Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Is it me or

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2008, 04:57 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it me or

do you find it hard to take posts by some new joiners seriously, this is not meant as a dig at any legitimate new joiner, after all I don't have many posts myself.

But after reading a couple of threads where 2 people who joined Aug & Dec last year and only have about 30 odd posts each {enough for the infraction thingy situation} start talking and contradicting each other as though it is an attempy to stirr up the populus I just wonder if it is for real or as I suspect for that purpose soley.

You could argue this is a pointless post but I was just curious to others thoughts on it.

Paul.
Old 28 January 2008, 06:20 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

something that bothers me is the recent number of new members signing up and insiting on using ridiculous text speak. ok i admit i personally dont have the dictionary of a thesaurus , but i dont deliberatly use words like "u" "myn" "woz" "coz" "dat" "fink" etc etc.

that personally hacks me off as it shows the devaluation of thses cars to the masses more than ever. possibly this could be seen as snobbish, but its a genuine opinion.
Old 28 January 2008, 06:29 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
something that bothers me is the recent number of new members signing up and insiting on using ridiculous text speak. ok i admit i personally dont have the dictionary of a thesaurus , but i dont deliberatly use words like "u" "myn" "woz" "coz" "dat" "fink" etc etc.

that personally hacks me off as it shows the devaluation of thses cars to the masses more than ever. possibly this could be seen as snobbish, but its a genuine opinion.
Tut tut Andy.. is that TXT SPK??

Old 28 January 2008, 06:32 PM
Seine
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
Of course it has happened, the youngest "classic" is now 8 years old, even the early new age is sub 10k. The impreza now represents the illiterate in society as the Ford XRs once did 15 years ago. the irony of driving an impreza and being a snob is not lost I hope
Old 28 January 2008, 08:54 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

Theres is a young lad at work in a group, who doesnt talk like that but god you should see some of the mongey commments on their myspace. all about "tings and stuff", and gangsta they all look like they have been on police stop america