Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Davidf LLoyd - Membership frees

Search this Thread

Old 20 December 2007, 03:16 PM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Davidf LLoyd - Membership frees

Thinking of joining my local David Lloyd centre ( Worthing )

Being someone that hates having to sign up to a contract, just found out that David LLoyd is doing a deal.

Up to 31/12/07, you can sign up, £66 a month, no joining fee, no fixed contract. You hve to give 3 months notice if you leave, however, if you get a Dr's note saying you cant work out anymore, they will terminate the contract.

After 1/1/08, you have a joining fee, and you havew to sign up to 12 months, just like a mobile phone contract. YOu can only leave 31/12/08.

Still not sure if I want to have £66 ripped out of my account yet, as if I join with my g/f, its £120 a month ! :-(

Anyway, for those who are thinking about it, do it now !!! as after xmas, you will be truely stitched up.

SBK
Old 20 December 2007, 03:32 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Alternately....

Virgin Active, Cannons & LA Fitness: Less than half price loophole...

Or just go for a run / walk / bike ride all more or less free last time I checked, quite a good saving on £66 a month
Old 20 December 2007, 04:39 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

could buy all the equipment you need for a couple of months fees.
Old 20 December 2007, 05:14 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Nothing to do with David Lloyd, but I'm in Worthing too - bound to have seen you about
Old 20 December 2007, 05:29 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

For that much money I'd want a naked hottie doing the work out for me.
Old 21 December 2007, 07:46 AM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

Yeah, £66 a month, just too dear, espeically when we all know that give it 2 or 3 months and you start to go only once a week etc etc. I work mad hours, so by the time I get home at 7pm, whats the chances of then wanting to go to the gym ??

Its not a bad place, lots of lovely young birds walking around.

PeteBrant, I live over in Rustington. Drive a gold + silver japanese sports truck, aka 2.8 diesel pajero ! hahahaah

SBK
Old 21 December 2007, 08:38 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

Originally Posted by Simon K
Anyway, for those who are thinking about it, do it now !!! as after xmas, you will be truely stitched up.

SBK
The whole thing is a 'stitch up'. Why on earth people pay these sort of fees for gym membership amazes me.
In many countries in Europe there are 'no frills' super-gyms in larger towns and cities. Fitness factories with modern equipment, state of the art A/V equipment to stave off boredom during those long CV sessions and chock pack full of young flibbergibits who can actually afford to use the place unlike most rip off places in the UK whose female population seems to be limited to SUV driving, skank, jaffa orange, ugg boot and leisure suit wearing MI(wouldn't)LF types. The place I'm a member of charges me a lofty €3 per week for membership.
Old 21 December 2007, 10:05 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I was a member at David Lloyds in Ar Ey La Kirkby for many years
I paid 90 odd for a couple membership, 60ish for my single membership and when I left had the hassle of the 3 month exit rule...
Not only is it 3 months, it is 3 full months... So if you leave mid month, you will pay for three and a half... It is in the small print but never stated when you get the guided tour and hard sell.
Good gyms, great facilities, definately a better feel than the Fitness First class of gym. You still get your genital heads, snobs, beefcakes and fat people, but you also get rich totty to gawp at

I quit because £60 is better in my pocket than theirs on top of the fact that I have learned to run and cycle outside Not having a big screen on in front of me took some getting used to though