Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Eastern European immigrant cars

Search this Thread

Old 17 September 2007, 08:18 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Question Eastern European immigrant cars

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the borders went down, and the flood of eastern Europeans, (you know, the flood Lying Labour told us wouldn't happen), began, we were told that they were coming here because they could earn so much more than they could in their own countries.

So.........would anyone care to explain why it is that virtually every Esatern european car I see is either a Merc, or a Beemer, and not base models either?

And no way have they been bought SINCE the immigrant arrived, as they are LHD and foreign registered.

Alcazar
Old 18 September 2007, 08:26 AM
Henrik
Scooby Regular

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

I bet that in virtually every country you will find a bunch of rich people who have way more money than the rest of the populous. Just because someone is Polish doesn't mean they grew up on a farm with donkeys used for ploughing the fields and had chickens in the back garden

Since the borders are open, it's only natural that the rich people will want to do business over here as well, the same way we have business people traveling to Poland.

As for why you only see new cars, I think it's a case of:

A) Most people who come here are young so probably don't have a car anyway.
B) The people who do have a car (reliable, comfortable etc enough) to bring across will probably be rich, so will have a nicer car, if you see what I mean.

The effect of the above would suggest that you'd only see the flashy cars because the crap is left at home.
Old 18 September 2007, 08:39 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont know how they get away with driving there cars over here.We have had some over here since 2005 yet they still have their cars displaying a Polish tax disc. If they want to use our roads they should register their car in the UK and get ripped off like the rest of us.
Old 18 September 2007, 08:48 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do they have to have an MOT. What insurance do they use and as said what about road tax?
Old 18 September 2007, 08:54 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

I don't know where you lot live but alot of them round here have right chav'd up chariots which are only fit for the scrap yard. I hope someone is checking these cars as well as all the other sheds on the road... But of course the police are too busy filling out forms, aren't they?

When we went to Switzerland this summer, they stop every foreign registered car and before they can cross into their country, they have to buy a tax disc - £20 or 30 Euros. Sounds like a blooming good idea, but of course, Switzerland isn't part of the EU, so they can do what they bloody well like!
Old 18 September 2007, 09:09 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
I don't know where you lot live but alot of them round here have right chav'd up chariots which are only fit for the scrap yard. I hope someone is checking these cars as well as all the other sheds on the road... But of course the police are too busy filling out forms, aren't they?

When we went to Switzerland this summer, they stop every foreign registered car and before they can cross into their country, they have to buy a tax disc - £20 or 30 Euros. Sounds like a blooming good idea, but of course, Switzerland isn't part of the EU, so they can do what they bloody well like!
Our local car auctions looks like a fonz convention with all the slicked back hairstyles and fake leather jackets.
If the police were serious about catching un taxed un mot'd cars they would park outside. 90% of the cheap bangers are driven straight out without tax or mot.
Old 18 September 2007, 09:13 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
Do they have to have an MOT. What insurance do they use and as said what about road tax?
They can run them in the UK for a max of 6 months before having to register them. Thing is they just need to pop over to France every 6 months to get the whole cycle restarted again

Trending Topics

Old 18 September 2007, 09:15 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
And no way have they been bought SINCE the immigrant arrived, as they are LHD and foreign registered.
Is it illegal for an immigrant to visit home and buy a car, then?
Old 18 September 2007, 09:20 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

This of course also applies to Spain, except its Brits with out of date tax discs and insurance that are everywhere.
Old 18 September 2007, 10:50 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I drive a German plated LHD car and my insurance company gave me a green card valid for 2 years, and when it runs out they send me another one, it is only teh stupid gready British inurance companies that won't insure a car for more than 90 days a year out of the country!! I can drive my car in England on German plates for 2 years at a time, road tax is paid automatically once a year, Insurance can not be cancelled without deregistering the car or on one specific day of the year. Number plates can not be faked as they have official stickers and stamps on them that can only be issued by the council office of the county you live in.
Old 18 September 2007, 11:20 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Wurzel
I drive a German plated LHD car and my insurance company gave me a green card valid for 2 years, and when it runs out they send me another one, it is only teh stupid gready British inurance companies that won't insure a car for more than 90 days a year out of the country!! I can drive my car in England on German plates for 2 years at a time, road tax is paid automatically once a year, Insurance can not be cancelled without deregistering the car or on one specific day of the year. Number plates can not be faked as they have official stickers and stamps on them that can only be issued by the council office of the county you live in.
..and you get great apple strudel and vanilla sauce in Germany - win win situation !
Old 18 September 2007, 11:35 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JackClark
This of course also applies to Spain, except its Brits with out of date tax discs and insurance that are everywhere.
Yup that really p***es me off. One thing I hate about immigrants is their failure comply with the system and laws in their new host country. Most use ignorance as their excuse, perhaps deporting them would sober themselves up a bit (By that I include British expats )

The locals are good though...if a British car is seen broken down and isn't taxed (which is quite often as they never get maintained ) It's usually there for about 24hours before somone takes a baseball bat to it to make sure it doesn't go back on the road again
Old 18 September 2007, 12:05 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

I know a few of them, no tax, not MOT and definitely no insurance. No speed camera fines either .................... and its not just short term use. The bill leave them well alone because of the paperwork nightmare.
Old 18 September 2007, 12:20 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I remember once I was heading down to Poole in ym scooby with German plates and was not hooning but was going faster than the posted 40mph as I was not 100% sure of the KM-MPH conversion, any way there was an unmarked cop car and some bikes etc with a few cops standing around, one of the cops just waved at me to slow down rather than try and stop me, now I am not sure if thsi was because he thought I was German and didn't want the language hassles or whether I was not going fast enough to worry about. Either way the cop showed common sense rather than going in heavy handed.

I just smiled waved back and carried on. To this day I have never been stopped in Britain in my foreign car.

When I was in the army and had my Cypriot plated car I used to go out of my way to park illegally and stuff, one time I even started talking to the traffic warden as he was writing the ticket and saying what a stupid place to park and so on, he finally turned round and said is this your car then? I said yep, he said bit pointless giving you a ticket really but I have to. He said you are not going to pay it are you? so naturally I said nope and drove off

Last edited by Wurzel; 18 September 2007 at 12:23 PM.
Old 18 September 2007, 01:06 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by Wurzel
When I was in the army and had my Cypriot plated car I used to go out of my way to park illegally and stuff, one time I even started talking to the traffic warden as he was writing the ticket and saying what a stupid place to park and so on, he finally turned round and said is this your car then? I said yep, he said bit pointless giving you a ticket really but I have to. He said you are not going to pay it are you? so naturally I said nope and drove off
Feckin immigrant
Old 18 September 2007, 01:15 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

They took err fecking jobs,took our women now they are taking our fecking roads
Old 18 September 2007, 05:11 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

As in all other cases, this sorry lot of wassocKs in authority will do everything to make life easy for anybody except the indiginous Brits who this country actually belongs to.

Its yet another demonstration that they do not give a stuff for the electorate and what happens to us!

Les