Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Sealy or tempur foam matress ??

Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2007, 07:55 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sealy or tempur foam matress ??

Seriously considering spending a bit more than I usually bother too on a decent matress, fancy going for one off the memory foam " sealy or tempur " ones, anyone got any comments to make between the two brands ??

some great prices on ebay anyone recommend a particular seller off such matreses ??
Old 02 November 2007, 07:59 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

We bought a Tempur one in the end and my wife likes it -- they are quite good if you go direct in that they will give you a free trial to see how you get on and then you can negotiate on price.

Steve
Old 02 November 2007, 08:40 PM
RichardS2005
Scooby Regular

I've got a memory foam one not Tempur but good quality (one of those with a royal crest on it) and its great. In fact its so great that I almost (almost) hate going on holiday now.....
Old 02 November 2007, 09:58 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...s-pillows.html
https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...ss-topper.html
Old 03 November 2007, 12:09 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Dont be sealy...!

Dunloppillo
Old 03 November 2007, 12:23 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

We got a Tempur clone from ebay and it's been great
Old 03 November 2007, 12:24 AM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Jeez I can't believe how soft some people are that they need memory foam mattresses and la de da quilts and **** like that, This country is becoming a nation of soft ponces Get a grip on reality ffs

Trending Topics

Old 03 November 2007, 01:53 AM
darms
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got a tumpur one too.... done the free trail and haggled a price down. Never pay their full recommended price. I even got the £60 odd pounds for delivery knocked off.

Old 03 November 2007, 02:18 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Tempur and tempur pillows. Costs a fortune but you spend a third of your life there, and no imitation comes close
Old 03 November 2007, 11:09 AM
Dr.No
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by darms
Got a tumpur one too.... done the free trail and haggled a price down. Never pay their full recommended price. I even got the £60 odd pounds for delivery knocked off.

Care to indicate the sort of discount / price paid after haggling with them???
Old 03 November 2007, 11:12 AM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Vi-spring! (sprung?) .........ooooohh, lovely!
Old 03 November 2007, 07:24 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TopBanana
We got a Tempur clone from ebay and it's been great
Remember the seller ??
Old 04 November 2007, 02:37 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

I'm thinking of getting one of these too - please share the level of discount Tempur will give.
Old 05 November 2007, 09:10 AM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

I spent £1600 on a tempur mattress and so wish I had taken the trail, as I HATE IT ! Horrible thing. Wish I had gone for the pocket spring mattress which I was going to get, before my know all c**t of a girlfriend persauded me to get a tempur.

To anyone buying one of these, please please please take the 60 day trail, as it takes 2 weeks to fully get used to these type of beds.

SBK
Old 05 November 2007, 10:41 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

did she throw out after the 2 weeks
Old 05 November 2007, 03:17 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

60 day trial sounds like a good plan - they're more expensive, but then I'll haggle & threaten to send it back unless they match the best price I can find which is here.

Now the question is Tempur pillows or not......
Old 05 November 2007, 03:30 PM
Dr.No
Scooby Regular

The "Luxury Platinum" range here appear to be virtually identical to the Tempurs...

memory foam mattress, memory foam mattresses, memory foam toppers The Memory Foam Mattress Firm

To quote them "1 inch of super luxury top layer + 3 inches of 80 kg/m3 middle layer Total memory foam depth 4 INCHES!!!"

...whereas the Tempur Deluxe states "The 22cm mattress offers a different construction combining a quilted cover with a 2cm layer of deliciously soft Tempur material embedded within it. Underneath lies a 9cm layer of Tempur, resting on top of 11cm of conventional polyurethane foam."

The Tempur uses 85kg/m3 memory foam, the "Luxury Platinum" uses 80 kg/m3. Most other 'eBay' and similar memory foam mattresses use 60-65kg/m3 memory foam...

A king size Tempur comes in at well over a grand.

A king size "Luxury Platinum" is £399... (inc delivery, not rolled / compressed, etc.)

I know which way I'm leaning at the moment....!!!
Old 05 November 2007, 06:19 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

News flash, memory foam isn't suitable for everyone. Think very carefully before parting with your hard earned. There is absolutely no need to spend the silly amount Tempur charge (that is how they can offer the free trial ). The problem with the complete foam based mattresses is that there is nothing to bolster you under the foam. This will result in you having difficulty changing position, the foam is slow acting and will take time to come up. In this respect the foam and sprung ones are better, you get all the benefits of memory foam but still have the convential spring underfoot. Also the foam can be very warm and may not be suitable for you. In my opinion the latex based mattresses are probably better, latex is cooler and is a lot more durable than foam. It's perhaps not as instantly comfortable as foam but will give a more consistent feel for the life of the mattress. I am quite a fan of latex (in mattresses I hasten to add!) as it provides better value for money and is probably more suited to the majority of people than memory foam.
Old 12 November 2007, 02:20 PM
darms
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dr.No
Care to indicate the sort of discount / price paid after haggling with them???
Sorry for the delay (been a bit busy on a little project)

Anyway, hunted out the receipt

1 Combi Mattress 137 x 191 x 20cm for £401.45 (inc vat and delivery)

Thought it was a good deal
Old 12 November 2007, 03:33 PM
chris_c201
Scooby Regular

I went for the "healthbeds memory foam" mattress, it won a lot of the "which" independent tests and i would thoroughly recommend it!

£800 delivered for super kingsize... as someone else said i was on hols 2 weeks ago and it was horrible not having my lovely mattress!
Old 12 November 2007, 03:57 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Mate of mine tried one and hated it too... I could understand the cost if it guaranteed you special dreams every night, but for us healthy unfussy types who can sleep on a washing line, it is a very big waste of sterlings...
I got a sprung silentnight king size matress for my new bed and I think it was about £300 and it's excellent
Old 13 November 2007, 10:00 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
News flash, memory foam isn't suitable for everyone. Think very carefully before parting with your hard earned. There is absolutely no need to spend the silly amount Tempur charge (that is how they can offer the free trial ). The problem with the complete foam based mattresses is that there is nothing to bolster you under the foam. This will result in you having difficulty changing position, the foam is slow acting and will take time to come up. In this respect the foam and sprung ones are better, you get all the benefits of memory foam but still have the convential spring underfoot. Also the foam can be very warm and may not be suitable for you. In my opinion the latex based mattresses are probably better, latex is cooler and is a lot more durable than foam. It's perhaps not as instantly comfortable as foam but will give a more consistent feel for the life of the mattress. I am quite a fan of latex (in mattresses I hasten to add!) as it provides better value for money and is probably more suited to the majority of people than memory foam.

Totally agree with einstein between us we are the residental scoobynet <bed/matteress> experts although not connected in any way !!!

memory foam is fashonal but pocket springs with covering of memory foam is the best all rounder and will last 10 years

prices range from as little as £299 but £500-700 would get you a fantastic matteress

dont be tempted bycheap matteress toppers its just like putting petrol and diluting it with water into a scooby !!:
Old 13 November 2007, 10:29 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay cheers folks really appreciatte all the expert info !! still on the lookout for a pocketspring matress with memory foam, looking to pay around £400 max, like my beds soft and comfy !! any recommended matreeses that would suit the above ??

looked on ebay and some excellent prices anyone bought there matress from an ebay seller, any recommendations on a particular ebay seller off these type off matresses ??
Old 13 November 2007, 10:36 PM
Simon 69
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
.....I am quite a fan of latex (in mattresses I hasten to add!).....
And on fat girls, I'll wager.....