Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

MORE fuel increases

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2008, 08:05 AM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default MORE fuel increases <CLOSED>

Please don't bother replying to this thread as it's been hijacked by people who clearly have nothing better to do than provide negative comments about other SN members trying to do something positive for the benefit of all British motorists. May you all burn in hell for sitting on your ***** when you could have taken action

Just read on the news this morning that Mr.Stealth tax (our PM) is planning to add ANOTHER 2p to the tax on fuel in April.

As if it's not already enough!? I don't know how bad it is for everyone else regionally (I think ours is fairly cheap compared to some areas) but I'm now paying 110.9 for super (Tesco 99 RON) or 109.9 for 97 RON at Sainsburys.
That essentially means that in the last 4 months, it's started to cost me £4-5 more per tank to fill up. If this keeps going nobody in the country will be able to afford to drive and then - well, buses, trains - ha ha - not where I live....

How the hell these prices are anywhere near justified just beggars belief. I'm wondering if it's time for a "rolling Scooby roadblock" down the M4. About 45mph should do it for an afternoon? Anybody be up for that? I'm sick of lying down and taking the sh*t this government insists on dishing out to us all.

If enough people answer I might try and organise a "moving meet"

Last edited by MrNoisy; 21 January 2008 at 01:11 PM. Reason: .
Old 21 January 2008, 08:36 AM
fivealive
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a rise due to TAX so may get more support.

But, seriously, if it is hurting you then it's about time to think about buying a diesel - or putting the lids down the pit for extra income
Old 21 January 2008, 09:00 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How long 'til we can vote Brown out?
Old 21 January 2008, 09:15 AM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Diesel?

Don't be daft. All I'm saying is why the hell should we pay more on fuel when the government is already raking in cash from fuel tax and speeding offences and the increase is completely unjustified. (and did you mean "kids" not "lids" )

Until they start addressing issues that people care about I'm all for making life as difficult for them as possible, which is why I suggested this move.

Last edited by MrNoisy; 21 January 2008 at 09:15 AM. Reason: .
Old 21 January 2008, 09:30 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

*yawning*
Old 21 January 2008, 09:37 AM
jiffthejiffmanjaffa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
*yawning*
Agree, this sort of thread is being done twice a day.

If you have an opinon add it to one of those threads, cos it's all been said before.

If the fuel price is too high, sell you car, get a bike, walk whatever. We have to pay for it so like it or lump it as my Dad woud say.

There is seemly nothing we can do about it, no one wants to have fuel protests as shown by the shocking numbers that turned up in Tilbury the last four weekends (6,6,12 and 4 respectively, I read about it, I didn't go either) politicians don't care, and petitions do no good at all.

Welcome to the wonderful world of inflation.
Old 21 January 2008, 09:39 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gpssti4
Which part of the conservative manifesto is going to promise to reduce fuel duty, then?

Trending Topics

Old 21 January 2008, 09:50 AM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

This is all part of Gordon leading the world on green issues. The simple fact is that fuel taxes will keep rising until the vast majority of people who don't care, do. Gordon needs more money, and he is going to take it from everywhere and anywhere he can until people start complaining. He will pick on any group of people he thinks he can get away with, motorists being public enemy number 1 and firmly in his crosshairs.

There will come a point when all the people in this thread who have so far said, buy a diesel, will suddenly start caring and come here for support. By then I fear, it will be too late.
Old 21 January 2008, 10:41 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I think we should just invade some rich oil-producing country and take it over, that way the prices will soon come down
Old 21 January 2008, 10:54 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Business have written to Gordon Brown asking him to halt the 2p Tax hike as it will hurt British businesses. Haulage being the worst hit.

Treasury responce.

A spokesman for the Treasury said: "In last March's budget the Government announced fuel duty rates for the next three years, providing certainty for business and sending the right environmental signals in our fight against climate change, while continuing to fund vital public services.

"After these changes, by 2010 main fuel duty rates will be 11% lower in real terms than they were in 1999.

"The changes were made alongside reforms to vehicle excise duty that cut rates for less polluting vehicles and a number of measures to support hauliers which they have welcomed."

------------

So that will be a no then
Old 21 January 2008, 10:58 AM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Originally Posted by jiffthejiffmanjaffa
Agree, this sort of thread is being done twice a day.

If you have an opinon add it to one of those threads, cos it's all been said before.

If the fuel price is too high, sell you car, get a bike, walk whatever. We have to pay for it so like it or lump it as my Dad woud say.

There is seemly nothing we can do about it, no one wants to have fuel protests as shown by the shocking numbers that turned up in Tilbury the last four weekends (6,6,12 and 4 respectively, I read about it, I didn't go either) politicians don't care, and petitions do no good at all.

Welcome to the wonderful world of inflation.
I'm sorry, but this is EXACTLY the sort of attitude that has gotten our country into the current state it's in. I earn well and can afford to run my scoob, but thousands of other motorists have problems just running their normal diesel or petrol cars.

When petrol gets to £1.50 a litre, perhaps then you'll wish you'd gotten off your backside instead of whinging at people who were trying to take a positive stance against this "1984" style of government. I for one am all for it, and I don't appreciate your moaning about it - if you've seen it before then don't bother reading such posts again.

POSITIVE comments appreciated!
Old 21 January 2008, 10:59 AM
MrNoisy
Supporting Member

Amen to that pal. Anything would be better than this bunch of losers - it seems anything goes nowadays with no consequence (as proven by some of the posts in this thread - people can't be bothered nowadays - they just sit back and take it)!

Last edited by MrNoisy; 21 January 2008 at 11:00 AM. Reason: ,
Old 21 January 2008, 11:26 AM
fraser87uk
Scooby Regular

there ya go mate. Just building support:

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...ml#post7582607
Old 21 January 2008, 12:43 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bugeye_Scoob
I'm sorry, but this is EXACTLY the sort of attitude that has gotten our country into the current state it's in. !

N

O

spells

NO

the state our country is is, is due to spinless uk folk who all want somebody else to do something about the "problem"

IIRC a fuel protest has just happend, DID YOU DEMONSTRATE ????

NOBODY DID, HOPING SOMEBODY ELSE WOULD...............

excuses, excuses, excuses

*extra long yawn*
Old 21 January 2008, 12:49 PM
fivealive
BANNED

Sorry, but if you think that any other bunch will magically increase your benefits and also take less in Tax you are living somewhere in the Universe than I am

Chuck them out at the last election - but, how many people don't even use the vote these days which brave people died for? About 45%!

That's how much anyone cares ..... everyone these days are looking for someone else to blame and it's pathetic.