Multiple wives will mean multiple benefits

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2008, 09:37 PM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiple wives will mean multiple benefits

Multiple wives will mean multiple benefits - Telegraph

One wife would be enough too drive me round the bend never mind 8. Cant decide if they extra income would be worth it.
Old 03 February 2008, 10:12 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

no thanks
just got rid of one, dont want another one !!

I see when you read the full article that it benefits muslims and claiming benefits
Old 03 February 2008, 10:38 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

I personally cannot understand why British law would be watered down or ignored for the sake of other cultures, I really don't. I wouldn't choose to go and live in Saudi Arabia, for instance, because of the alcohol ban and women's rights abuse (the alcohol ban mainly, naturally). Neither would I move there and expect them to exempt me from their laws. Very strange.
Old 03 February 2008, 11:06 PM
BEW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
I personally cannot understand why British law would be watered down or ignored for the sake of other cultures, I really don't.
VOTES!

Hand out benefits to countless migrants,their families,chav scum and every other minority group and those of us who pay for it all get fcuked up the backside to pay for them all!
Old 03 February 2008, 11:08 PM
abbott
Scooby Regular

BNP !!
Old 04 February 2008, 08:41 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Quote from the Sunday Telegraph artical - one reader writes;
"Absolutely unbelievable (Sunday Telegraph " benefits to be made to men with more than one wife". I was born, brought up and educated in this country, have recently retired and having put in 39 years full time NI contributions I now have the princely sum of 106.83 per week to live on. I cannot afford to heat my home during the day, I keep the electricity off as much as possible and then one picks up the Sunday Telegraph and reads, not only of MPs "fraud" with taxpayers money but now benefits will be made to a man with more than one wife. Its time we Britons rose up and protested about the way this country is being run and its people are treated. Come on everyone, remember the Jarrow marches, the General Strike, Ban the Bomb marches and Poll Tax protests? Britons have become soft and apathetic - come on young people - stand up and protest for your country.
Posted by Mrs Lesley Nichols on February 3, 2008 7:03 PM"

and another

"Only this week, it was reported that people on
invalidity benefits were costing the government
billions, and an (ex-)investment banker had been
called in to advise on how significant savings
could be made.

Now the government announces this twaddle!
And how much is this going to cost the
taxpayer?

It appears the Gordon Brown hasn't learnt one
basic lesson about government: Governments
don't have ANY money; they have only the
taxpayers'.

This is a Christian country - only just, perhaps,
but still, nevertheless. Polygamy is outlawed; and
so it should be. It is an unseemly practice.

Encouraging polygamy in this way is accelerating
the Islamization of our country. Moreover, why
should one group of people be entitled to more
state benefits than another one? Is this what they
call British fairplay?
Posted by Mark Alexander on February 3, 2008 4:43 PM"
end quote

so this is how this govenrment treats people who pay in all their lives - now the second class citizen in the NL version of the UK. This could be a lot more of us soon.

I am sure some PC liberal will comment on the indigenous chavs of this country and themm claiming - agreed another big problem and one that needs dealing with but they are two different problems thast need tackling in different ways, having one problem does not make the other right or cancel it out - it means you have two problems!

for some interesting stats and info on migration/immigration have a look at the migration watch website - Welcome to Migration Watch UK

Last edited by The Zohan; 04 February 2008 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04 February 2008, 08:58 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

paul, are you claiming for one post or two
Old 04 February 2008, 09:06 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SwissTony
paul, are you claiming for one post or two
Only one mate, not too sure how it happened so will remove one.

BTW i thought it was illegal in the UK to have more than one wife - bigomy/poligomy surely?!?

If the laws state that a man or woman cannot have more that one (current) partner then they should be stuck by. entry refuse and subsewqunet disclosure would them mean removal after jail for breaking the law - i am sure the will break so eu human rights law however!

I llved in the middle east for nearly a year, if my partner had joined me then we would have needed to get married frst to be compliant with the law there. We where also not entitled to any state benifits as they only supported the indigenous population and also no job - no visa, no access to the country!

How it should be!

Last edited by The Zohan; 04 February 2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04 February 2008, 09:25 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood

for some interesting stats and info on migration/immigration have a look at the migration watch website - Welcome to Migration Watch UK
Hardly the most neutral of websites

With regards to multiple benefits for multiple wives, it's obviously a nonsense. However, I would like to see the actual statement rather than the Torygraphs reporting.
Old 04 February 2008, 09:33 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
Hardly the most neutral of websites

With regards to multiple benefits for multiple wives, it's obviously a nonsense. However, I would like to see the actual statement rather than the Torygraphs reporting.

TBH peter stats are being twisted by just about everybody and especially the gov't. At least thay are not another so called independant who sucks up to the gov't!

from time to time i have heard interviews with migrationwatch i have found myself nodding along in agreement.

My work from time to time brings me into contact with all sorts of private and public organisations and from my own experience i have a pretty good idea of waht is going on.

I know your differs and i hope that in the end your utpoian society is the winner and works because what i see often does not.

Please pass some coments on the two replies i posted and tell me how you would feel in their shoes - or perhaps they are just plants from the BNP just stirring things up.

oh and i suppose this is all lies as well peter, on a slightly different but not unconnected matter.
BBC NEWS | Health | 'No plans' for migrant birth rate

LIVE BIRTHS BY COUNTRY OF BIRTH OF MOTHER
Births by British-born mothers down 44,000
Births by all foreign-born mothers up 64,000
Births by mothers born in Eastern Europe up 15,000
Births by mothers born in Indian subcontinent up 11,000
Births by mothers born in Africa up 8,000
Source: ONS/BBC

Last edited by The Zohan; 04 February 2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 04 February 2008, 09:39 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Please pass some coments on the two replies i posted and tell me how you would feel in their shoes - or perhaps they are just plants from the BNP just stirring things up.
No, no - I think they obviously have valid concerns. Not sure I agree with the second correspondance with regards to the Islamisation of the country, that's going a bit overboard - But obviously his sentiments are right with regards to polygamy. Not because I think it should be outlawed - I think if a man wants to have 20 wives, then good luck to him. Just don't expect me to pay for them.

To be fair, neither comes across as being "BNP" just genuine people with concerns.

(although the silly moo should have got a private pension on the go - no excuse these days )
Old 04 February 2008, 10:00 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Advert british male, married with children, seeking upto 6 wives. Duties will be companionship for existing wife, cooking, cleaning, SEX. All will be paid for by state contributions. Rotas will be arranged for duties

Andy

Cant beat them join em
Old 04 February 2008, 10:10 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
(although the silly moo should have got a private pension on the go - no excuse these days )
It is silly moos like this that have paid in all their working lives that fund the system and are the bacxkbone, her and many other men and women who are sick of seeing their taxes wasted and systems abused mate!
37 years doing so, you would have thought as she did that she would be able to heat her home properly.

she is just retired, comes from a different era, may well have split from a husband, not getting the benefits of his or whatever.

so she pays in all her life and that is now her reality. just does not seem right.

i do feel the money is being spent in the wrong areas and in some cases on the wrong people first. heh, that's my opinion and you are entitled to it

Last edited by The Zohan; 04 February 2008 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04 February 2008, 11:06 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I agree in general with what Paul said. The link to Migration Watch was interesting too.

I believe that all these illogical actions from these plonkers is really based on gaining as many votes for themselves as possible. In other words, they are again buying them with taxpayers' money. Wilson tried the same trick with the Ugandan immigrants after Idi Amin's dreadful performance, the only thing was that most of the immigrants voted Conservative when they got he chance.

This latest scam is unbelievable and I think must be illegal. It is interesting that they did not make a public announcement about it either!

Les
Old 04 February 2008, 08:39 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Leslie
This latest scam is unbelievable and I think must be illegal. It is interesting that they did not make a public announcement about it either!

Les

It seems the laws are a bit of a grey area, would have thought being primarily a chhiirstain country it was black and white. Also EU human rights laws being called into question wording such as it being a private family matter. So that will then cover incest, child abuse and some murders then will it?!?

Great Britian - PAH!
Old 05 February 2008, 12:52 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

So why are they so hot on Bigamy Paul if it is a grey area? As far as indigenous Brits are concerned of course!

I am still loyal to this country and the Queen however, despite these evil plonkers who are deliberately trying to destroy our once great country for their own selfish reasons. I believe the situation is still retrievable with the right kind of strong leader who feels the same way.

Les

Last edited by Leslie; 05 February 2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05 February 2008, 01:56 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
So why are they so hot on Bigamy Paul if it is a grey area? As far as indigenous Brits are concerned of course!

I am still loyal to this country and the Queen however, despite these evil plonkers who are deliberately trying to destroy our once great country for their own selfish reasons. I believe the situation is still retrievable with the right kind of strong leader who feels the same way.

Les
Quote fro the telegraph les, looks like our laws will be bent to suit whoever mate.

More of our identity, more of our beliefs, more of our values (and their ain't many left) erroded.

"Even though bigamy is a crime in Britain, the decision by ministers means that polygamous marriages can now be recognised formally by the state, so long as the weddings took place in countries where the arrangement is legal."
Old 05 February 2008, 01:59 PM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem is the Government. Quite frankly, to a point I couldn't care less if someone arrived here with five wives(as much as I don't agree with polygamy) so long as they support themselves. I personally have a problem with the benefit system in many ways from what I see happening around me, and feel it is long overdue that this was looked at to stop people (whoever they are) from abusing it.

It seems to be the Government are out to help anybody and everybody except from those who work hard, pay into the system, and don't abuse the systems in place to help us.
Old 05 February 2008, 02:04 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
The problem is the Government. Quite frankly, to a point I couldn't care less if someone arrived here with five wives(as much as I don't agree with polygamy) so long as they support themselves. I personally have a problem with the benefit system in many ways from what I see happening around me, and feel it is long overdue that this was looked at to stop people (whoever they are) from abusing it.

It seems to be the Government are out to help anybody and everybody except from those who work hard, pay into the system, and don't abuse the systems in place to help us.
spot on, should be able to support themsleves and/or have a job to come to and no indigenous perosn could fill it. once we have 100% employment and spare capacity then fine otherwise we are giving jobs out when we have people here already who could do them.

This would of course neeed to be tied into the benefits system so it was not so attractive to those who feel the country owes them a living.

Whole raft of things need to be looked at - none of it impossible or too difficult to deal with - i think the problem, is having the ***** and commitiment and drive to do it.
NL are not up to it, who else, who knows.

come a time the working classes - and by that i mean those of us who work and contribute will have had just about enough - not sure when though.
Old 05 February 2008, 02:11 PM
Lisawrx

As much as we complain, I think so many of us have become so disheartened to take action. People see no real solution, as you say because no one has the ***** to tackle some of the problems we face. Solutions are often not so complicated, it's just finding someone who will take a stand.
Old 05 February 2008, 02:51 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

whos best to vots for to sort all this out then, when poll time comes.
Old 05 February 2008, 02:53 PM
GenericUser
Scooby Regular

It sounds like a fair and reasonable decision to me. If someone finds themselves having to claim benefits then they should surely be able to claim for all their dependents like anyone else would?