Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

CityLink .....

Search this Thread

Old 05 November 2007, 05:58 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down CityLink .....

Apparently knocked on my door at 13:03 today with my order, no answer, left a card.

Now, this is bloody strange ....... I was in from 12:20 to 13:50!!!!!!!!

No card on the mat either!!

Now, he/she may have knocked at the wrong door? Left the card in the wrong door? They state it was a White Door (I guess 99% of houses have a white door!)

E-Buyer couldn't have been better about it, they rang CityLink and told them to attempt delivery tomorrow, good service from E-Buyer

We shall see if they arrive tomorrow then!?
Old 05 November 2007, 06:03 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my laptop sent back from being repaired a few weeks back, via Citylink guaranteed next day delivery.

To cut a long story short they lost it for 10 days, and then finally delivered it to my neighbours without asking for a signature - no apology either. The really crazy thing was it spent 9 of those 10 days in the main depot at Wooton Bassett near Swindon, after they had a computer failure and effectively "lost" every parcel in the warehouse. I couldn't even collect it when I went there as it was "in an enormous pile of hundreds of thousands of other lost parcels".

Utter w@nkers IMO, I'll never use them again, or any company that insists on using them.

Old 05 November 2007, 06:06 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

I've had more problems with City Link than any other Company. I have even got people at Amazon involved at investigating the claims that they try to deliver. They never do. I always have to go to their depot to collect, without a card. Upside is, Amazon always refund the delivery charge.
I've told Amazon, I won't use them again if they continue to use City Link to deliver my goods
Old 05 November 2007, 06:07 PM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

I've had this before with a courier. I was definately in, but found a card on the door mat saying they'd tryed to call. Apparently its a good scam for the drivers - Post through the note (or not at all) quietly and leave quickly. They then get paid to deliver again tommorow.

I bet collecting it from their yard isn't an option, as you live a fair way from them...
Old 05 November 2007, 06:10 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Well I can collect from their depot - about 10 miles away, so not that bad - but its £5 return trip ..... makes the free deliver from CityLink a joke

I am amazed that they would have just driven past without stopping!?
Old 05 November 2007, 06:27 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105
Support Scoobynet!

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This old chestnut Pete

Your last City Link thread was only in January or so.

I've never had a single problem with any delivery I've had from them.
Old 05 November 2007, 06:29 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Was it???
Old 05 November 2007, 06:37 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105
Support Scoobynet!

There or thereabouts.

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...deliverys.html
Old 05 November 2007, 06:47 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mickywrx
tried an tested

hes got 20/25 gradually being circulated
Old 05 November 2007, 06:49 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Have to agree, they are an utter joke, parcel force look good compared to these jokers.

Used to be reasonable a couple years back now all of a sudden cards left no doorbells rung and a depot 60 miles away ffs.

I refuse to use a retailer that uses them, an utter waste of time.
Old 05 November 2007, 06:51 PM
4X4BOB
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Odds on
I've had this before with a courier. I was definately in, but found a card on the door mat saying they'd tryed to call. Apparently its a good scam for the drivers - Post through the note (or not at all) quietly and leave quickly. They then get paid to deliver again tommorow.

I bet collecting it from their yard isn't an option, as you live a fair way from them...
Its not a scam to earn more money by the drivers - They are paid for set hours no matter what they deliver.

Can't comment on CityLink as I don't (won't) use them due to their reputation!

Mate of mine works for APC couriers, and he said if they "card" a house they have to note the colour of the front door on their electronic device thingy to prove they have been to the house.

I've used APC couriers to send loads of stuff and they've been brilliant, and they take longer lengths like exhausts/bumpers/tyres(tape 2 together as one parcel)) and palleted stuff too.
I recently sent a package 1.9m x .7m x .3m weighing 28kg on next day service for £21

APC NEXT DAY

Bob
Old 05 November 2007, 06:55 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Bloody hell ...... some people have too much time on their hands, remembering every word I have typed
Old 05 November 2007, 06:59 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 4X4BOB
he said if they "card" a house they have to note the colour of the front door on their electronic device thingy to prove they have been to the house.
Bob
So do CityLink, but as I said - if you put White Door down you are going to be spot-on 99% of the time!

OR, just drive past - note the door colour and wander on by??

I have a sign on the door saying leave at number XX .... maybe they went over there and posted the card in there??
Old 05 November 2007, 07:04 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by pslewis
So do CityLink, but as I said - if you put White Door down you are going to be spot-on 99% of the time!

I have a sign on the door saying leave at number XX .... maybe they went over there and posted the card in there??
Quick copy and paste since I cant be bothered to type it out again:

Tricky one that Pete.

Having not been the driver in question I can't say whether the sender has specified anything.

This could be one of many things, Consignee Only, Deliver to Stated Address Only, Check I.D., Do Not Leave Safe/Neighbour, Card if Out, etc etc.

The driver has to comply with these delivery instructions - or face disciplinary action. Also if the driver doesn't adhere to them, the sender can make a claim against City Link IIRC.

I've worked for them for nearly four years now, and I know from some consignment numbers who the sender is, and for instance I'll never leave something from the Carphone Warehouse with a neighbour, regardless of notes on door etc. Fair enough, you know your neighbour is trustworthy, but, I don't. D.T.A - Don't Trust Anybody

Hope this helps a bit, any more questions feel free to ask and I'll try and help. Although I would find it humorous to let you sweat about it

Micky
Old 05 November 2007, 07:04 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

I use interlink unless its deliveries in (buisness post) and theyre not actually allowed to drop it with neighbours/leave it in your porch unsigned with out prior consent by you
Old 05 November 2007, 07:07 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Ok, lets assume they didn't go over the road ..... where's my card and why didn't they ring????
Old 05 November 2007, 07:12 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105
Support Scoobynet!

Dunno

Don't care I'm on holiday for a week.

Maybe the driver ran out of cards.
Old 05 November 2007, 07:13 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Ok, lets assume they didn't go over the road ..... where's my card and why didn't they ring????
They know you a moaning ole grouch - prolly did on purpose

Happens all the time, me too
Old 05 November 2007, 07:27 PM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 4X4BOB
Its not a scam to earn more money by the drivers - They are paid for set hours no matter what they deliver.
Some of the companies use sub contract drivers. I know Lewis Day does/used to for one. They charge them hire on the vans, but pay per drop.
Old 05 November 2007, 07:44 PM
Simon 69
Scooby Regular

This old chestnut Pete

Your last City Link thread was only in January or so.

I've never had a single problem with any delivery I've had from them.
Old 05 November 2007, 10:07 PM
ScoTTyB
Scooby Regular

I hate city link more than pslewis, and I really hate pslewis.
Old 05 November 2007, 10:46 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

I tried to buy a stove of the internet last year. It was to be delivered by Citylink on a Friday, and left the factory near Whitehaven at the appropriate time for delivery 48 hours later (Whitehaven to my house is about 80 miles as the crow flies, but they had to use a ferry to get across the pond, so I thought 2 days was reasonable enough.) Delivery day arrives and I have been warned that the stove will be too heavy to be lifted off by the driver in his little truck, so I have a mate and two builders hanging about to lift it. Should have been delivered before 1. I called at 1.30 to be told that it was out for delivery and would be there before 4.00. Called at 4.01 to be told the driver couldn't find the house, and the stove was back in the depot. Great - builders have a big van, so I think we pop down to the depot, pick it up and bring it home. I ask what time they are open to? 6.00 - OK - It only takes us 45 minutes to get to the depot at Aldergrove..... A few seconds of silence and the guy says "Aldergrove? Your stove is in the international road hub in Belgium"

ffs - No wonder they couldn't find the house
Old 05 November 2007, 11:33 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Lots to read on them:

Reviews on Initial City Link Look at tests, reports and read reviews: dooyoo.co.uk
Rant: Initial City Link (London South branch) | Coofer Cat's Weblog
Initial City Link - Read Reviews
City Link Parcel Delivery Service Review in Postal & Delivery Services at Review Centre
The UK High Street: Reviews of Initial City Link

Okay - there are LOADS more - all saying the same thing... Dear God. I think if I find out any company uses them i will refuse to purchase from them.
Old 05 November 2007, 11:40 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns
Cheers for that, I may send it on to Amazon.
Old 06 November 2007, 08:44 AM
BlkKnight
Scooby Regular

the driver should have made a note of your door colour.

Ring the depot and double check if they got the right house
Old 06 November 2007, 08:46 AM
BlkKnight
Scooby Regular

@ Kieran

to get the full picture of all delivery agents, try the above link:

Transport / Automobile Services Shopping and Price comparison
Old 06 November 2007, 09:10 AM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Citylink are the most utterly useless bunch of See You Next Tuesdays I have ever had the misfortune of ever having to any sort of dealings with.

Sort story - 19" LCD monitor from Dabs, delivered to my camp - said that they couldn't get access to camp, I checked, no Citylink van had even been on camp that day.

If they'd have said - it was 1650, I knock off at 1700 and I was 20 miles away so wanted to get home, I wouldn't have minded. What I minded was that they thought it was acceptable to lie, something that doesn't go down very well at all with me.

After a very sarcastic email to citylink, and complaining to Dabs about them, it was delivered the next day with a delivery driver apparently complaining because I'd complained - frankly, I'm amazed they ever get anything other than complaints.

Frankly Pete, I'd be amazed if they even bothered their **** to drive down your road.
Old 06 November 2007, 09:18 AM
ChrisB

All couriers are useless, some are just more useless than others.

ANC - carded for a missed delivery. I work on the same business park as their depot, so rang up and requested they don't re-try so I can collected. What do they do? Send it out on the van again.

CityLink - again carded. Card says ring to re-arrange or call in and collect. Again, I work on the same business park as them. Go into collect, no, the muppets have put it on the van again.

Quick Reply: CityLink .....