Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Sky One - Paint runner advert

Search this Thread

Old 25 October 2007, 01:05 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sky One - Paint runner advert

£35 for a paint roller - fooking BARGAIN...

Sigh......

The quality of TV Programs on Sky is appalling at this time of night
The advertising is just perfectly matched.

Please - can anyone help me - where are the old Twickenham studio films?

Bit of Terry Thomas perhaps or even some Laurel and Hardy - WHERE IS IT ????

On the plus side - If it doesn't improve I'm going to be saving £60 a month when I cancel.
Old 25 October 2007, 09:02 AM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Luckily I don't have sky
Old 25 October 2007, 09:13 AM
Airwolf69
Scooby Regular

Twickenham Film Studios was built on the site of a converted ice-skating rink at St Margaret's, East Twickenham, Middlesex. From the new studios, Dr. Ralph Jupp founded the London Film Company in 1913. With guaranteed capital of £40,000 and an eye on the overseas market, Twickenham’s advertising manager was dispatched to America to engage experienced producers and directors, whilst Jupp acquired the services of actor John East as a casting manager, and through him, hired Percy Nash, an experienced producer.

As adaptations were very much in favour at the time, Harold Shaw was given the job of mounting the studios first feature - a full-scale production of The House Of Temperley (1913) based on Arthur Conan Doyle's novel Rodney Stone. The film was a great success. Aware of the stiff competition from more established production companies, the London Film Company decided to put the emphasis on stylish productions. They produced a steady flow of films in their first year including Bachelor's Love Story (1914) and Branscombe's Pal (1914).

In 1914, Jupp lost the services of John East and Percy Nash, who decided to open their own Neptune Studios at Elstree. With the war in progress and American films flooding the home market, Twickenham experienced heavy losses despite a number of excellent productions from the Americans Harold M. Shaw and George Loane Tucker, as well as from British producers such as Maurice Elvey. Despite a small up-turn in profits problems continued to mount, and Jupp's failing health resulted in the management of Twickenham being handed over to his cousin E E. Adams. During the war years, the Ideal Company leased the studio's one stage for a period of time with producers Fred Paul and Maurice Elvey making films such as Dombey And Son (1917), Her Greatest Performance (1917) and Masks And Faces (1918), made to raise funds for the building of The Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
Old 25 October 2007, 09:17 AM
Airwolf69
Scooby Regular

In 1912 Dr Ralph established a film company at St Margaret’s, housed in a former ice-skating rink. In 1927 Julius Hagen leased the studios, re-equipped them for sound and renamed them the Twickenham Film studios. The studios had their peak in the 1960 with productions such as A Hard Days Night and Let it Be, which starred The Beatles.

How bored I am at work today
Old 25 October 2007, 11:23 AM
Tart Man
Scooby Regular

Location: Custard, Strawberry, Apple, Blonde, Brunette...its all good!

My missus bought a paint runner/roller thingy

Have to say it works quite well

....if it wearn't for the stitched seam leaving an unpainted line every 1ft, a bugger to thin the paint correctly so it clog sup or paint runs out everywhere, a pain to fill up without making a mess. And takes forever to flush and clean the thing out - unlike the brief few mins under the tap that claims.

Anyhoo, can anyone tell me where I can obtain a small nuclear bomb, so that I can nuke the sets of Eastenders, Coronation street and Holby city for good measure.

Think I may destroy Sky's satellite uplink stations while I'm at it - will serve them right for their corperate brainwashing and extortion via market domination. Not to mention the Sky news studios for conveying their trash as impartial.