a ramp and that it would be a good idea to run over it.

Now here is the good bit - one of the group thought it would be a good idea to video his mate running over the car, who promptly sent it to his little circle of friends - unfortunatly for him, my mate got sent the video, who immediately sent it to his boss, who took it straight to the police!

The Gallardo still has two pretty nasty dints in the roof that I saw at the weekend.

The individual concerned has now been given a court date after being charged with criminal damage; using evidence that his own muppet mate took on his phone.

So, in light of some of the stories that have appeared on here lately, I thought I'd give one with a "happy" ending, and that sometimes, these ***** do get caught.
Old 04 July 2007, 10:46 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Old 04 July 2007, 10:54 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Top Story.!!!
Old 04 July 2007, 11:36 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Yeah, he may have got caught, but something tells me that the ob in question won't be paying for the damage he did. Courts will no doubt just let him off with some stupid penalty
Old 04 July 2007, 11:59 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

£100 fine, slap on the wrists no doubt. Lambo probably £10k to fix - something doesn't stack up! A better story would be that the owner didn't call the police but instead used his ample wealth to have the chav, his family and their families burned out their houses.
Old 05 July 2007, 06:49 AM
Ian_S
Scooby Regular

make sure your mate has a compensation recovery form in with the police, so that the repair costs can be claimed back, otherwise the chav will just get a £20 fine.
Old 05 July 2007, 06:57 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
£100 fine, slap on the wrists no doubt. Lambo probably £10k to fix - something doesn't stack up! A better story would be that the owner didn't call the police but instead used his ample wealth to have the chav, his family and their families burned out their houses.
Now that would have been a happy ending IMHO
Old 05 July 2007, 08:25 AM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

Couldn't agree more Paul
Old 05 July 2007, 09:48 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

A guy i insure returned to his car to find 2 policemen and a 13 year old lad next to it.

Turns out the kid got drunk and thought it'd be a good idea to jump on the roof of the car, causing a lot of damage.

The police caught him doing it and took him to the station.

What do you think happened to him.......?

They said that because he was drunk he didn't know what he was doing, so they let him go without any charge.

They guy who owns the Supra now has to either claim on his policy or pay himself to have it fixed, as a solicitor advised him if he takes the kid to court he'll probably get £1 per week untill the costs are paid back.
Old 05 July 2007, 09:53 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

They said that because he was drunk he didn't know what he was doing, so they let him go without any charge.
So that's a valid excuse now? Oh well then I'm off to rape, murder and pillage at the weekend and will make sure I'm out the game the whole time.
Old 05 July 2007, 10:04 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
They guy who owns the Supra now has to either claim on his policy or pay himself to have it fixed, as a solicitor advised him if he takes the kid to court he'll probably get £1 per week untill the costs are paid back.
Isn't it up to the insurance company to take the kid to court?
Old 05 July 2007, 10:08 AM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

Why do people feel the need to do this? Can't they just walk by the car without having to damage it?

My car was walked over one night in Guildford and it did a hell of a lot of damage - new re-sprayed bonnet, and roof re-spray etc.

It is just mindless, and how long does their 'pleasure' last in comparison to the hassle, time and money it takes to get it fixed?

It is a shame, but I fear nothing much will happen to the guy you mentioned in the first post. Probably just a fine, then down to the Lambo guy to claim on his insurance? But why? Why should he have to claim? Why can't they force him to pay for the repair in full? If he owns anything, it should all be sold to pay for the damage.

When I retruned to my car to see the damage, I'd just wished that the guy had slipped off the rain covered roof and broken his neck - I would have been more than happy to claim on my insurance in that case!
Old 05 July 2007, 10:41 AM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

I believe in 'an eye for an eye'. If someone walked over my car I would be wanting my car to walk back over them!
Old 05 July 2007, 11:28 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

So that's a valid excuse now? Oh well then I'm off to rape, murder and pillage at the weekend and will make sure I'm out the game the whole time.
Not a valid excuse is it, he chose to get drunk, he chose to damage the car - therefore he should be punished for it.

Long story short;
Saw exactly the same thing, even prepared to be a witness, because the tosspot was off his face he fot away with a caution afert kicking in the side of a VW Polo, terrorising passers by and having a go at the Police.

CPS let him off, the offices involved where disgusted.

No wonder this goes on and will keep going on, the CPS just do not take this seriously!
Old 05 July 2007, 11:32 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Can video evidence from a phone be used in court? I guess the lad admitted it when faced with the 'evidence'
Old 05 July 2007, 11:54 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Like I said, lets have some real punishment, like the birch-in public!

Les
Old 05 July 2007, 12:41 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Originally Posted by TopBanana
Isn't it up to the insurance company to take the kid to court?
Yes, if he goes through his insurance.

Problem is that his NCB will be reduced untill the insurance company get their money back from the kid
Old 05 July 2007, 12:42 PM
Moley
Sponsor

That is pretty much exactly what he said to the police.....and was told ''that's not the additude to have''
Old 05 July 2007, 05:16 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Can video evidence from a phone be used in court? I guess the lad admitted it when faced with the 'evidence'
There are CCTV cameras around the town but no idea how much they saw - this phone video on the other had as a full on shot of his face immediately before running over the car. Personally can't see why its not admissable evidence.

I'd like to think that he'd get major fine, pay for damage and a short suspended sentence (if its his first offence and he's not done something like it before) - but I doubt that will happen.
Old 05 July 2007, 05:25 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Like I said, lets have some real punishment, like the birch-in public!

Les
Hear, hear!

Chip
Old 05 July 2007, 07:35 PM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

100 whips!