Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Gordon Brown has got to go....

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2008, 10:16 AM
GOLDMAN 555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gordon Brown has got to go....

So we had super Gordon selling all of our gold at $250 an ounce when it's now $900 an ounce.

Then he allowed the entire nation to become property investors(this is yet to play out)

More recently there was the Northern Rock situation where he forced everyone of us to lend the sponsors of Newcastle United £700 per person

Finally he's lying to us about how bad the economy is. He reckons household inflation is 2%.............

Mortgages in 2007 rose by 16%

Council tax rose by 10%

Unleaded fuel rose by 23%

And look at the below chart regarded general household items:

This guy needs to go now before he completely wrecks this country!
Old 15 January 2008, 10:29 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

The country is already wrecked, 18 years of Maggie and her hangers on followed by 11 years of Blairism, no doubt now we will add Cameron to the mix to finally finish us off when he ignores all the real issues and taxes us all to death on the green bandwagon.

Mind you, 30 years of self serving greed driven career politicians is enough to finish any country off.
Old 15 January 2008, 10:32 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

My wage hasn't matched increased costs for the past couple years. Made worse due to an overtime ban/Bonus ban.

I was better off in 2002 than I am now.

The Petrol cost is just the last kick in the teeth. If it gets to £1.15-£1.20 a litre, I'm selling the Scoob.
Old 15 January 2008, 10:58 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

with the $ (which brown invested in) and the £ falling gold is a safe bet. They reckon it could top $1000 an ounce shame we don't have any left
Old 15 January 2008, 11:33 AM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

Originally Posted by stilover
My wage hasn't matched increased costs for the past couple years. Made worse due to an overtime ban/Bonus ban.

I was better off in 2002 than I am now.

The Petrol cost is just the last kick in the teeth. If it gets to £1.15-£1.20 a litre, I'm selling the Scoob.

Dont sell the scoob. You'll only be letting the b*st*rds win.

Buy a little "green" diesel aswell.

Government - never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups
Old 15 January 2008, 11:36 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by GOLDMAN 555
So we had super Gordon selling all of our gold at $250 an ounce when it's now $900 an ounce.
I could never understand this gold reserve thing. Why do we need a big pile of metal stored somewhere it can't be touched?
Old 15 January 2008, 11:37 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Then he allowed the entire nation to become property investors(this is yet to play out)

More recently there was the Northern Rock situation where he forced everyone of us to lend the sponsors of Newcastle United £700 per person

Finally he's lying to us about how bad the economy is. He reckons household inflation is 2%.............

Mortgages in 2007 rose by 16%

Council tax rose by 10%

Unleaded fuel rose by 23%

And look at the below chart regarded general household items:

This guy needs to go now before he completely wrecks this country!
The headline inflation rate is over 4%, the one they never use of course,and you can bet that will have been "adjusted" too!

Les
Old 15 January 2008, 11:52 AM
^Qwerty^
Scooby Regular

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

With the price of cereals set to soar this year (we have no/little reserves left), the cost of living is going to shoot up even further, as they underpin a large amount of our food/western diets. That on it's own will push up the inflation figure more than 4%.
Shoving the trolley around Tesco's each week is going to cost a whole lot more.
Old 15 January 2008, 11:57 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

With inflation on the up, it's difficult to see how interest rates can fall too far, this has all the makings of recession I'm afraid!
Old 15 January 2008, 12:00 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

To make matters worse the £ is at an all time low against the € which makes your summer holiday more expensive
Old 15 January 2008, 12:01 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

Yep, saw this on TV this morning, grocery prices rising at the fastest rate EVER recorded since they started recording.

Petrol up by nearly 35% in four months

Council tax set to rise 10% AGAIN

And STILL Lying Labour insist that inflation is only 2.1%

AND use it to peg teachers' salary increases to 2% for the next THREE YEARS

So much for the "INDEPENDENT" Teachers Salary review committee introduced by Maggie in 1988 and kept on by Labour since 1997.

I'm sorry, but even with my colourful vocabulary, I just don't know enough swearwords or insults to adequately describe this shower of *****!

Alcazar
Old 15 January 2008, 12:01 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

GB doesn't want things making inflation *figures* rise.

Solution is simple, he just removes from the equation things that make the figure rise.

How is inflation calculated these days? There's cost of living inflation (rising a lot and is what I see as the *real* inflation) and there's "luxury" goods inflation (rather low, stuff like electronic goods, tvs, stereos etc., your nice to have things but not essential for living on).
Old 15 January 2008, 12:02 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattW
To make matters worse the £ is at an all time low against the € which makes your summer holiday more expensive
Thats easy to solve, go to America instead - you'll be loaded
Old 15 January 2008, 12:26 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Someone assasinate him then, when was the last British PM assasinated? has there ever been one??

Sure they will replace him but then shoot them aswell, they will soon get the message when they all get shot one after the other

Nobody will want the job so they will be forced to put it up as a job vacancy, then hopefully someone with half a brain will get in and sort the mess out.

PS any Gov agencies reading this, I am not volunteering to assasinate the current government! and if any of them do get assasinated it had nothing to do with me honest!!
Old 15 January 2008, 12:44 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
Someone assasinate him then, when was the last British PM assasinated? has there ever been one??

Sure they will replace him but then shoot them aswell, they will soon get the message when they all get shot one after the other

Nobody will want the job so they will be forced to put it up as a job vacancy, then hopefully someone with half a brain will get in and sort the mess out.

PS any Gov agencies reading this, I am not volunteering to assasinate the current government! and if any of them do get assasinated it had nothing to do with me honest!!
And there was me thinking you were going to do us a favour!

Les
Old 15 January 2008, 01:07 PM
Dan W
Scooby Regular

Location: Secretly saving for another Blobeye STI. Crystal Grey. Widetrack

subterfuge
Old 15 January 2008, 01:13 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wurzel, denying it won't make a difference - one of new labours thousands of new laws is one of "incitement to commit murder" expect 3 to 10 years for your post!

All persons who shall conspire, confederate, and agree to murder any person, whether he be a subject of Her Majesty or not, and whether he be within the Queen's dominions or not, and whosoever shall solicit, encourage or endeavour to persuade, or shall propose to any person, to murder any other person, whether he be a subject of Her Majesty or not and whether he be within the Queen's dominions or not, shall be guilty of a Misdemeanour, and being convicted thereof shall be liable at the discretion of the Court, to be kept in Penal Servitude for any term not more than ten or less than three years – or to be imprisoned for any term not exceeding the two years, with or without Hard Labour.
Old 15 January 2008, 01:27 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

He'll be gone at the next election, then we'll all have someone else to moan about
Old 15 January 2008, 01:32 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Cool

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
Wurzel, denying it won't make a difference - one of new labours thousands of new laws is one of "incitement to commit murder" expect 3 to 10 years for your post!
well at least I will get a roof over my head, 3 square meals a day, Sky TV and a room with a view.

Won't need to pay tax on what I earn in prison so won't be contributing to the scrounging bumms on the outside, doesn't sound to bad to me especially as in that time I can learn how to be a criminal and get a degree or 2 at the tax payers expence
Old 15 January 2008, 01:43 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

well at least I will get a roof over my head, 3 square meals a day, Sky TV and a room with a view.

Won't need to pay tax on what I earn in prison so won't be contributing to the scrounging bumms on the outside, doesn't sound to bad to me especially as in that time I can learn how to be a criminal and get a degree or 2 at the tax payers expence
True...

But on the downside there's always the 20p/50p rule
Old 15 January 2008, 02:00 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Cool

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
True...

But on the downside there's always the 20p/50p rule
you may need to refresh my memory on that one I have lived in a 3rd world country for the last 8 years and have forgotten so much 1st world country stuff
Old 15 January 2008, 03:55 PM
GOLDMAN 555
Scooby Regular

AAAHHHH good old BBC the stock market is messing the bed in spectacular fashion today down over 2%.... in one day no mention of this though instead

We have BBC NEWS | Business | UK inflation steady in December

"There was also downward price pressure last month from reduced furniture prices, particularly for kitchen units and leather sofas. "

That's okay because I always buy kitchen units and leather sofas every month I live ina house constructedof leather sofasand I grind downkitchen units and use them as fuel. If I feel a bit peckish I might also eat a kitchen unit.

Honestly it's like living in the twilight zone........or North Korea
Old 15 January 2008, 03:58 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Its too late.. Next part will have to deal with the fall out and no doubt be blamed for it for decades to come..
Old 15 January 2008, 04:15 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

True to form with previous Labour governments, M4 (money supply) is up - i.e. They are printing more of it to pay for all their hare-brained schemes.
Old 15 January 2008, 05:07 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Mind you, 30 years of self serving greed driven career politicians is enough to finish any country off.

Given that no other kind exists, I was kinda wondering about your solution?

M
Old 15 January 2008, 05:29 PM
renny
Scooby Regular

Words cannot begin to describe how i feel about that smug c**t.

No really,thay can't!!
Old 15 January 2008, 05:30 PM
Steve Whitehorn
Scooby Regular

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

But you do have the skills though
Old 15 January 2008, 05:31 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by _Meridian_
Given that no other kind exists, I was kinda wondering about your solution?

M
My point is that it wasn't always like this. As for a solution, there isn't one atm as far as I can see. Sad though that maybe
Old 15 January 2008, 07:22 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Cool

Originally Posted by Steve Whitehorn
But you do have the skills though
ssshhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 15 January 2008, 07:58 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

We need a BIG "reset". This will come in the form of a very bad recession, or even a depression.

Is complete b0llocks. Looking at how this figure is calculated is a joke, and is not respentative of inflation for the average person.

I'm pleased to see public service workers have all told Brown to shove his 2% pay offer, and are demanding more like 4.5-5%.

Brown is just DESPERATE to keep the party going for a little bit longer - but I think the house of cards (UK ecomony) is going to come crashing down under his watch, which is sweet irony as many of the things which have caused things to get so unsustainable were brought in/done by him/Liebour.

Quick Reply: Gordon Brown has got to go....