Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Dogs barking for 3 hours on end

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 2007, 12:53 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Exclamation Dogs barking for 3 hours on end

you kind of feel you should do something , does sort of grate as well if you cant 'tune out'...

what id like to know is why dont they go hoarse after a while
Old 03 November 2007, 12:58 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel for you .... we have a yappy little dog over the back of us who yapps sometimes - not much longer than 1/2 hour, though.

But, I have to say - I feel like taking my gun round and shooting the dog and its owners!! I get to a point after 30 minutes where I could happily kill them!!
Old 03 November 2007, 01:00 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scooby was very noisy this morning, barking a lot continously about 7am, he doesnt usually do that though, so i guess one of the neighbours must have been out in the garden
Old 03 November 2007, 01:04 PM
Andygreer
Scooby Regular

We have a Black Lab. She never barks at all or japps.

The only time she will bark is when soem one nocks on the door, and as soon as i say " lilly thats it" She stops.

If my dog Barked for hours on end i think id get rid of it. I bet the people who own it dont even tell it off for doing it, its a bit liek a child if they dont get told they dont know there doing bad things.

Id have a word
Old 03 November 2007, 02:14 PM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

Don't have a word with them!!! Trust me, I mentioned it to my neighbour about their dog constantly barking....

2 weeks later, she asked me if it had got any better. I said "No, sounds like you've got 2 in there now!" To which she replied "Oh, I thought it was lonely and just wanted a friend".

DO NOT SAY ANYTHING!
Old 03 November 2007, 03:39 PM
Tart Man
Scooby Regular

Location: Custard, Strawberry, Apple, Blonde, Brunette...its all good!

We did have a lab-cross in the garden behind ours barking or the best part of 12 hours not stop every night.

Owners left it outside whilst out.
Yet he made abolutely no noise when someone was in.

Thankfully, they left before we hand chance to complain.

How the hell it didn't go hoarse I do not know. Our dog, after picking up from the kennels after a holiday would have no bark left in him, all he could muster was a gruff whisper of a woof.
Old 03 November 2007, 05:48 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

3 hours? 3 hours! I dream of the day the little rat russel piece of **** next door would bark for only 3 hours.
The road I live down was the most quiet and picturesque in the village bar none then the fooking Clampits started renting the house next door.
There are only 4 houses and a church down the road and most of the people work throughout the day, I however work shifts.
They must think that the wee ****** is the best behaved dog out there as it barks NON ******* STOP from the min. they leave to the min. they come home. It must be so knackered it just sleeps the rest of the time.
If it does continue I wont be aproaching the ignorant, messy ba$tards but will be writing to the the owner of the house, the police, the RSPCA and will talk to a couple of contacts I have within the ASBO section of the council.

Trending Topics

Old 03 November 2007, 05:56 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My dog cant bark yet.. not old enough, my dads dog, who lives in ear shot barks all the time now, shes getting old and barks for no reason. Think its bad living next door, my dad live with it. Nothing shuts it up!!

He's had her 15 years and loves her to bits. Shes deaf (probably from all the barking)

Maybe your neighbours cant stop it barking ?
Old 03 November 2007, 06:05 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Do the dogs complain when you have the TV on & they are trying to sleep ?
Do they come onto SN & whinge about how they are going to go shoot a human because them & the "bitch" have been up all night going about it doggy stylee ??????

No i suppose they wouldnt ................ they have lives
Old 03 November 2007, 06:13 PM
staffy-bull
Scooby Regular

i will swop houses with you, my neighbour has 8-10 dogs that all live outside in kennels, they bark day or night sometimes all day whilst he is at work, i have approached him but he shrugged his shoulders. it resulted in me involving enviromental health who ended up putting one of those sound monitors in my house, the scale was really high, they threatened to prosocute him if he didnt resolve it but still to this day nothing has been sorted.
Old 03 November 2007, 06:19 PM
DCR59
Scooby Regular

At my last house, my neighbour had 2 terriers. Never heard them bark in the house but when they were out in the back garden they barked all the time, usually at the sheep that were in the fields behind the houses.

I bought one of those high frequency dog trainers and hid it in the fence between the houses.
That cured them, they wouldn't go out into the garden after that.

I really should go back there, and change the batteries some time.
Old 03 November 2007, 07:06 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I blame the owners - as always

This one did stop in the end so presumably owners back -either that or someone shot it

I might have said summat but said beast was someway up teh road .-im just intrigued as to how their vocal chords can last out..
Old 03 November 2007, 07:33 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Our two Spaniels are pretty good and I'd be embarrassed if they barked too much and disturbed the neighbours. Now and again one of them will bark in the middle of the night but that is usually to tell us something is "different". A door has swung open or the wind has blown something over in the garden. They don't like a bright full moon for some reason and hot air balloons are a no-no. And don't mention bloody fireworks

It's wrong to tell them off for woofing because they are only trying to let you know. But I never know whether to go downstairs at 3 in the morning and see what the problem is - thus teaching them that barking gets my attention - or to hope they get fed up and go back to sleep!! Depends how tired I feel

But leaving a dog outside barking constantly is not the way to proceed. dl
Old 03 November 2007, 07:59 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tart Man

How the hell it didn't go hoarse I do not know. Our dog, after picking up from the kennels after a holiday would have no bark left in him, all he could muster was a gruff whisper of a woof.

LOL my parents westie came back from the kennels after a holiday with a different voice

changed from a little yappy thing to a full blown "sex chat line husk" thing