Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Sky woes

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2008, 09:36 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sky woes

After finding Virgin Media getting more and more expensive, we decided to move over to Sky, with their deal of TV, 8Mb broadband and phone for 26 quid a month - 21 quid for the TV and a fiver for the broadband / phone.

Called just before Christmas, and was quite impressed with their efficiency - they came out the Saturday before Christmas and fitted the dish, and we love Sky+. At the same time, I arranged for a BT line to be fitted.

After the BT line was fitted, I called Sky to arrange the broadband, only to be told that I wasn't in an area that could receive the 8Mb broadband - instead I could have Sky Connect at 512Kb for 17 quid a month.

I've found that my line could well have a fault, as a BT line test showed it was only getting 256k, not the 5.5Mb that the BT site said it should get based on the postcode (and indeed the neighbours get), however, using their number Sky still say that their broadband is not available.

Presumably this is down to the exchange, so they must have known when I orginally called that this was going to be the case.

Any advice? I did write to complain and gave them til tomorrow to find a resolution, not heard anything yet and have my doubts that I will.

Thanks for reading

Last edited by SWRTWannabe; 14 January 2008 at 09:39 PM.
Old 14 January 2008, 09:38 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SWRTWannabe
After finding Virgin Media getting more and more expensive, we decided to move over to Sky, with their deal of TV, 8Mb broadband and phone for 26 quid a month - 21 quid for the TV and a fiver for the broadband / phone.

Called just before Christmas, and was quite impressed with their efficiency - they came out the Saturday before Christmas and fitted the dish, and we love Sky+. At the same time, I arranged for a BT line to be fitted.

After the BT line was fitted, I called Sky to arrange the broadband, only to be told that I wasn't in an area that could receive the 8Mb broadband - instead I could have Sky Connect at 512Kb for 17 quid a month.

I've found that my line could well have a fault, as a BT line test showed it was only getting 256k, not the 5.5 that the BT site said it should get based on the postcode (and indeed the neighbours get), however, using their number Sky still say that their broadband is not available.

Presumably this is down to the exchange, so they must have known when I orginally called that this was going to be the case.

Any advice? I did write to complain and gave them til tomorrow to find a resolution, not heard anything yet and have my doubts that I will.

Thanks for reading
haven't got no answer but you could try this site for one

SkyUser - The Unofficial Help and Support Forum for everything Sky!

hope this helps