Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Traffic Cops

Search this Thread

Old 14 January 2008, 11:04 PM
gazza-uk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traffic Cops

only caught the second half, what a hypocrite that cop ws when dealing with the van driver with the ladders...

One minute he says "we have to listen to the public explaining why they should not get a ticket, we cant can't just give them the ticket and be on our way"

The next minute, he says the complete opposite
Old 14 January 2008, 11:06 PM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

likes bikers so let that guy off doing 96

That romanian bloke that ignored the woman and argued on the phone was quite amusing, she didnt seem happy

Last edited by ScoobyDriverWannabe; 14 January 2008 at 11:07 PM. Reason: e
Old 14 January 2008, 11:06 PM
Will
BANNED

Originally Posted by gazza-uk
only caught the second half, what a hypocrite that cop ws when dealing with the van driver with the ladders...

One minute he says "we have to listen to the public explaining why they should not get a ticket, we cant can't just give them the ticket and be on our way"

The next minute, he says the complete opposite
Tell me about it, pathetic and best of all...... on tv
Old 15 January 2008, 12:13 AM
gazza-uk
Scooby Regular

night watch ITV1 now
Old 15 January 2008, 02:04 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

I wonder if the copper upon watching this will realise how his actions caused the 18yr with the CTR to get so wound up

Unless he "wanted" to arrest him, so intentionally wound him up......

(Even if a 18yr old in a CTR is high suspect, how would you like being manhandled out your own car on what intitally seemed to a routine "pull" by the plod - talk about aggrevating the situation).
Old 15 January 2008, 08:06 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

The 18 yr old in question managed to make the policeman look unprofessional and petty. If I was a senior officer watching that I'd view it as a failure.
The attempt at justification by the traffic officer supports that view. I suspect he was very embarrassed at being 'owned' by a young lad.
The guy obviously needs more training or to find another job.
Old 15 January 2008, 08:12 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

The £30 fixed penalty was spiteful.
Old 15 January 2008, 08:35 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

The man handling of the gobby tosser in the CTR was absolutely right for a car that appeared to be on false plates on top of a report of bilking. The school bully victim of a copper did however handle the ticking off in the car appallingly.
The copper letting off the biker was gutting. They whould have hung back, waited for him to start "filtering" and had him for dangerous driving
The ladder man could talk for england and the police were being very polite listening to idiot squirm having clearly not fixed his ladders to his van correctly. 3 points and 60 quid is standard for that offence no matter how much he went on and on and on and on and on and on about it

I didnt understand the purpose of the show last night. It did no PR for the traffic police at all.

The scumtard driving the wrong way down a closed motorway should have been arrested under the mental health act and sectioned!
Old 15 January 2008, 08:43 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

I think the cop with the 18 year old was a bit out of line, but the kid didnt help matters with his attitude and being a complete **** about it - got the feeling that his daddy had bought him the car, and was probably a solicitor ( as the kid was threatening to sue the police ).

He was a prat though, he knew the car had the wrong plates on, and had known for over a week and couldnt be bothered spending £20 to change them - if you bought a car and it had the wrong plates, wouldnt you change them asap rather than getting pulled every time you drove it.

I get the feeling with these progs that the drivers often see the camera and think they have to act hard for the TV - all the scallies you see getting stopped do it as soon as they realise they are being filmed.
Old 15 January 2008, 08:48 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

The 18 year old may well have been out of line but he was just some punk kid.
If the policeman was a professional/halfway decent at his job he should have risen above it and treated him with extreme courtesy.
As someone else mentioned above the traffic officer in question clearly has issues and would be better off in a career where he doesn't have to deal with people who remind him of his inadequacies.

I thought the manhandling of the 18yr old was extremely dangerous for him and the officer involved. The correct procedure would have been to remove the keys, inform him he was under arrest and wait for backup to arrive if he wouldn't leave the car himself.
Old 15 January 2008, 08:49 AM
Wish
Scooby Regular

The guy driving the wrong way down the motoway should have been banned .... he was a idiot of the highest order.

As for the ladders on the motorway, imagine hitting them on a motorbike :yikes:
Old 15 January 2008, 09:39 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

The guy who got done for driving with no licence. He got £175 fine.

Wow !!!!!!!!!

So as he had no licence, he'd have had no insurance (saving hundred every year), no tax (saving hundreds) and probably no MOT. £175 fine. WTF?
Old 15 January 2008, 09:44 AM
Whats an Infraction?
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover

Wow !!!!!!!!!

So as he had no licence, he'd have had no insurance (saving hundred every year), no tax (saving hundreds) and probably no MOT. £175 fine. WTF?
Makes you wonder why we pay a fortune every year to keep our car on the road legally, you thinking what Im thinking lol
Old 15 January 2008, 09:47 AM
spireite
BANNED

The traffic cop dealing with the 18 year old was a complete **** ,nothing new here then

waits for the local infractor
Old 15 January 2008, 09:48 AM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

that 18yr old was a gobby *anker and deserved the £30 fine and rough handling IMHO.
they should have pointed the cameras the other way and given him some Shoe Pie lol
Old 15 January 2008, 09:51 AM
NACRO
BANNED

He was a 'gobby *anker' but the point is that the police are meant to be able to take that in their stride. There are plenty of ways they could have made life difficult for that kid without appearing to be pathetic losers themselves.
Old 15 January 2008, 09:55 AM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

no need to swear though...

they often take a dim view of this, and the cooper did warn him about it twice.
i think thats what finally got his goat.
Old 15 January 2008, 09:56 AM
Whats an Infraction?
Scooby Regular

I think the term youre looking for is Proffessional. Thats what the copper was not.
Old 15 January 2008, 10:15 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Maybe the 18 year ole was mouthing off to the oriffcer before he was extracted from his vehicle but otherwise i thought he was heavy handed to say the least ,perhaps teh oriffcer was playing up for the camera ,fare enoughmaybe if he were known to them as a dangerous crim ,but as it turned out he was virtually innocent - the sort of experience that is liable to leave a bad taste in the mouth for the rest of his time
Old 15 January 2008, 10:24 AM
Wish
Scooby Regular

They went for the stop. He complied. They then stopped and he didnt run. But the copper thought it would be a good idea to drag the bloke from his car.

Im 34 and I would have kicked up as well..... He complied with everything they asked, no need for a argie bargie inches away from the 1st lane.

But saying all that, he was a **** driving with the wrong plates on.... I thought I had 14 days LOL
Old 15 January 2008, 10:26 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by stilover

Wow !!!!!!!!!

dont worry about that - at least his kid will be okay when hes on the road the next week
Old 15 January 2008, 10:32 AM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
The scumtard driving the wrong way down a closed motorway should have been arrested under the mental health act and sectioned!
That was the most shocking bit - he moved the cones to drive down a closed motorway, at night, the wrong side, so he could get to his wife. Regardless of his motives, he should have been locked up or given a massive fine. Ridiculous behaviour and yet he gets away with it and gets taken to the next junction. I thought that was stupid and irresponsible for the police to do nothing. Speeding gets points by default - that was in my mind far far more dangerous yet... nothing.

Pathetic...
Old 15 January 2008, 11:11 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NACRO
The 18 year old may well have been out of line but he was just some punk kid.
If the policeman was a professional/halfway decent at his job he should have risen above it and treated him with extreme courtesy.
As someone else mentioned above the traffic officer in question clearly has issues and would be better off in a career where he doesn't have to deal with people who remind him of his inadequacies.

I thought the manhandling of the 18yr old was extremely dangerous for him and the officer involved. The correct procedure would have been to remove the keys, inform him he was under arrest and wait for backup to arrive if he wouldn't leave the car himself.
I agree; two failures.

The manhandling was touch and go, but it hows it was handled after.
I mean, where are a bunch of car theives going to run off to on a motorway going through the countryside? So it wasn't nessercery at all. The fact that he appeared to fully co-operate immediately when being pulled suggest he's not going to run either. If he was, he'd have booted it as soon as the plod got out the car and ran towards it!

It could be forgiveable if the plod kept their heads when talking to the lad. They should full well know manhandling any person like that will make them angry, fustrated and likely to kick off, innocent or not. So what they say is hugely important to keep a calm situation. No matter how much aof a brat the 18yr old was, they could easily defuse that situation, if anything he should have been given him an apology for the initial arrest (with justification of why).

Mouthing off like "I'm a big plod, look what I can do" is totally unprofessional. Infact I'd go as far to say it seemed like they were very experienced with situations like this

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza
that 18yr old was a gobby *anker and deserved the £30 fine and rough handling IMHO.
they should have pointed the cameras the other way and given him some Shoe Pie lol
Yup, his ladders were insecure. full stop. Infact it looks like he used ratchet straps - completely wrong! (especially if they were tied round the rungs in such a way that the ladders could slip under). A set of proper ladder clamps are only a few quid and almost idiot proof (almost being remembering to tighten them down ).

Last edited by Shark Man; 15 January 2008 at 11:13 AM.
Old 15 January 2008, 11:11 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

He had a bluetooth headset.

Therefore he was a retard.
Old 15 January 2008, 11:15 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

****, I'm retarded too then

(although it is lost down the side of seat at the mo - along with my bumfluff, spare change and my ex's earings )
Old 15 January 2008, 11:16 AM
Nido
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davyboy
He had a bluetooth headset.

Therefore he was a retard.

Anybody who drives around with one of these when they are not actually on the phone deserves to have their license taken off them anyway
Old 15 January 2008, 11:19 AM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

If that copper who dealt with the CTR had done that to me, i would be doing time for smacking him!

They were both ****** of the highest order and enjoyed being ***** on telly!

I think they were jealous he had a better cat than them!

And the copper who let the biker off, i doubt he would have let me off in my scoob!

Just goes to show 99% of coppers are complete tw@ts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 15 January 2008, 11:20 AM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

The lad in the Civic could easily have complained to the police for endangering his life. What kind of retard pulls someone from the car like that inches away from the inside lane of a motorway? He could of got them both killed.

As for his attitude, I hate to say it but I developed a similar attitude at his age towards the police when I was pulled for the umpteenth time for no apparent reason. They did have a good reason to stop him but i've never seen it written in law that you have to have good manners to someone behaving like that copper did.

I've mellowed now and am always polite to the police (not that they pull me any more).

Most shocking part of the whole thing was the two numpty Scots coppers trying to get to the cottage surrounded by water.

Copper - Lets try the patrol car
Me (at the telly) - Find a boat dimwit

Copper - Lets drive miles away and get a tractor

Copper - Tractors not working , lets call in the Helicopter

Copper - Helicopter wont come because of power lines, lets look for a boat.
Me (at the telly) - About f*ing time dimwit

All good entertainment though
Old 15 January 2008, 11:32 AM
Wish
Scooby Regular

ahhh the chuckle brothers ..... How funny where those two

And some inspector has put them in the same patrol car too, brilliant
Old 15 January 2008, 12:23 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRX_Dazza
no need to swear though...

they often take a dim view of this, and the cooper did warn him about it twice.
i think thats what finally got his goat.
All he said was '****e', and it wasnt direct personal abuse to the copper... I'm sure coppers have to put up with a lot more foul abuse than that.

Whilst generally these kind of progs are good for the police, showing their efficiacy, results and professionalism, I think that whole programme was an unmitigated PR disaster, Those coppers behaved in quite odd ways IMHO:
  • Greet transgressors with 'Hiya mate' - how professional!
  • Undertake when there was no need.
  • Drive over solid white lane lines when there was no need
  • Rambo tackling the previously compliant kid when he already had the keys off him - all of us would be wound up at that.
  • Rambo's mate talking down to him cos he was 'only 18'
  • Rambo's mate bitching and squabbling with him whilst unable to give him eye contact or properly explain the 14 day rule given to fix the plates. The kid was smarter and understandably fuming with his treatment.
  • That Miss Ice Maiden was pretty cr@p too with the Romanian getting so visibly wound up - and do they not know how to use shorter simpler language with those that have difficulty with English?
  • Older tash man shoud have been less apologetic/dithery about the ticket to ladder van man - he either deserves the points or you give him a warning (and I think he HAD learnt his lesson and was repentant).
  • Mr unrepentant driving down the motorway the wrong way then gets let off ?!????
I know its a tough job, full of calls based on instinct, but that similar prog on Thames Valley traffic police has FAR better officers who offer calm, reasoned professionalism when dealing with issues. It looked to me that most of those last night needed to go for a refresher in Hendon.

I think it also openly showed how the focus of traffic cops now is crime rather than policing motorists or 'avin a word.

Quite negative all round really - but a nice earner for those that got off with £35k of cable - expect hikes in electricity costs!

D

Last edited by Diesel; 15 January 2008 at 01:48 PM. Reason: typos

Quick Reply: Traffic Cops