Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Brown in china and more lost data

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2008, 07:42 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brown in china and more lost data

Ok then, please someone explain slowly (as i am a thicko) how an increase of some 50% in chinese imports (over the next 5 years) is going to create more jobs in the UK.

Would these be in job centres or wot?

also
Data of 600,000 lost in laptop theft - Yahoo! News UK

to$$er from the MOD looses some 600,000 more personal details - with all the other problems with data would it be a good idea to order that computer equipment was not left in the boot of cars. FFS what do they need a ******* diagram???

When will the incompetance end - oh, thats riight in two years - with any luck!
Old 19 January 2008, 08:06 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Cant you just see how secure our ID cards would be NOT!!!

2 years...cant wait....

although the way there going it might be sooner

Mart
Old 19 January 2008, 08:39 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can someone please explain to me why in the name of christ we are giving £50 million in aid to China?

source
Old 19 January 2008, 08:41 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Ok then, please someone explain slowly (as i am a thicko) how an increase of some 50% in chinese imports (over the next 5 years) is going to create more jobs in the UK.

Would these be in job centres or wot?

also
Data of 600,000 lost in laptop theft - Yahoo! News UK

to$$er from the MOD looses some 600,000 more personal details - with all the other problems with data would it be a good idea to order that computer equipment was not left in the boot of cars. FFS what do they need a ******* diagram???

*ducks* or should that be *submerges*

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...ptop-fast.html
Old 19 January 2008, 08:43 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
Can someone please explain to me why in the name of christ we are giving £50 million in aid to China?

source

Sooner I doubt it. I can see some terror attack being manufactured in 2 years and voting postponed.
Old 20 January 2008, 12:29 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Was that £40 billion in trade what we spent buying things from them?

Les
Old 20 January 2008, 12:36 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Why? Will another party be formed by then and get voted in?

Neither the current lot or Cameron's mob will show any competence any time soon. All this 'thinking things will be better after the next election' stuff is just blind faith.

Trending Topics

Old 20 January 2008, 12:38 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

These laptops should have the data encrypted (as should any disc that are transfered between departments). So the loss should not cause any severe problems.

They have the facilties to do so, and its implemented in many sectors of our civil services where sensitive data has to be stored or transferred.... Becuase my mate supplies them

Why the stored data appears to be insecured baffles him (and me, and no doubt many others).
Old 20 January 2008, 01:23 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

And while all this is going on, in the evening he is no doubt having a good chat with Richard Branson on how they are gonna deal with Northern Rock, and not look like it was dealt with in an inappropriate manner.

Not saying Virgin could not help, but this has been one hell of a year in power so far eh!
He will sure have a legacy to write about.
Old 20 January 2008, 01:26 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

To be fair - this wasn't really Labours fault.. (oh.. how I hate saying that..).

It was just some idiot Royal Navy officer.
Old 20 January 2008, 01:31 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
And while all this is going on, in the evening he is no doubt having a good chat with Richard Branson on how they are gonna deal with Northern Rock, and not look like it was dealt with in an inappropriate manner.

Not saying Virgin could not help, but this has been one hell of a year in power so far eh!
He will sure have a legacy to write about.
Snazy, serious question. What should have been done with Northern Rock?

Maybe it should just have been left to go bust and then let the markets really get the jitters juts like the way they did when similar happened in the US last year.

Or..... ? Go on, enlighten me.
Old 20 January 2008, 01:40 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Snazy, serious question. What should have been done with Northern Rock?

Maybe it should just have been left to go bust and then let the markets really get the jitters juts like the way they did when similar happened in the US last year.

Or..... ? Go on, enlighten me.

lol im not saying I have the answer to Northern Rock, god only knows the thread on here didnt find it either.
However as Branson is ONE of the people interested, its just a bit inappropriate for him to just happen to be in China with the PM during the weekend the decision is being made, and with the announcement on Monday.

Would just seem a bit "insider" if Virgin get it. Like I say, no wrong, but im sure there will be some scandle surrounding it.

lol as for the market "might" have got the jitters.... forgive me, but is it not rather fooked at the moment? With NR shares down from £12 to 64p?

Like I say im no expert with markets and finances, and dont have the answer, if I did, I would probably be rich!
However I do know right from wrong, and I just think the timing and placing of Brown and Branson is a little inappropriate right now.

I have not commented on HOW NR was dealt with

As for not Labour's fault about the theft, nope I would agree. But how all this data in the UK is stored, and encrypted, surely they should have SOME repsonsibility for some of it.
Do love the launch of the investigation now its not a directly internal department losing it.
Old 20 January 2008, 01:45 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

As long as we get our £30 Billion back... with interest.. I couldn't care less what happens to Northern Rock.
Old 20 January 2008, 01:47 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Prasius
As long as we get our £30 Billion back... with interest.. I couldn't care less what happens to Northern Rock.

Along with whatever else it costs to hand over the power of the place.
Old 20 January 2008, 02:43 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Actually - I take it back.. I want £40 Billion back.

I don't want any of the shareholders getting any of their money back - as far as I'm concerned the Northern Rock that they held shares in collapsed and went backrupt - they've lost everything. Tough titty.
Old 20 January 2008, 02:48 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

If the Chinese Gov't lost data on all its citizens would every page of data per individual look the same?

d
Old 20 January 2008, 02:49 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Prasius
Actually - I take it back.. I want £40 Billion back.

I don't want any of the shareholders getting any of their money back - as far as I'm concerned the Northern Rock that they held shares in collapsed and went backrupt - they've lost everything. Tough titty.
.....especially those that invested when share prices crashed in aim to make a (not so) quick buck
Old 20 January 2008, 04:13 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

lol as for the market "might" have got the jitters.... forgive me, but is it not rather fooked at the moment? With NR shares down from £12 to 64p?
I was referring to the markets as a whole not just NR shares.

In the US when some lenders got into trouble with the sub prime market the US government rode it out and the markets went into free fall which has severely damaged confidence in the US and hence global economy.

Our government chose to prop up NR to temper the amount of further market woe over the situation (considering it was already suffering due to the US issues) and not cause too much of a further dent to the confidence in the UK economy.

Not qualified to say whether it was right or wrong, but maybe it has prevented serious meltdown on the UK and hence global markets so the amount of money ploughed in may be a snip compared to what could have happened otherwise.

Just a thought.
Old 20 January 2008, 04:35 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I was referring to the markets as a whole not just NR shares.

In the US when some lenders got into trouble with the sub prime market the US government rode it out and the markets went into free fall which has severely damaged confidence in the US and hence global economy.

Our government chose to prop up NR to temper the amount of further market woe over the situation (considering it was already suffering due to the US issues) and not cause too much of a further dent to the confidence in the UK economy.

Not qualified to say whether it was right or wrong, but maybe it has prevented serious meltdown on the UK and hence global markets so the amount of money ploughed in may be a snip compared to what could have happened otherwise.

Just a thought.
Oh sorry I misunderstood what "What should have been done with Northern Rock" meant

We have very different economies, however are both suffering the same sort of thing in this case. Credit in the USA is the norm, and very easy to get in out of your depth. Slightly different in the UK, so dont think the risk is quite as high.

As for propping up NR, if you look, NR was the tip of the iceberg, and a lot of financial insecurity from all sides has appeared.
I dont think for one second it was the wrong thing to do, and that is NOT what my original comments were about either

My comments, and interest in THIS thread is with regards to Branson and Brown being together for the important few days that the decision on who takes over the running of NR is made.
If its not Branson, fair play. But if it is, im sure their spending time together will be topic for discussion amongst the financial market.
Old 20 January 2008, 04:40 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs down

source
Same here!

£50m of OUR taxes the scruffy Scots pension thief has taken off us in so-called green taxes!

When I think what £50m could do for my town, which contains, by his own admission, the second most depressed area in the UK.

And what does he give us? NOWT, 'cos we aren't in the SE or Scotland!!!

Alcazar
Old 20 January 2008, 04:43 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

lol the SE is getting something ?
What can I look forward to ?
Old 20 January 2008, 04:48 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

lol the SE is getting something ?
What can I look forward to ?
LOL, you already HAVE it all, why do you need more?

Brand new stations, CTRL, the dome, bridges over an estuary at only £1 a go, etc etc.

Alcazar
Old 20 January 2008, 04:50 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
LOL, you already HAVE it all, why do you need more?

Brand new stations, CTRL, the dome, bridges over an estuary at only £1 a go, etc etc.

Alcazar
lol not forgetting the high crime rates, the high insurance premium, a **** for a mayor, a congestion zone (ever growing)

The dome???? lol whats your point with that one. Its a glorified night spot!

Brand new stations, yes, and 90% are still broken down, crap and dangerous, as well as in very poor condition.

I do love living in London, and think im lucky to be here, but dont think we have it all by far lol
Old 20 January 2008, 05:43 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Oh sorry I misunderstood what "What should have been done with Northern Rock" meant
No you didn't but you did seem to misunderstand what I meant about the financial markets so I quoted your post and explained it to you.

Look I couldn't give a crap what Ricahrd Branson is doing out there with Brown and if he ends up taking on NR all well and good in my book. People on here just want to find every reason to dig at Brown no matter what and heaven knows he makes enoiugh genuine *** ups without having to twist everything else in that direction.
Old 20 January 2008, 05:53 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

Alcazar.. look on the bright side, at least all the cities up your way have a minimum of fully dueled road links.

Unlike Norwich - the only city in the UK which you still have to travel along a single carriageway road to get to.
Old 20 January 2008, 05:59 PM
topbuzz
Scooby Regular

Angry "Brown announces 825m India aid package"

source
Old Gordon is having a field day giving our money away! just hope he doesn't plan to visit to many more countries next week.

"Brown announces 825m India aid package"
BBC NEWS | Politics | Brown announces India aid package
Old 20 January 2008, 06:05 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by topbuzz
Old Gordon is having a field day giving our money away! just hope he doesn't plan to visit to many more countries next week.

"Brown announces 825m India aid package"
BBC NEWS | Politics | Brown announces India aid package
All i can say is "good on 'im".

Thank God the Uk does not have any money problems
Schools, police, NHS, local Government, etc all have enough money and not any problems whatsoever. No one in the UK needs the money to be spent on building a better Britian.

Charity should begin at home as should sorting out the problems in the UK.

Brown you are a fool and easily parted with OUR money - NOT YOURS! mate
Old 20 January 2008, 06:15 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Why? Will another party be formed by then and get voted in?

Neither the current lot or Cameron's mob will show any competence any time soon. All this 'thinking things will be better after the next election' stuff is just blind faith.
Come on, you only need to be half decent anf half liked/popular to beat Brown and BNL (Browns New Labour) at the moment, since being in power (by default) he has not done much to indear himself nor his party to the voters - do not see that changing do you?

Brown has been scoring own goals since he moved into no 10, all Cameroon has to do is keep prodding away and BNL.

Two years is a long time in politics for BNL and the Tories - Do not see another BNL term can anyone?
Old 20 January 2008, 06:21 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Come on, you only need to be half decent anf half liked/popular to beat Brown and BNL (Browns New Labour) at the moment, since being in power (by default) he has not done much to indear himself nor his party to the voters - do not see that changing do you?

Brown has been scoring own goals since he moved into no 10, all Cameroon has to do is keep prodding away and BNL.

Two years is a long time in politics for BNL and the Tories - Do not see another BNL term can anyone?
I think my point went over your head. You said the incompetence would only last another two years, but I don't see Cameron as being anymore competent sadly.
Old 20 January 2008, 06:24 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I think my point went over your head. You said the incompetence would only last another two years, but I don't see Cameron as being anymore competent sadly.
It would not be the first or last time a comment had

TBH Cameroon only needs to be liked more than Brown and BNL- how hard can that be. TBH i am not a big fan of Cameroon or the tories but i just cannot see them doing a worse job.

BNL are just complacent and do not seem to care or give a t0ss

Quick Reply: Brown in china and more lost data