Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

BARKING DOGS!!

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2008, 04:40 PM
staffy-bull
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BARKING DOGS!!

Please guys need some serious advice. I live on a small estate, have 2 children and am 35 weeks pregnant.. My neighbour has around 12 springer spaniel dogs that are "WORKING DOGS" BUT live in the garden in kennels, they continously bark all day long whilst he is at work. This is driving me crazy, i have had enviromental health involved last year who brought one of those sound recording devices round and procedded to issue him witha warning to resolve this problem, well he did that for about 2 weeks now it has started again. I dont want to waste the RSPCA'S time as they are fed at night and as they are in kennels they have shelter?? I have contacted the enviromental health again but the gentleman that is dealing with this is away for 2 weeks.. I am just at my witts end with the noise, WHY DONT THEY SEEM TO EVER LOOSE THEIR VOICE??? As i said i have a baby due in 5weeks so cant imagine how it is supposed to sleep through this noise let alone for me to rest.. I have tried to approach my neighbour who just says NOT MY PROBLEM..

Any help would be greatly appreciated
many thanks in advance vicky
Old 28 January 2008, 04:43 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

a name like Staffy Bull has a problem with next doors dogs?

can you not just errmm,,, err, sabotage the fence ,,errr umm.. so the pesky little blighters run off ?

seriously, you need to contact the E.H. even if the guy is away they should have SOMEONE that can call out
HTH
Old 28 January 2008, 04:47 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by staffy-bull
i have had enviromental health involved last year who brought one of those sound recording devices round and procedded to issue him witha warning to resolve this problem,

.. I have tried to approach my neighbour who just says NOT MY PROBLEM..
Frikkin is his problem, it was last year. Ask if his insurance covers massive payouts due to miscarriage.

Try to keep the "gravy-soaked sponge" responses to a minimum please guys.
Old 28 January 2008, 04:48 PM
wilffive
Scooby Regular

Potential breach of planning if hes running kennels from his house. Suggest you also speak to planning enforcement.
Old 28 January 2008, 04:50 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Seriously, do you know what he did for the two weeks when it went quiet, and why he can't do it again? Also, when you say "last year" do you mean December? As if it was August and it was only 2 weeks you should have complained again before now. (Not that that helps, sorry)
Old 28 January 2008, 07:25 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Do you know where these dogs "work"?

May be if they work on a local estate perhaps the estate managers may not realise where this chap houses his dogs and might just have a word. If they won't play ball then, of course, it's a nice story for a local paper - "Young mum-to-be fears for child as barking dogs drive her mad".

Play the pregnancy for all it's worth and get EH in again.

Best of luck. dl

Edit to add. Don't let EH fob you off. If someone's away then demand someone else. Might just be worth chatting to your Dr as it would be nice to have a quote up your sleeve that Dr is worried about you and baby's health because of the noise etc.

Last edited by David Lock; 28 January 2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 28 January 2008, 10:20 PM
DCR59
Scooby Regular

When I stayed at my previous house I had great neighbours for years, but they moved away and the new owners had 2 dogs that yapped constantly everytime they went out into the back garden.

So I bought one of those dog training devices you see advertised in the weekend newspaper mags. They put out a high pitched noise only the dogs could hear. Jammed it on and hid it in the joining fence. Changed the 9v battery once a week, as it was on all the time rather than just for training purposes.

Worked a treat, bloody dogs hardly went out the back again.

We moved about a year later, and I really should go back and change those batteries some time.
Old 29 January 2008, 12:22 AM
mykp
Scooby Regular

get the council involved again. We had a similair problem, neighbours go out at 8am and there dogs started barking at 8:05am and continued until 6pm when they came home. Almost drove my wife mad!

First of all I asked nicely only to be told "f off". He even had the cheek to tell me my dogs bark, when we didnt even have one!. He'd also sit in the garden when we where outside making barking noises!

I involved the council and they issued a writ from the evidence my wife and their tape recorder collected but the noise continued so they took him to court and won. They moved not long after.

I am also pretty sure there is a law that says more than so many animals and you must register as a kennels/cattery as well, phone or email your council they should help.
Old 29 January 2008, 08:26 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

[quote=mykp;7606666]He'd also sit in the garden when we where outside making barking noises! quote]

Are you particular good "barkers" then? Do you do impressions? Have you considered going on a talent show?

Old 29 January 2008, 09:09 AM
Norman D. Landing
Scooby Regular

Have you tried a gravy soa...........oh, never mind.

Seriously, cctv, microphone and Environmental Health.
Old 29 January 2008, 09:34 AM
staffy-bull
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hectic
a name like Staffy Bull has a problem with next doors dogs?

can you not just errmm,,, err, sabotage the fence ,,errr umm.. so the pesky little blighters run off ?

seriously, you need to contact the E.H. even if the guy is away they should have SOMEONE that can call out
HTH
Sorry but that is just wrong, yes i do own Staffordshire Bull Terriers but would not use them to make anyone/anything feel threatend or vunrable, as a dog owner it is my responsability to make sure that my dogs stay on my property and that i maintain the security of our garden. secondly they would just get round there and want to play with them,
Old 29 January 2008, 09:46 AM
staffy-bull
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys for all of your advice so far..Firstyly the neighbour is a game keeper so apparently the dogs are for that purpose but they are at home all the time. MYKP i can relate to what you have written too as these are about the same times that his dogs are doing the barking too. Secondly yes i am heavily pregnant but do not wish to use this as amonition but can appreciate where your coming from. For the 2 weeks that the dogs were quite it was because he actually got his elderly mother to house sit and to go out and tell the dogs off when they started barking. (i have tried shouting at them too but only seems to make them worse).#
Have spoke to the head of E.H again this a.m to see if somebody else maybe able to help with the situation whilst the man is away, someone has just phoned back to say that they can as he was issued with a written warning and because he has made no attempt or effort to sort the matter out they can now begin to pursue with the prosicution, so will wait and see when they come round when they will begin this process,

thanks all for the advice again and will keep you updated
Vicky
Old 29 January 2008, 10:03 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

If he's a gamekeeper then tell him to keep them on the bloody estate where they belong. Tell EH this as it seems a relatively common sense solution. dl
Old 29 January 2008, 12:31 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Keep us up to date, I hope they sort it for you .........