Enoch Powell was right!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04 November 2007, 09:40 AM
blockmonke@fsmail.net
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enoch Powell was right!!!

BBC NEWS | Politics | Migration row Tory to be quizzed

And already labour ministers are branding him racist, all for bringing up a subject his constituents wanted raised the cheek of it, listening to the people you were elected to represent rather than dictate to them

Although I reckon the subject raised would have gone down better without mentioning Enoch Powell.
Old 04 November 2007, 10:01 AM
exvaux
Scooby Regular

at least he has the ***** to say what he thinks,
Old 04 November 2007, 10:33 AM
blockmonke@fsmail.net
Scooby Regular

It makes my **** boil to think Gordon ******** Brown will be at the cenotaph on Sunday paying tribute to the troops who died fighting fascism, and keeping our nation free.
When this fascist pos government are giving our freedoms away left, right and centre.
When did we get a vote on allowing all Europeans open access to Our country anyway.
Old 04 November 2007, 10:56 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Surely it can't be considered racist to speak the truth about how mass immigration will change the country and also that our infrastructure just cannot stand unlimited numbers of people settling here! I have absolutely nothing against immigrants who work hard and earn their way but it has to be controlled or we will fall off the sides!

Les
Old 04 November 2007, 06:32 PM
blockmonke@fsmail.net
Scooby Regular

Well he stood by his morals and resigned rather than issue a grovelling apology. Ten times the mp than any of the lying snivelling toads in the house of commons.
Old 05 November 2007, 10:20 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Hastilow may have a point but if he hasn't got the gumption to realise that mentioning Enoch's speech would be the kiss of death for his aspirations then he's not going to make much of an MP. Like suggesting Gary Glitter is invited to open the kids Christmas party dl
Old 05 November 2007, 10:52 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Knowing what Halesowen and Rowley Regis,are like (his constituency), I can fully understand why he made those comments and why in some cases Enoch Powell's prediction for future Britain can be considered to be correct.

Enoch predicted that our country would be irreversibly changed by poorly controlled immigration. In this case, the two areas of Mr Hastilow's constituency have indeed changed vastly from mass immigration, in some areas its like being in a different country.

I know this from personal experience of living in these areas. And seeing them change heavily (for the worse IMO) in the past 20 years - especially in the last 10 years.

If Enoch's concerns were taken on board and goverenments of more recent years had controlled the influx and integration of widely different societies and cultures being dumped into our communities, segregating and alienating and even displacing current populations, the current mess would not exist anywhere near as badly as it does now.

If anything, he should be respected and commended for speaking up: Softly softly approaches and polictically correct politics has never got this country anywhere.

Last edited by Shark Man; 05 November 2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 05 November 2007, 11:02 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Italians approach...

BBC NEWS | Europe | Italy starts deporting Romanians
Old 05 November 2007, 11:05 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
Hastilow may have a point but if he hasn't got the gumption to realise that mentioning Enoch's speech would be the kiss of death for his aspirations then he's not going to make much of an MP. Like suggesting Gary Glitter is invited to open the kids Christmas party dl
Perhap's he feels that his principles transcend the effects. Not many men so honest in that place.

Les
Old 05 November 2007, 11:14 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

The fact remains that by mentioning Enoch Powell he dug his own grave. Far better to have kept quiet, got elected and then come out all guns blazing.

Were we in Europe when Enoch made his famed speech? I am old enough to remember him quite well, an intellectual with those clipped Brummie tones. Quite frightening in a way. dl

Edit to add: Perhaps he'll now stand as an independant - could be interesting!!

Last edited by David Lock; 05 November 2007 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05 November 2007, 11:20 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

You know all this crap about immigration is all well and good, but has anyone taken a look at the larger numbers of indigenous thieving lazy scum that seem to inhabit our wonderful country. Just a thought while you are all riding the Daily Mail's bandwagon!
Old 05 November 2007, 11:36 AM
Tart Man
Scooby Regular

Location: Custard, Strawberry, Apple, Blonde, Brunette...its all good!

It's easy to say that; Even a simpleton will know that attracting attention to one problem will not relieve another seperate problem.

Ignoring both problems (and many others) however, is what this government has done.

At least this MP has stood up and voiced about ONE of the problems. Even if it is one of many.

Last edited by Tart Man; 05 November 2007 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05 November 2007, 03:29 PM
blockmonke@fsmail.net
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
You know all this crap about immigration is all well and good, but has anyone taken a look at the larger numbers of indigenous thieving lazy scum that seem to inhabit our wonderful country. Just a thought while you are all riding the Daily Mail's bandwagon!

Exactly, why not get these back to work before importing any more problems.
if its all crap, why are the police, schools and the NHS screaming out for money saying they cannot cope without extra cash.
Maybe they should force the dole bludgers to take a career in the forces where they could learn a career and respect. Or force them to take nmw jobs and let them pay no tax or ni. At least then they are economically neutral and not a burden.
Could you live on £5.37 an hour pay rent and bring up a kid, I doubt it unless you work 100 hours a week. These immigrants are happy to share 5 to a bedsit and work for the nmw. **** that

I reported 2 Romanians for begging yesterday
Old 05 November 2007, 03:38 PM
blockmonke@fsmail.net
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
the large numbers of indigenous thieving lazy scum that seem to inhabit our wonderful country.
That describes the government down to a tee
Old 05 November 2007, 06:07 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Apparently also the youngest Brigadier in the British Army at the end of WWII ... so not just an 'intellectual' ...

Dave
Well I certainly didn't know that. But, on reflection, I guess he did have a military air about him

He'd have probably preferred to have had "them" all shot at dawn then
Old 05 November 2007, 10:40 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Right or wrong, it's too late to reverse any of his predictions.

The country has seen a huge dilution of its population and will continue to do. The only issue I have is with the quality of person we allow in.

I don't give a **** if they're black, white, yellow, pink or grey. As long as they are here to contribute as per the Asian invasion of the 50s, 60s & 70s, then welcome.
Old 06 November 2007, 09:56 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Surely it can't be considered racist to speak the truth about how mass immigration will change the country and also that our infrastructure just cannot stand unlimited numbers of people settling here! I have absolutely nothing against immigrants who work hard and earn their way but it has to be controlled or we will fall off the sides!

Les
Agree 100%. Its about basic population, infrastructure, housing, roads, schools. This country simply is not big enough, thats it. Why do we need an immigration policy at all that limits numbers? We need to close the doors, influx doesnt need to be reduced it needs to be zero.
Old 06 November 2007, 12:43 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
Right or wrong, it's too late to reverse any of his predictions.

The country has seen a huge dilution of its population and will continue to do. The only issue I have is with the quality of person we allow in.

I don't give a **** if they're black, white, yellow, pink or grey. As long as they are here to contribute as per the Asian invasion of the 50s, 60s & 70s, then welcome.
Agreed. something along the lines of the Aussie system sounds right. What exactly are the criterion for immigration to the UK for Jonny Foreigner from outside the EU, btw ?