Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Sharm el shiekh

Search this Thread

Old 07 December 2007, 07:49 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Sharm el shiekh

I'm off on my hols to sharm el sheikh in 1 weeks time Staying at the domina sultan hotel. Has anyone been to this hotel and whats the place like over Xmas time
Old 07 December 2007, 08:47 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got back from Sharm after a couple of weeks in the sun. Stayed at the Three Corners Hotel (Kiroseiz) which was pleasant enough. The Red Sea dives blue me away as did Cairo and Mount Sinai. The people were nice and I'd definitely go back.

Take American dollars.
Old 07 December 2007, 09:04 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm looking forward to diving in the red sea the closest I have been for clear blue waters is the cayman islands. I hope the red sea is all its cracked up to be I'm planning on going to Cairo but whats "Mount sinai" ??? is it that good I was only going to take a few dollars for tips ??/ is it better to take them for trips etc ?/
Old 07 December 2007, 09:20 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

i cant stick anything to do with egypt,
i ve got a few customers there, and they all try and rip you off,
my wifes friend has a couple of businesses in sharm and has been double crosssed left right and centre.

they do really pleaseant things like alter quotes you gave them, then query your invoice, i cant stand them and take every opportunity to take money from them.

i hate the place so much i turned off long way down, when they were there.
Old 07 December 2007, 09:58 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stevebt
I'm looking forward to diving in the red sea the closest I have been for clear blue waters is the cayman islands. I hope the red sea is all its cracked up to be I'm planning on going to Cairo but whats "Mount sinai" ??? is it that good I was only going to take a few dollars for tips ??/ is it better to take them for trips etc ?/
The Red Sea is awesome! Crystal clear, warm and harbouring abundant beautiful creatures (although the Russian girls ought to crack a smile from time to time). Do the trip to here Ras Mohamed National Park , It's about an hour away from Sharm.

Mount Sinai is were Moses is alleged to have received the Ten Commandments. I'm not a Bible basher but as a lay theologian I found it fascinating. The Sinai desert's tranquil, the scenery's outstanding and I thought the trip was well worth the £35.

If you take Dollars you'll be able to buy stuff cheaper. The Egyptian lads are pretty shrewd and know the strength of the pound; for example I went for a few laps here Ghibli Raceway and was charged about £20, but the Dollar price was $30. In short, the prices don't reflect the exchange rate. Take Dollars.

Bon voyage!

James
Old 08 December 2007, 01:30 PM
orchid35
Scooby Regular

We came back from Sharm in November , we loved it there , it's really fantastic , the waters are clear and warm we saw loads of fish right up at the shore line and then we went snorkling the fish like to play and if you just float they come toyou as they are so nosey, we went quad biking which was a great laugh going through and overs the dunes .

we took English money as well as Egyption pounds but now might think about US

stayed at the Coral Sea in Sharm and we are going back very soon but staying at the Holiday Village in Sharm

so as you can guess we liked it so much we came and booked again and it's only 8 weeks till we go