Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

anyone got the sony ericsson w960i?

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2008, 08:19 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile anyone got the sony ericsson w960i?

just got it yesterday from phones4u in meadowhall.

story behind was the following. i did have the sony w880i, which although a good phone was prone to faults. these included...

not letting me make outgoing calls
not opening certain contact details
switching off when trying to make calls
refusing to send messages to certain contacts
refusing to delete certain contact details etc.

so i rings up vodafone and to be honest theyre very helpful, phones under warranty etc so wouldnt cost me a penny to fix. but i wouldnt have a phone, and it would cost me to hire one from vodafone wheil they fix mine.

as there is only 4 months left on this contract, i thought bugger it il get a new phone, pop the simcard out this one and let the mrs use it in her trusty nokia.

so anyways after farting about in scunny to no avail, i went to meadowhall and striaght to phones4u and see what they could do for me.

they offered me the phone for free (£500) and 750 mins/3000 texts p.m. for £40 on vodafone which is what i stipulated.

wasnt too keen to swap networks or brand as i have plenty of accessories and vodafone have always been good with me.

so cut a long story short, i knocked down my old number to £20 a month for the mrs to use for the remaining 4 months and got me this new sony, which is pretty much all singign all dancing pda

my thinking is when the other phone comes back nice and fixed, flog it on ebay for £50 or something to get rid, as it should by then be 100% sorted.

quite big, bit slim, and very impressed thus far.

any other opinions on it? i was tempted by the n95-8gb, but really like the walkman on the sony ericsson and simplicity.
Old 20 February 2008, 08:35 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking at one too. I gather it has the same functionality as the SE P1i, i.e. it's a highly spec'd smart phone, but without the qwerty keyboard.

Keep us upto date if it's any good.
Old 20 February 2008, 08:36 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gpssti4
I'm looking at one too. I gather it has the same functionality as the SE P1i, i.e. it's a highly spec'd smart phone, but without the qwerty keyboard.

Keep us upto date if it's any good.
yeah, i dont know what the f**k you just said

but you sound smart man
Old 20 February 2008, 09:21 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
you sound smart man
Sorry, to decieve you - but it ain't true

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
yeah, i dont know what the f**k you just said
Basically, it's a complicated bit of kit. It can be used to browse the interweb, play MP3's, watch video, read email, has a good touchscreen etc etc. Should be a great phone if Sony Erricson have sortedd out their software issues with this type of phone. Oh, it also makes phone calls too
Old 20 February 2008, 10:26 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gpssti4
Sorry, to decieve you - but it ain't true

Basically, it's a complicated bit of kit. It can be used to browse the interweb, play MP3's, watch video, read email, has a good touchscreen etc etc. Should be a great phone if Sony Erricson have sortedd out their software issues with this type of phone. Oh, it also makes phone calls too
seriously, it does all that. my main requirements were the walkman, decent phone capabilities, newish out, stylish and a good battery.

ticks all the boxes, where as the nokia didnt.
Old 20 February 2008, 08:32 PM
Andy T
Scooby Regular

Location: Northampton Xbox360 Tag - GTMonkeyboy Project-Stealth Wagon WIP

Love mine

Had a few problems in 1st few days thou, mainly getting used to user menu and connecting to PC. Nowt too serious

Using menus with the Jog Wheel and touch screen becomes easier with time after using the joypad/stick layout SEs since the T68i and onward to W850i.

Battery is same as W850i but life is shorter between charges. No USB port like Nokia and still using SE connector is poor at times, but plus side I have chargers in most rooms and all PCs have an SE cable connected to them as I have so many spare cables !! HP Ipaq is feeling redundant at the moment, but is super fast compaired to sometimes sleepy W960i. Both have trouble with the WiFi (newly) secured home network.

Overall really pleased with it, walkman is good, does everything it says it can,good 3MP zoom camera,8GB is more music and video than the battery life can power,dont forget the RDS radio either.Never bored. If in doubt, try it.

HTH