Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Autographed photos

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2007, 02:40 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Autographed photos

I'm looking to buy some autographed photographs.

There are loads out there along with loads of fakes. Question is how can you tell the real from the fakes. I guess a COA goes a little way to help, but I've seen lots of photos for sale on Ebay and other places where the signitures of a certain celebrity are all different, even if they come with a COA?
Old 05 July 2007, 04:57 PM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I collect Bond autographs and eBay is one of the worst places to buy unfortunately, unless you know the seller (or indeed know what you're looking for). Unfortunately, in most cases, a COA is not worth the paper it's written on!

Signatures can be different for any number of reasons, for instance, you get a neat signature if the star is sitting down as opposed to a scribble if they're on the way into a premiere. You sign your signature 100 times on a piece of paper and the 40th onwards start to look quite different!

In addition, a ball-point pen gives a different impression to a Sharpie so certain characteristics may be different.

What sort of autographs are you after? I might be able to recommend a few dealers/collectors.
Old 05 July 2007, 06:38 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I figured Ebay would be bad, but it's also easy - as I can't be bothered going round shop or doing a lot of research!

I'm looking for a few footballers, glamour models , maybe film stars. Lucy Pinder, Michell Marsh, Lance Armstrong to name a few. I'll put them on the wall in my new house when I move.

Looking at celebautos1 on ebay at the moment as a supplier, they have lots of good feedback, but does that mean much?

Any help appreciated.
Old 05 July 2007, 07:34 PM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

I collect Michael Schumacher stuff and agree with avoid eBay - too many crooks on there.
Old 05 July 2007, 07:34 PM
swiftnick
Scooby Regular

Hi Mate have a look on here Bid4Sport - Home page they usually have the sort of autographs you are looking for.

Nick
Old 05 July 2007, 08:10 PM
Freelance Badger
Scooby Regular

A well dodgy business...I once worked for a company who managed several sports starts and spent one afternoon signing postcard/givaway photos for a F1 driver to hand out at a Grand Prix - ( he was too busy!) by the end of the day my signature was better than his!!!!