off work-anything i can claim?

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2008, 10:33 PM
sti degsy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default off work-anything i can claim?

hi
ive been off work for a month now with a back injury and just been signed off for another month! waiting for results from a scan on my back.
what i was wondering is there anything i can claim to help with finances as im only getting ssp and its not enough to cover living costs bills etc as weve got a 6 month old little boy we havent got a mortgage rent from the council and really struggling now!
can anyone help?
thanks ian
Old 19 January 2008, 10:43 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

A friend of mine had a bad accident (almost fatal) and was off work for 6 months, caused him some serious financial problems. I dont know what is out there in regards of help for rent etc but his bank would only give him a 3 months mortgage holiday.

Last edited by billythekid; 19 January 2008 at 10:44 PM. Reason: typo
Old 19 January 2008, 10:56 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

my only advice is to go to the local social security office and or citizens advice. You may also have a Welfare Rights office that works in your area.

I don't think there is that much that will be available however. If there is, you will have to fight for it. You don't get benefits these days without jumping through many hoops and filing in many forms.
Old 19 January 2008, 10:59 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Get rid of your UK passport and start speaking broken English in a funny dialect, but not Welsh. Develop a substance dependency, and try to get arrested as many times as possible. An ASBO will really help your cause. Do not under any circumstances let it out that you have ever worked or paid tax, and if you can borrow as many of your friends and neighbours children as possible it will maximise your potential. Remember, if you are of any worth to society at all, they won't give you a bean.
Old 19 January 2008, 11:13 PM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

go to job center ask for clame forms fill them all in take them and wait 3 months for payment they can back date it 3 months as well for some reason or a month in your case you should get incapacity and income support of some sort even if you only get £10 income support they should help pay morgage/rent payments but it depends on partners income.
Old 20 January 2008, 07:21 AM
sti degsy
Scooby Regular

cheers i`ll nip in and see what they can do not been in a job centre since i was 17! i did phone about the rent but only got through to some kid who was just interested in me paying extra to cover my two missed payments couldnt grasp that i had no money to pay them and just advised try housing benefits!!
i`ll just try do a del boy down the bootsale and flog some of my crap to try make some money!
Old 20 January 2008, 09:00 AM
mannyo
Scooby Regular

Are you actually still in employment, but claiming SSP?.

Trending Topics

Old 20 January 2008, 01:59 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by corradoboy
Get rid of your UK passport and start speaking broken English in a funny dialect, but not Welsh. Develop a substance dependency, and try to get arrested as many times as possible. An ASBO will really help your cause. Do not under any circumstances let it out that you have ever worked or paid tax, and if you can borrow as many of your friends and neighbours children as possible it will maximise your potential. Remember, if you are of any worth to society at all, they won't give you a bean.
This I like.
Old 20 January 2008, 02:00 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sti degsy
hi
ive been off work for a month now with a back injury and just been signed off for another month! waiting for results from a scan on my back.
what i was wondering is there anything i can claim to help with finances as im only getting ssp and its not enough to cover living costs bills etc as weve got a 6 month old little boy we havent got a mortgage rent from the council and really struggling now!
can anyone help?
thanks ian
Did you hurt your back at work ?
Old 20 January 2008, 02:09 PM
Bug Eyed Peas
Scooby Regular

Could you try and claim Incapacity Benefit? Have you contacted DWP?

All the same, the country is quick enough to take your money in taxes etc. But as soon as you want something in return, different story.

I hope all goes well for you with the results etc.

Ant
Old 20 January 2008, 02:17 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Wink

hi
can anyone help?
thanks ian
Are you a half Welsh - half Scottish, black, one legged, transvestite homosexual with aids who can't speak English?
Old 20 January 2008, 04:13 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

cheers i`ll nip in and see what they can do not been in a job centre since i was 17! i did phone about the rent but only got through to some kid who was just interested in me paying extra to cover my two missed payments couldnt grasp that i had no money to pay them and just advised try housing benefits!!
i`ll just try do a del boy down the bootsale and flog some of my crap to try make some money!

The old job centre is a nightmare these days it's full of chavs begging for crisis loans.They have even had to employ 2 bouncers at our local one to stop attacks on staff
Old 20 January 2008, 04:14 PM
sti degsy
Scooby Regular

im still employed and claiming ssp.
i didnt have an actual accident in work to injure my back its just wear and tear i work in a warehouse doing some heavy lifting and it just kept getting worse now im on the sick!
goin down the job centre in the morning see what they can do?!

Last edited by sti degsy; 20 January 2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old 20 January 2008, 05:36 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

i didnt have an actual accident in work to injure my back its just wear and tear i work in a warehouse doing some heavy lifting and it just kept getting worse now im on the sick!
If your sore back is a result of your work you could pusue a claim against your employer's liability insurance, via a solictor.
Old 20 January 2008, 08:27 PM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
The old job centre is a nightmare these days it's full of chavs begging for crisis loans.They have even had to employ 2 bouncers at our local one to stop attacks on staff

ha we have 3
Old 20 January 2008, 08:34 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Lack of movement may be causing the extra problems. See your quack and get some phsyio while your off.
Old 20 January 2008, 08:42 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

I see you've been able to run an STI and have decided to bring a child into the world, so no doubt you'll have a little bit of cash put aside for a rainy day. Sounds to me like you'll have to access your savings if the dole office have refused a handout.
Old 20 January 2008, 08:56 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon
Lack of movement may be causing the extra problems. See your quack and get some phsyio while your off.
Correct. Getting back to work and performing light duties is the best bet.