Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Give me some reasons to choose the Nokia E90 over the N95 8GB

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2008, 09:17 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Give me some reasons to choose the Nokia E90 over the N95 8GB

Yeah I know it's boring but so is trying to make my mind up and I'm fed up with umming and ahhing

Please help me decide

Oh and BTW I'm going out now and won't be back to see this thread until lunchtime so NO MUPPETISING
Old 07 February 2008, 09:34 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Bump..... even though this post is rather dull
Old 07 February 2008, 09:38 AM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

right ill give you the reasons not to buy an n95 ( i work in a phone shop) i havnt seen the e90 yet as orange are slow to get phones but...

nokia seemed good at first when i bought it for £90 on a contract the day it came out (bare in mind this is the basic n95 not the 8gb but ther are no real major differences) i was using hte phone, and i noticed just how slow it was, way too slow, slower than the average nokia anyway. as i was using it i was playing around with the camera, which is good if after you take the pic you hold still for a few seconds otherwise it will blur, and it is slow to take pictures. i noticed the batery was starting to run out, but i thought, na this is ok iv just been using it too much. not the case atall. few weeks later i was noticing the battery wasnt lastin a day, i was barely using it and it would run out before 6 pm. sometimes as early as 4 o clock in the afternoon! the build quality of the phone was crap as it rattled a little bit and never felt that solid as other nokia slide phones do. ive always been a nokia person but this one really ruined that one for me. if i were u id steer clear of one. read some reviews if you want a second opinion

and sorry to have written an essay
Old 07 February 2008, 10:13 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

You should get a Sony Ericsson Sal, much better than the Nokia's.

W960 is nice.
Old 07 February 2008, 10:16 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Compare phones - GSMArena.com

decide for yourself lol
Old 07 February 2008, 10:20 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by subaruturbo_18
right ill give you the reasons not to buy an n95 ( i work in a phone shop) i havnt seen the e90 yet as orange are slow to get phones but...

nokia seemed good at first when i bought it for £90 on a contract the day it came out (bare in mind this is the basic n95 not the 8gb but ther are no real major differences) i was using hte phone, and i noticed just how slow it was, way too slow, slower than the average nokia anyway. as i was using it i was playing around with the camera, which is good if after you take the pic you hold still for a few seconds otherwise it will blur, and it is slow to take pictures. i noticed the batery was starting to run out, but i thought, na this is ok iv just been using it too much. not the case atall. few weeks later i was noticing the battery wasnt lastin a day, i was barely using it and it would run out before 6 pm. sometimes as early as 4 o clock in the afternoon! the build quality of the phone was crap as it rattled a little bit and never felt that solid as other nokia slide phones do. ive always been a nokia person but this one really ruined that one for me. if i were u id steer clear of one. read some reviews if you want a second opinion

and sorry to have written an essay
on the other hand, i have been using one since launch and love it. if you take it at face value, that its a phone with extras it performs very well. versitile, good camera, and by all accounts the 8gb is a very different phone, with lots of early issues addressed, here you go.

Compare phones - GSMArena.com
Old 07 February 2008, 11:22 AM
Freak
Scooby Regular

N95 is the best phone I have had.
Turn off all the crap you wont need - like constant GPRS, bluetooth, packet data, and video calling (sticking it in GSM mode saves lots of battery all by itself), and exit the applications properly instead of leaving them running in the background, and you will find it to be fine on battery life.
Its faster than the N80 and the camera is excellent- but yes you do have to hold it a little longer on ocassion...

As for the rattle, look on youtube or google for n95 slide fix... takes a torx screwdriver, some selotape, and about 20 mins and the rattle will be fixed for good.
Old 07 February 2008, 12:34 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am really happy with my N95, wouldnt call it slow really, much faster than the N70 and N80's I had before, you cant compare it to normal phones really, its running a full O/S with all the benefits that brings.

I am never impressed with the Sony's, My dad has one and video that plays fine on My N95 is choppy and out of sync on his, the screens poo in comparison.

I dont need a digital camera most of the time as the camera is great, will never use my camcorder again as the video is so good, It syncs with my outlook at work, I can store loads of data on it, the MP3 players sounds really good and you can use normal headphones.

I cant find a phone I would rather have, I dont see any other phone that compares at the moment
Old 07 February 2008, 01:17 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Thanks chaps, all this information really helps