Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What to expect when selling a car....

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2008, 05:42 PM
GOLDMAN 555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to expect when selling a car....

I have a BMW M3 CSL that I have owned about one year. It's a pretty cool car but drinks petrol like there's no tomorrow. It makes Scooby's fuel consumption look like a Prius..... seriously.

I have decided to off load it.

The car has had five previous owners even though it is only four years old(one was BMW themselves).

I hawked it round a few places and everybody offers me £5,000 less than trade in- book value (£1000 for every owner).

Is this usual? I had no idea that owners had such a massive effect on the price.....
Old 07 February 2008, 08:38 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Performance car, expect decent enthusiasts who may object to the number of owners and complete Bell End test pilots, use Auto Traders phone service or your answerphone to vet who comes round, have a friend on hand to ome with you on a test drive as apart from the previosu types there are criminals, make it clear there is no messing or opportunity for any messing.

Take cash or a cheque and only let the car go when it's clear, if it feels wrong bail out, I sell quite a few cars and have a feel for it, most people are ok but for a CSL the ********* will come out of the woodwork, allow no leeway as you will get fooked over.

I got £650 more for out old Sharan than trade in and £1200 more for a freind selling an A class (took a px as well) so its worth selling private just be very careful, make sure they are insured before they drive it, non negotiable on such a high value powerful car, in a £800 quid Golf I will let them drive, otherwise its pay for it or listen to me drive it.