Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Is the dog making a point ?

Search this Thread

Old 04 February 2008, 11:04 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is the dog making a point ?

Our dog is getting on for 15, blind, deaf and the subject of many a thread on here, she isnt really much trouble, just sleeps eats and poos.

Anyway, we have a lovely little 12 week old Jack Russell puppy staying with us for a week, she is sleeping in a cage as she cant be trusted not to chew things, our dog seems to be the target most of the time as she pesters and our old one isn't impressed, she has had a right mood on, definitely has a different demanour at the moment mooching round and doesnt even come over to be made a fuss of and to top it all and I think this was a protest, she upended the clean washing and "nested" in it, my dressing gown, the kids school clothes all impregnated with Eau de Spaniel.

She has never done this before, year in year out the washing has been in the same place, is this coincidental or is the dog sulking ?

Its nice having the puppy though and I dont think we will hold out much longer and will get one over summer, the old one will have to lump it or get used to it.
Old 04 February 2008, 11:07 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a territory thing.

Parents got a pup while the old one had about a year left, I didn't live there but I got the feeling that it helped it on its way rather than giving it a new lease of youth. (I know your thoughts on that!)
Old 04 February 2008, 12:23 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jacko, I remember your last thread when you mentioned the vet said it would be a good idea to get a puppy for your older dog and I thought then, what another load of generalised bol locks spoken by a vet.

A new dog introduced now has really pi ssed him off and probably put him on edge as he won't get any peace at all from the puppy, who won't give a plop about him.

As Brendan said, in all the cases I've seen it's appeared to help the older dogs demise. If a puppy can stretch the limits of a healthy human then it doesn't seem that illogical does it.
Old 04 February 2008, 09:39 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spoon, spot on, luckily its only temporary with the pup, I think we will have to wait really, took the little one round to the in laws as we were out and I think the old one cottoned on and seemed happy until the cage returned complete with the enemy.