Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

FORTUNE TELLARS,TAROT CARDS,ETC.

Search this Thread

Old 07 December 2007, 06:35 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FORTUNE TELLARS,TAROT CARDS,ETC.

OK so does anyone believe in it.or had experience or know someone who has.has it came true or was it just a load of crap..im asking this because some years ago i was doing some gardening for a family friend..anyhow this woman comes out from next door,she is spanish woman.after a few minutes of talking,she told me alot of things about my life so far,that she could not have known about.i never seen this woman before ever.then she goes on to tell me that i will go a long way in life,and will emegrate from here to some place else,it is kind of coming true.i have a foreign girlfriend,or atleast i hope still do.and we have been back to her country a few times,ive met her parents and family etc,and everything was great.ive even thought about moving there,and im trying to work my way towards doing it.But you know how relationships are.anyhow it just got me thinking back to what that woman told me some years back..although it actually hasnt happened yet,there is some truth in what she said..
Old 07 December 2007, 06:42 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello

I'm not sure whether these things are true or not (I doubt it), but I am friends with someone who spends his professional career recreating seances and other unexplained phenomena to show that *most* of these are completely and utterly fake.

Steve
Old 07 December 2007, 06:57 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK
after a few minutes of talking,she told me alot of things about my life so far,that she could not have known about.
It's all cold reading (and warm too )

There's plenty of evidence debunking this sort of crap.

I appreciate it can be "convincing" but ultimately they mostly go for those open to their spouting, the gullible and those "looking" for something.

Google Derren Browns stuff.

Also, the James Randy org is very good and there's a $1m offer to any that can prove their psychic ability. Offer has been there for a LONG time and, funnily enough, no one has had a valid claim to it
Old 07 December 2007, 07:26 PM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

i'm a sucker for these, but none has come true yet...
Old 07 December 2007, 07:40 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wwp8
i'm a sucker for these, but none has come true yet...
what you mean like Mystic meg,and them types.the planet Saturn is strong in your zodiac sign this month..you will meet a new partner,the first letter of the name is H,and you will have hot steamy passionate sex..GETT in there.
Old 07 December 2007, 07:43 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Originally Posted by DYK
the first letter of the name is H,
Hightee?
Old 07 December 2007, 07:46 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tam the bam
Hightee?
LOL Tam. nice one

Trending Topics

Old 07 December 2007, 10:41 PM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

Hmm. Healthily cynical, but a while ago an old friend of mine's mum, who makes a living out of doing tarot and the like, phoned me out of the blue and informed me I needed to see her.

I went to see her, shuffled some tarot cards and she proceeded to tell me stuff that I hadn't told a soul. She scared the crap out of me and gave me some very specific and direct references to some stuff that was going on in my life, as well as some pretty unequivocal advice as to what I needed to do.

I repeat, this was stuff that I hadn't told a soul, including my mate, so there's no way she could have known in advance.

She was dead right, I followed her advice and my life has been pretty damn' good ever since, rather than the fairly dark place that it was in at the time.

I have no idea how she did it, but I will always appreciate that she did...

SB