Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

'that London'

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2008, 12:04 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'that London'

I went to that london on saturday and frankly I am amazed that anyone would live there. I was taken for lunch in a place that basically charged a fortune for an australian to sell me tradtional english pub food at five times the price of my local pub. The place was full of ****ty old 70's broken furniture and people seemed to think that it was very quaint and interesting when in fact what it was was a dump. My favourite bit was the way they kept telling people they were full when infact the second floor of this 3 floor restaurant was completely empty.
After, luckily for me, someone else paid for lunch we then went to a bar that wanted about £7.00 for a g+t which I was told was cheap for 'that London' and so it proved because the next place £10.00 for a bloody drink. At 3 am when apparnetly things in that london close we went to a 'lebanease' place for food. This food was very similar to a doner kebab but lebanease doners must be different because 3 kebabs cost £20.00.

One night in the smoke on the lash £400.
Seeing dosy londoners pay 5 times the normal price for the same stuff and thinking they are getting a bargain PRICELESS
Old 21 January 2008, 12:07 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
Seeing dosy londoners pay 5 times the normal price for the same stuff and thinking they are getting a bargain PRICELESS
Ahh, but they earn an amount that means that paying £400 for a night out is no big deal.

S'all relative, innit
Old 21 January 2008, 12:10 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Fukken Aussies!!
Old 21 January 2008, 12:11 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Bloody immigrants.
Old 21 January 2008, 12:16 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Fukken nationals!
Old 21 January 2008, 12:19 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Oi, this is our country, you'd better adapt to our traditional xenophobic beliefs, that our forefathers fought the ***** to defend. If you don't like it, fek off back to where you came from.
Old 21 January 2008, 12:24 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

The centre i like - the trips on the Thames, the nightlife. the sights etc. You can get cheaper bars and restaurants, i had an Italian overlooking the Thames for less than 20 quid i kid you not.

The outskirts are to be frank from what i've seen feckin' terrible.

I stayed in Lewisham, and i dont normally scare easy but **** me that place. I was glad to get out in one piece.

Not a anti-southern rant in fact my GF lives in Bwighton but i have met Londoners who think we all live in caves up here (well a minority anyway) and they are amazed that we have great restaurants and trendy bars up in Manchester

Us Northern Monkeys wont put up with expensive drinks
Old 21 January 2008, 12:26 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Chief
i had an Italian overlooking the Thames for less than 20 quid i kid you not.
Was she saving to pay for her English tuition?
Old 21 January 2008, 12:27 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
Oi, this is our country, you'd better adapt to our traditional xenophobic beliefs, that our forefathers fought the ***** to defend. If you don't like it, fek off back to where you came from.
Go back to the UK? Are you p$ssed? LMAO
Old 21 January 2008, 12:30 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

The centre i like - the trips on the Thames, the nightlife. the sights etc. You can get cheaper bars and restaurants, i had an Italian overlooking the Thames for less than 20 quid i kid you not.

The outskirts are to be frank from what i've seen feckin' terrible.

I stayed in Lewisham, and i dont normally scare easy but **** me that place. I was glad to get out in one piece.

Not a anti-southern rant in fact my GF lives in Bwighton but i have met Londoners who think we all live in caves up here (well a minority anyway) and they are amazed that we have great restaurants and trendy bars up in Manchester

Us Northern Monkeys wont put up with expensive drinks
Thames river water is now owned by and Aussie (millionare maker) bank. Be prepeared for high rates.
Old 21 January 2008, 12:32 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
Was she saving to pay for her English tuition?

You owe me a coffee and a monitor
Old 21 January 2008, 12:48 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

I personally hate going to London.

Too busy and dirty me.
Old 21 January 2008, 12:50 PM
GazTheHat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
I personally hate going to London.

Too busy and dirty for me.
Same here.

Deffo feel like a "visitor".
Old 21 January 2008, 12:51 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Black bogeys.
Old 21 January 2008, 12:52 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
Ahh, but they earn an amount that means that paying £400 for a night out is no big deal.

S'all relative, innit

I don't really think they do. They guys I was with all earn few quid but have a habit of leaving credit cards behind bars and turning green when they get bills. They also seem to think it normal to leave the house with about fifty quid cash and put all their stuff on cards.
Old 21 January 2008, 12:58 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

After, luckily for me, someone else paid for lunch we then went to a bar that wanted about £7.00 for a g+t which I was told was cheap for 'that London' and so it proved because the next place £10.00 for a bloody drink. At 3 am when apparnetly things in that london close we went to a 'lebanease' place for food. This food was very similar to a doner kebab but lebanease doners must be different because 3 kebabs cost £20.00.

Visiting London for the night £400
Getting ripped off by going to all the wrong place... PRICELESS

Its far from expensive IMO, but then I live and work here, and as said, get the wages to match.

I would not disagree that the Midlands and up do seem to get better prices on pubs and stuff. But then at the same time, if you wanna spend some time in the big smoke........
Old 21 January 2008, 01:01 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
how can you find Lewisham scary compared to Manchester? If you found Lewisham scary then please never go anywhere near Thamesmead!
Should have popped to Brixton Coldharbour Lane, or into Depford later in the evening.

Lewisham as a whole aint so bad

Luan, I have managed to survive in London for 30 odd years on the wages I get, and having a very active life, so someone is doing something wrong. Like I say, if you spend your time in poncy up town bars all the time, the bills will never be nice.
Old 21 January 2008, 01:11 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
how can you find Lewisham scary compared to Manchester? If you found Lewisham scary then please never go anywhere near Thamesmead!

I've walked around Moss Side after midnight mate (only for 15 minutes admittedley) and i'd say Lewisham was worse
Old 21 January 2008, 01:12 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
Its far from expensive IMO, but then I live and work here, and as said, get the wages to match.
I'm guessing any increased salary is eaten up by living expenses.
Old 21 January 2008, 01:14 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I've walked around Moss Side after midnight mate (only for 15 minutes admittedley) and i'd say Lewisham was worse
lol tell me what gave you that impression?
You sure you mean the town of Lewisham, not the borough, including Deptford and New Cross?

Davy, I live to my means, so could not really comment. What I do know is, I would struggle to live the life I live, on my colleagues wages in the Midlands.
Old 21 January 2008, 01:15 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

When i last went to 'The Smoke' i was taken aroudn by a local, i swear even in the centre i dont think i paid more than 3 quid a pint, and that was only 3 years ago or so.

If you know where to go (and i was with someone who did) then its not so bad.

Although my renditition of Knees up mother Brown whilst in a p***** up stupor got the thumbs down

This may sound feckin ridiculous but in the centre i found the doormen to be extremley friendly and professional
Old 21 January 2008, 01:16 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
lol tell me what gave you that impression?
You sure you mean the town of Lewisham, not the borough, including Deptford and New Cross?

Davy, I live to my means, so could not really comment. What I do know is, I would struggle to live the life I live, on my colleagues wages in the Midlands.
Not sure - i stayed at someones flat near the DLR (i think thats what its called) it was terrible.
Old 21 January 2008, 01:17 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

This may sound feckin ridiculous but in the centre i found the doormen to be extremley friendly and professional
Westminster are pretty strict about door licencing. One of the toughest I believe
Plus its in the venues best interests to have the best of the bunch.

Comedy Store right by Leicester Square, a round of 4 drinks for under a tenner, at a top venue. The food is also reasonably priced too.

Like I say, looks like someone went to all the wrong places lol
Old 21 January 2008, 01:19 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Not sure - i stayed at someones flat near the DLR (i think thats what its called) it was terrible.
Aaah the top end of Lewisham, yeah I know where you mean. By the railway arches and bus station.

it has its moments I will agree, but to be fair its usually not THAT bad. But it IS a major route for the police etc, and the massive nick is just down the road, so gets a bit messy at times lol.

Nothing amazing though, compared to some other parts of London.
Old 21 January 2008, 01:21 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

When i last went to 'The Smoke' i was taken aroudn by a local, i swear even in the centre i dont think i paid more than 3 quid a pint, and that was only 3 years ago or so.

If you know where to go (and i was with some

Agree about the doormen but I expect they can be niced at £10.00 for a drink. I am pretty sure I could have a cheap night out there as well just ask the kiwi bar men where to drink but the people I was with were a bit sloan ranger and have to go to overpriced places incase the come in contact with poor people.
Old 21 January 2008, 01:23 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

London is full of **** who spend all day justifying why they have spent 500,000 on a two bed flat with no parking!

Everything is overpriced, and there are too many blokes with ponytails!
Old 21 January 2008, 01:28 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8WRX
London is full of **** who spend all day justifying why they have spent 500,000 on a two bed flat with no parking!

2 bed flats for 500k, WHERE !! Bargain or what!
Dont need to park, no one drives as you have to pay to use the roads in central london.

Dont like London much do ya lol

Luan, there you go then, you admit you know there were other places to go. Im sure you could have a really expensive night out in Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow, if you go to all the wrong places there too
Old 21 January 2008, 01:51 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8WRX

WHere can you get 2 beds for 500,000 ? not in zones 1 and 2 thats for sure.
Old 21 January 2008, 03:11 PM
Adidas
Scooby Regular

Question

I went to that london on saturday and frankly I am amazed that anyone would live there. I was taken for lunch in a place that basically charged a fortune for an australian to sell me tradtional english pub food at five times the price of my local pub. The place was full of ****ty old 70's broken furniture and people seemed to think that it was very quaint and interesting when in fact what it was was a dump. My favourite bit was the way they kept telling people they were full when infact the second floor of this 3 floor restaurant was completely empty.

Just out of interest, where do you live?

Quick Reply: 'that London'