Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

whats this all about then?

Search this Thread

Old 23 December 2007, 01:46 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats this all about then?

Watch free TV on your PC or laptop - 2008 edition on eBay, also Van Pickup Parts, Vans Pickups, Commercial Vehicles, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 29-Dec-07 21:34:16 GMT)
Old 23 December 2007, 02:02 PM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

Dunno, but if you get it let us know the result

Looks like a scam to me.
Old 23 December 2007, 02:13 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I've not been in the Satellite TV scene for many years.

Basically, many years ago you could hook up your PC to a satellite dish. The stations you received could be played on your monitor with some software. The real gem was that you could use the power of your PC to decrypt the encrypted channels without paying for them.

Then things changed and became technical. The broadcasters started using better encryption, and also changing the keys more frequently. This meant is was a lot harder to break the encryption.

Where things stand today I have no idea. However I guess what this chap is doing is selling the software and knowledge to decrypt these signals. There is no way to tell if its a scam before buying, nor how long/well his methods may work for assuming he is genuine.

You could Google more info on PC decrypting Satellite if you want to. There are bound to be some groups out there trying this today. Of course, actually doing this is illegal. A powerful PC is almost certainly going to be needed. You will almost certainly experience significant delays when changing channels while the encryption is broken...I am guessing...no idea how well they can do this today.
Old 23 December 2007, 02:42 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

WOW this is too good to be true surely, doh.

Check the feedback first, has dealt with Ebooks etc before to get some feedback personally it seems a little too good to be true, which usually means it is....but make your own mind up..

If you can afford to lose the £12.95 then do it and see if it is kosher, I personally would need a very good source to confirm that it is legit which I doubt.
Old 23 December 2007, 02:53 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

Maybe he just sends you a link to ChannelChooser.com 2.0 - Watch online live TV-channels, Movies & Videos ?
Old 23 December 2007, 03:01 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Originally Posted by GaryCat
That is a good site, some good programmes on it although I've never watched the adult ones ... Honest!!!