Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone used Moneyclaim (HMCS) to recover bank charges?

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2007, 10:40 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone used Moneyclaim (HMCS) to recover bank charges?

LLoyds TSB have so far ignore our letter beofre court action so we plan to take them to court.

Has anyone used the court services Moneyclaim (online) yet and how was it???

BTW, needed LLoyds TBS' head offices address for the paperwork.
First attempt - called and asked for it, was asked why and the phone put down on me!

Second attempt - cagey bloke said that he could not give it out but could give me the address of the customer services centre so i could write to them to request it - refused to give a phone number!

Third attempt - called LLoyds TSB Group and asked for it and got it!
Old 05 July 2007, 10:53 AM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

It is exactly the same as the normal small claims(if less than £5k)/taking someone to the county court.Just an online service to avoid you popping in to your local county court.

If they defend any proceedings you issue,it will take exactly the same format as the normal procedure.You will end up with a final hearing (after the exchanges of documents and statements) at court where you and the banks represntatives will have to argue before the Judge

If they ignore the summons though,you can get a judgment in default
Old 05 July 2007, 11:35 AM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

I've used Moneyclaim online before. Wasn't to recover bank charges though (car dealer was trying to keep the "fully refundable" deposit).
Old 05 July 2007, 12:29 PM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Doing it at the moment with Barclays. They had the 7 days to respond - on the final day (morning of) no response so I was hopeful BUT then they responded that afternoon and now have 28 days to file a response. I'm claiming £1500 or so and Moneyclaim cost me £120 but worth it for the hassle. Just waiting for the 28 days to go through at the moment...

Last edited by mightyyid; 05 July 2007 at 12:32 PM.
Old 05 July 2007, 12:52 PM
gooner 1
Scooby Regular

I'm going through this at the moment with Barclays. I wrote to them in March! They wrote back initially saying that my time period of 14 days was not acceptable and that they needed more time to "investigate". They then wrote back saying that they still hadn't finalised their investigation to my "complaint" and that I would hear from them certainly no later than 13th July
I called them yesterday - just to see if I could hurry this up - and was told that as they are regulated by the FSA - they HAVE to respond within certain time windows - as the FSA rules and regs state. I am kinda familiar with the FSA rules and regs as I did work in finance for a while. I understand that if a company does not respond to things within stated times then they can find themselves in "breach" which will cost them quite a bit of cash! the FSA are very helpful with this type of thing
So I'm waiting for my response and offer letter which will - (i'm assured) be here by 13th July.................. so we wait!!!!!
and wait.............
Old 06 July 2007, 11:40 PM
PeteT
Scooby Regular

I complained about credit card charges to the Financial Ombudsman Service here . Filled in a form and got a reply back very quickly from Halifax offering me a full refund.
And it didn't cost me a penny!