Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Wow! Good customer service from Virgin Media

Search this Thread

Old 20 December 2007, 02:33 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow! Good customer service from Virgin Media

Well my set top box packed up the other night - I rebooted it and it got so far as telling me it was powering up, thats it it stuck at that, so i went through the laboreous and downright frankly annoying process of ringing a bloody Indian call centre and she gave me a couple of times slots. er i'm sorry but i am work i said, to my surprise she said there would be a slot between 4-7pm - so ok, anyway i finish at 5 but if he turns up at 4pm he'll bugger off and i'll get charged a tenner.

so i stuck a note on my door asking the engineer to call me if i was not at home. i thought it would be ignored - amazingly i got a call from an engineer saying he was sat outside and it was not a problem.

I got there expecting a right grumpy t**t but he was i have to say a top bloke, i appologised for being late but it was no problem, he checked my box decided it was f**ked so i got a brand spanking Samsung which is loads quicker and took his time going through it with me, he was friendly and could not do enough, we even joked about the Indian call centre.

Thing is its the getting through in the first place and understanding the people manning the phone lines, the people doing the actual engineering job were sound.

Makes a nice change
Old 20 December 2007, 02:38 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Well I'm waiting in for an engineer right now cos my tinternet keeps turning itself off the modem is fooked, Hope the git hurrys up I wanna go and see me Mum
Cheers
Colin
Old 20 December 2007, 02:41 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Colin, it might not be your modem thats fooked.

https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-r...ia-issues.html
Old 20 December 2007, 02:45 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Ive always been impressed with the engineers, great bunch of guys who are happy to have a laugh. Just getting through on the phones which is the PITA.
Old 20 December 2007, 02:48 PM
Supercue
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoob99
Well I'm waiting in for an engineer right now cos my tinternet keeps turning itself off the modem is fooked, Hope the git hurrys up I wanna go and see me Mum
Cheers
Colin
One thing to bear in mind with Virgin Modems is that the MAC Address has to be activated on your account otherwise it doesnt work.
It shows your connected etc. but no internet.

A customer of mine had a replacement box sent out but unfortunately no-one bothered to mention anything about activating the mac address so it took a while before I sussed it and got it sorted.

I wish I got through to someone in India or otherwise as I had to hang on for over 25 minutes and still didnt get answered

Rang the premium helpline and fortunately managed to talk a lady into activating it for me and refunding the call costs.
Old 20 December 2007, 04:42 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Well the bloke has just left he skank to high heaven of BO, He tried one modem could'nt get it to work 10 mins on the phone to tech guys who said my computer was fooked, then he called his boss and he said to him don't forget to reboot, oh yeah he says I forgot about that, took the router out and left it on the floor I said can you put that back, he said as it's not Virgin he can't touch it So I'm stuck with router on the floor, I'm gonna ring and complain.
Cheers
Colin
Old 20 December 2007, 04:57 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoob99
I'm gonna ring and complain.
Cheers
Colin

Good luck