Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Chickens coming home to roost....WE !!Told you so!!

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2007, 01:19 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chickens coming home to roost....WE !!Told you so!!

Norfolk riot highlights yob behaviour - news.uk.msn.com

reaping what they sow at our expense...

funny how the instigator of these problems is now no longer accountable:grr:

Mart
Old 20 August 2007, 01:28 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't worry, his day of reckoning will come.
Old 20 August 2007, 02:02 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

The DJ who had his equipment confiscated?
Old 20 August 2007, 02:03 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Him too
Old 20 August 2007, 03:39 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Saw this on the news, and the police just stood there and did nothing whilst the yobs bombarded them with missiles and vandalised police property (taxpayer picks up the bill)

Bring back tear gas,plastic bullets and a good old beating with a baton ffs How mouthy would these gangs of yobs be if they knew they were going to get a faceful of tear gas and a good old fashion beating.
All the knives in the world would not do any good to these ferral youths if they were lying on the foor gasping for air being softened up with a police baton.

imo 2 convictions before you are 18 and you should be conscripted into the army.
Old 20 August 2007, 04:17 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
imo 2 convictions before you are 18 and you should be conscripted into the army.
Naaaaaaaaaa, 2 convictions and you should be conscripted into the army, unless you're about 80 - PSL you'll be okay then I guess.
Old 20 August 2007, 04:48 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Oi, the army doesn't want these reprobates!

Send them to a Siberian labour camp or send them out to Iraq/Afghanistan as booby trap location engineers (they only have to find one, should be easy).

Trending Topics

Old 20 August 2007, 05:04 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RussBoy
The DJ who had his equipment confiscated?
They were trying to shut down an outdoor party.
Quite honestly, a little bit of give and take would have prevented this.
Instead of "you're nicked sunshine" leaving a couple hundred people with nothing to do, they could have gone for "You can go on till 10am and do a litterpick before you go" THEN nicked them if they really felt the need.

They would have got their collar and the ravers would have had their party.

The real reason this happened was due to an excess of cockwaving on the side of the arresting officers.
astraboy.
Old 20 August 2007, 06:04 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Yet another insightful post from the man that thinks that BMW is the biggest volume manufacturer and that iPhones do not have a SIM card

For reference I think if you do your homework you might find that there were more 'riot's of all kinds under the Tory leadership than there has been under the last ten years of Blair.

I blame Thatcher personally for creating the world we live in today.
Old 20 August 2007, 06:46 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rannoch
Yet another insightful post from the man that thinks that BMW is the biggest volume manufacturer and that iPhones do not have a SIM card

For reference I think if you do your homework you might find that there were more 'riot's of all kinds under the Tory leadership than there has been under the last ten years of Blair.
is that directed at me?
astraboy.
Old 20 August 2007, 06:49 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

How many more years of Labour inaction & mismanagement will it take then, 10 years on and...
Old 20 August 2007, 06:51 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by astraboy
is that directed at me?
astraboy.
I doubt it, there was a post on this thread by mart stating that iPhones did not have sim cards, which of course is tosh, they do.
Old 20 August 2007, 07:14 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by astraboy
They were trying to shut down an outdoor party.
Quite honestly, a little bit of give and take would have prevented this.
Instead of "you're nicked sunshine" leaving a couple hundred people with nothing to do, they could have gone for "You can go on till 10am and do a litterpick before you go" THEN nicked them if they really felt the need.

They would have got their collar and the ravers would have had their party.

The real reason this happened was due to an excess of cockwaving on the side of the arresting officers.
astraboy.
I think you hit the nail on the head there. Just how many cars did the police impound while they were sorting the DJ out. No wonder there were tons of really p*ssed off ppl.

The coppers are trying it around here now. I forget the stupid section its under, its the one where they do not have to prove a thing. They are impounding the cars of people who rev their engines, play loud music or have a loud exhaust. All of which is at the coppers discretion, and no right of appeal. £180 to collect your car the next day, totally stupid and rife for abuse.
Old 20 August 2007, 07:54 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Dudes, I can only assume you are early/mid 20 somethings? This happened big time back in 88/89 (my day) with the new summer of love when there were well organised illegal raves by likes of Dance FM, LWR etc? In other words, it comes around every few years. The babylon get feisty, a few arrests are made and sound equipment confiscated. Point is, in the olden days, you tended to walk away from it pi$$ed off, not cause a feckin riot with the rozzers, irrespective if they toed the line with confiscations....

Kids today

Russ

P.S Yobs in Norfolk need to get out more/breed with other counties anyway.
Old 20 August 2007, 07:56 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Personally, I agree with you but as stated on other threads I'm not a NL lover but am a realist as to what f***ed the UK....
Old 20 August 2007, 08:12 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Personally, I agree with you but as stated on other threads I'm not a NL lover but am a realist as to what f***ed the UK....
Maybe some of NL's ASBO's are the answer then

a series of Home Secteraries have failed to do anything about the problem which IMHO is now worse that it ever was.
Old 20 August 2007, 08:16 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Whilst not condoning the actions of these people atrtacking the police station, the police can hardly be surprised with the reaction to their sledgehammer to crack a nut tactics. 44 cars were seized FFS. Nice little earner for them. Maybe Norfolk need some more speed cameras.
Old 20 August 2007, 08:26 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Maybe some of NL's ASBO's are the answer then

a series of Home Secteraries have failed to do anything about the problem which IMHO is now worse that it ever was.
I totally agree and I'm not even saying NL Home secretaries are any better as they probably aren't in all honesty, but having lived through the 70's and 80's and 90's can only personally say I feel that lot's of the problems of 2007 were conceived during the 80's...literally. NL are no better from a social aspect but the UK changed detrimentally in the 80's, IMHO.

Problem now, is that it'll take 20 years to sort the mess unless there is an elected extreme left or right wing government. As is, both main parties are too weak and coward to tackle problems head on because issues needing addressing will inevitably **** some people off for the benefit of the majority....Like I say, I'm not labour or Tory but do think it's naive to think today's problems are soley just the fault of Tony and his Cronies...

R
Old 20 August 2007, 08:27 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I totally agree and I'm not even saying NL Home secretaries are any better as they probably aren't in all honesty, but having lived through the 70's and 80's and 90's can only personally say I feel that lot's of the problems of 2007 were conceived during the 80's...literally. NL are no better from a social aspect but the UK changed detrimentally in the 80's, IMHO.

Problem now, is that it'll take 20 years to sort the mess unless there is an elected extreme left or right wing government. As is, both main parties are too weak and coward to tackle problems head on because issues needing addressing will inevitably **** some people off for the benefit of the majority....Like I say, I'm not labour or Tory but do think it's naive to think today's problems are soley just the fault of Tony and his Cronies...

R
Agreed mate, sadly i feel you are right
Old 20 August 2007, 08:33 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Should have been more cars impounded. Every year or so these kind of arseholes try to have a rave in a field of my sisters they gave up cutting the chain this year and chainsawed through the gate posts instead and let the horses out the low life pikies. They have never suceeded with the rave yet but next time they try it I won't bother letting the police sort it out and the Land rover will be driving straight throught the
sound system. That will teach the drugged up little hooligans.
Old 20 August 2007, 08:36 PM
swampster
Scooby Regular

R
Totally agree 100%
Old 20 August 2007, 09:03 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Illegal ravers cleaning up after themselves Wish the illegal drugged up ******* would do that around here. Just leave broken bottles cans, and excrement everywhere
Old 20 August 2007, 09:45 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
I doubt it, there was a post on this thread by mart stating that iPhones did not have sim cards, which of course is tosh, they do.
So its have a pop at mart day is it ???

Re the Iphone thread, i posted info that A MSN review of the phone stated it had no sim card... not having seen one in the flesh so to speak (as i guess most of you lot hadnt either at the time) it was wrong and i dont mind admitting it...

Re BMW being the volume manufacturer,, so all the press statements and industry awards that we recieve are all bunkum?? and the 4 billion EU pretax profit we made last year didnt happen...

Mart
Old 20 August 2007, 09:51 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

But at least thatcher had the ***** and backup to do things.. OK with the poll tax they got it wrong, even i admit to that one..

whats teflon done .... oh hang on, rolled over, stuck two fingers up at the populous and sold us down the river...

btw? how is Thatcher responsible for al quieda, global warming? etc

Mart
Old 20 August 2007, 11:21 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360
So its have a pop at mart day is it ???

Re BMW being the volume manufacturer,, so all the press statements and industry awards that we recieve are all bunkum?? and the 4 billion EU pretax profit we made last year didnt happen...

Mart
You clearly stated that you had 'information' that proved that BMW were the leaders in ALL the volume sectors whereas the SMMT's own data suggests they only led in one (3 series) of the ten main sectors and were invisible in all the others.

I think I was merely hinting that you should think before you regurgitate yet another piece of yesterday's news.

I am with Russ boy, I am not an NL supporter however the blind remarks about whose fault it is do get a little wearisome after a while.
Old 21 August 2007, 07:21 AM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Rioting in cities in summer (yes, I know...) is a long and honourable custom in England. Anyone with a knowledge of history would know that it has been going on for hundreds of years. Drunken violence is another English pastime, just as old - foreign visitors were complaining about it in at least the twelfth century. So stop trying to claim this is something new. This is just standard English culture, like stealing anything not nailed down.

M
Old 21 August 2007, 08:45 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by _Meridian_
Rioting in cities in summer (yes, I know...) is a long and honourable custom in England. Anyone with a knowledge of history would know that it has been going on for hundreds of years. Drunken violence is another English pastime, just as old - foreign visitors were complaining about it in at least the twelfth century. So stop trying to claim this is something new. This is just standard English culture, like stealing anything not nailed down.

M
Long time ago marriage at 12 was OK, as was sticking kids up chimneys to clean them (the chimneys that is, not the boys) children used to work in down pits. Wh had sports such as Badger baiting, **** fighting, dog fighting, fox huntinmg (as recent as 4 years ago) etc. All part of English culture but not OK today

These deemed socially unnacceptable as we get more 'civilised' so why is this OK or just part of our cultrure so it is OK then?

Protesting - no problem - rioting - not on, no way!
Old 21 August 2007, 12:17 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

What was behind the riots that you mention. Was it gangs of feral youths with murderous intent as we have now?

You seem to spend your life in denial, just like our leaders!

Les
Old 21 August 2007, 12:53 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

R
One of the best posts on here for a long time and absolutely 100% right.

To the 'It's al NL's fault' brigade on here wake up and smell the coffee, NL aren't the sole cause of the UK's problems, it is far more deep rooted than that. If you really think that simply voting someone else in is the answer then it is because you are either too scared or too stupid to face facts.

Quick Reply: Chickens coming home to roost....WE !!Told you so!!