Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Another reason why emigrating to Australia might be a good idea.

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2008, 03:47 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another reason why emigrating to Australia might be a good idea.

Probably SAIL, but what the hell.

Shame our Government can't/won't take the same stance.

Prime Minister John Howard - Australia
Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves,
British citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths.
Old 06 February 2008, 03:48 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Great speech and I endorse it all, but a HUGE SIAL.

Sorry.
Old 06 February 2008, 03:49 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Has been posted a few times before, agree with some of his sentiments.

No mention of the aboriginals that lived there before us 'whities' colonised Aus though

still, Gordon 'chubby' Brown should take note and show some guts and grow some b@lls!
Old 06 February 2008, 03:58 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Ahhh but do the Ozzies own Australia?

Anyway, John Howards no longer PM either, shows how that speech had an impact on voting
Old 06 February 2008, 03:58 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

This one has certainly done the rounds via email.

Is there a link to a video of Prime Minister John Howard actually saying this?

Nick
Old 06 February 2008, 04:07 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Angry

FLAGRANT sial
Old 06 February 2008, 04:09 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately all the Christian stuff has been added after the fact. Australia is one of the more secular nations.

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Muslims Out of Australia!
What I've said is that this is a country, which is founded on a democracy. According to our Constitution, we have a secular state. Our laws are made by the Australian Parliament. If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you. This is not the kind of country where you would feel comfortable if you were opposed to democracy, parliamentary law, independent courts and so I would say to people who don't feel comfortable with those values there might be other countries where they'd feel more comfortable with their own values or beliefs.
Transcript - Australian values, Muslim clerics, anti-Americanism, Telstra - Interview with Tony Jones, Lateline [24/08/2005]
Old 06 February 2008, 04:13 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

So if we ignore the SIAL, the made up quotes and the fact they killed all the Australians when they colonised the place.....good post.
Old 06 February 2008, 04:15 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It was such a good speech he even got voted out
Old 06 February 2008, 04:20 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tiggs
So if we ignore the SIAL, the made up quotes and the fact they killed all the Australians when they colonised the place.....good post.
Not "all" of them, I've seen the odd aboriginal in Crocodile Dundee!
Old 06 February 2008, 04:23 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Probably SAIL, but what the hell.

Shame our Government can't/won't take the same stance.

Prime Minister John Howard - Australia
Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.'

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves,
British citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths.
Wasn't this a BNP propaganda email, similar to the 'Stop the govenment building a Mosque the size of St Pauls' circular.

The bit highlighted in red says it all for me; aren't Muslims British too?
Old 06 February 2008, 04:24 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Olly - got played by an actor from Los Angeles
Old 06 February 2008, 04:27 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Can we ask Webby if he can put this on Scoobynet automatically on a weekly basis to save the posters the trouble ?

Agree with the sentiment, btw.
Old 06 February 2008, 08:26 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Wouldn't ever happen here tho - I think we'll end up going the other way and be one of the first countries in Europe to become an Islamic state. Holland will no doubt be the first, and maybe France second.
Old 06 February 2008, 09:00 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Do us a favour Fance do there level best to contain any sort of north african revolt - certainly not going to change under Sarkosy
Old 07 February 2008, 12:38 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Some Muslim leaders are saying at the moment that Britain should be under Sharia law and that it would be a good thing for us all!

Les
Old 07 February 2008, 01:09 PM
SetoN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Some Muslim leaders are saying at the moment that Britain should be under Sharia law and that it would be a good thing for us all!

Les
Would we get to stone chavs and gangs of thugs to death?

if so, im off to the mosque
Old 07 February 2008, 01:12 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
FLAGRANT sial
FLAGRANT this : fcukoff.
Old 07 February 2008, 01:15 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
The bit highlighted in red says it all for me; aren't Muslims British too?
TBH Martin, I didn't ralise the `red` bit was on there. I just copied and pasted it off an email I got sent.

If I'd realised it was on, I'd have took it off. I hate all that "Pass it on cr*p"

To late now.
Old 07 February 2008, 03:50 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

It's loosely based on some comments that Peter Costello, deputy PM, said in reference to radical islamists and those who wanted Sharia law in Australia.

Costello to violent Muslims: get out - National - smh.com.au