Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

New Driver Fined and points

Search this Thread

Old 21 September 2007, 08:57 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New Driver Fined and points

My g/f's sister just passed her test and has been buzzing around in her little car without a care in the world.

Last night she parked up now this is where it gets difficult..

She says she parked in a bay

Community office says on zig zags.

Now her story and I'm not really bothered either way as we dont get on..

She said she reversed to pull out and got stopped by a passing plastic copper and given a fine and points. However she also said she should have driven off when she saw her coming.. which to me makes me think she was parked in the wrong place,

Now she wants to fight this as she said the Bobby ignored a women parked clearly on the zig zags to get to her and she only had her back wheel on them as she was waiting to pull out....

hmmmm... advice?
Old 21 September 2007, 09:39 AM
richardg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hindsight is of course a wonderful thing, but camera phones are very useful at times
although you would also assume that there may have been cctv covering the area, it's probably highly unlikely you could get hold of a copy
Old 21 September 2007, 12:30 PM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

i thought you couldn't receive a parking fine if you're in the car with the engine running - ie waiting to pull out?
Old 21 September 2007, 12:36 PM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

Sounds like she's fibbing to me and has added arms and legs on to dramatize her story.

There's no way she would have been done for reversing onto zig zags

Last edited by Mitchy260; 21 September 2007 at 12:38 PM.
Old 21 September 2007, 12:47 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

My advice?

I reckon you only started this thread to appease your GF, because her sister is milking a drama queen induced scenario and making this ticket the centre of her life - impacting your GF in the process, prompting the question "is there anything you can do"

"I'll look into it dear, I'll ask the masses on the scooby oracle and get back to you" - but actually you really don't give a toss about the outcome, you know the whole issue will blow over by the weekend, by which time the new focus of her sisters life will be her mate Chantelle who had her stomach pumped on Friday night outside Liquid.

Finally daddy will pay the fine and she'll dine on the points using it to gain cool quedos at parties, constantly flashing her license to prove it - but claiming she was just showing everyone her crap photo...

Am I close? do I win a prize?

P.s tell her if she wants to appeal, get on with it, how to do it is all explained on the back of the ticket
Old 21 September 2007, 02:57 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Are plastic policemen empowered to issue fines?

Les
Old 21 September 2007, 06:00 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay m A
My advice?

I reckon you only started this thread to appease your GF, because her sister is milking a drama queen induced scenario and making this ticket the centre of her life - impacting your GF in the process, prompting the question "is there anything you can do"

"I'll look into it dear, I'll ask the masses on the scooby oracle and get back to you" - but actually you really don't give a toss about the outcome, you know the whole issue will blow over by the weekend, by which time the new focus of her sisters life will be her mate Chantelle who had her stomach pumped on Friday night outside Liquid.

Finally daddy will pay the fine and she'll dine on the points using it to gain cool quedos at parties, constantly flashing her license to prove it - but claiming she was just showing everyone her crap photo...

Am I close? do I win a prize?

P.s tell her if she wants to appeal, get on with it, how to do it is all explained on the back of the ticket
Kinda...

I dont give a toss your right there. I do care if the copper was being a ****.

My g/f doesnt know about this forum, she just knows I post on forums generally, but doesnt know I posted asking about this. I did it to try and gain create for my Internet use... SEE I TOLD YOU FORUMS ARE USEFUL !

Her Dad left when they were very little and has never been in touch, something about not being able to handle kids.

Shes convinced the 3 points will actually cost her the license being as its so new.. I thought 6 but I'm not gonna argue as I dont care.
Old 21 September 2007, 06:18 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Yes PSCO's can issue FPN's for a variety of offences, force dependant, and training dependant.

As for the "what about them" attitude. Can only nick one person at a time, hard old life, but I guess the other one is "the one that got away"

Lesson, dont park on zig zags then make up porkies to get sympathy lol.

Sorry mate, dont mean to shoot the messenger....

It is 6 points for a ban for a new driver, but if she dont learn her lessons, it will soon add up to 6. Or maybe she is expecting an SP30 any day now too.
Old 04 October 2007, 06:18 AM
Will Hendrix
Scooby Regular

She could get points for a simple parking offense? That sounds quite absurd to me.
Old 04 October 2007, 07:31 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

According to another thread, women can't reverse so she must be lying!
Old 04 October 2007, 08:24 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Mate of mine who is human was waiting on zig zags in my village when the police pulled up, got out, told him off and issued him with a police ticket. he got 3 penalty points and the £40 fine that back in those days went with it...

It is an endorsable offence and points are part of the deal...

She'll not do it again...
Old 04 October 2007, 08:39 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Pretty sure its 6 points for newly passed drivers before they have to resit the test - so unless she already has 3 for doing something else she should be OK.

But being so recently passed, she should know zig zags are there for a reason, and you cant stop on them in any circumstances - you also shouldnt really reverse onto them ( if this was the case ! )
Old 04 October 2007, 08:41 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by Leslie
Are plastic policemen empowered to issue fines?

Les

That's what I would like to know