Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

has the terminator been well and truly ruined?

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2008, 11:20 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has the terminator been well and truly ruined?

does any one watch the terminator films? or enjoy them in anyway?

any fan will know that the first and second films were brilliant. then they made a third, not the best idea but if sort of worked....sort of.

and if that wasnt enough there is now terminator, sarah conner chronicles.

why the f**k ruin such a good films by trying to bring out newer versions.

i have literally just seen the advert and it pi**ed me off so i thought id come on here and shout an swear a little to get it out my system

does anyone else agree?

rant over
Old 20 February 2008, 11:41 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

The first was tacky and corny but will remain a cult film, i actually didn't mind the third although the second was best imo.

Just seen the first episode of the Sarah Conner Chronicles and thought it was ok if not fantastic
Old 20 February 2008, 11:43 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

When i went to the pictures to watch the eagerley awaited second Terminator film i swear the hairs on my neck stood up when the opening sequence was played.
Old 21 February 2008, 03:44 AM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

I tried to watch it, but couldn't. I thought it was rubbish...too much feminism creeping into TV shows these days.

The first film was the best IMO, and I saw an uncut "copy" in 1984 where you can see the head of the operator of the robot as it breaks through the metal door before it get's crushed.
Old 21 February 2008, 07:36 PM
ScoobyWeb
Scooby Regular

And to top it off T4 will be released in 2009. Arnie won't be starring but it has got some high profile actors lined up including Daniel Day-Lewis. I kid you not. I believe it goes back to the beginning.

Edit* Just looked on wiki. It will be a sequel to T3 and will cover the start of skynet. Christian Bale will star as John Connor. It does not mention Day-Lewis but Jonothan ross mentioned him on his film show.

Last edited by ScoobyWeb; 21 February 2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 21 February 2008, 07:58 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWeb
Edit* Just looked on wiki. It will be a sequel to T3 and will cover the start of skynet. Christian Bale will star as John Connor. It does not mention Day-Lewis but Jonothan ross mentioned him on his film show.
T4 just shouldnt be made - film studio's always milk it till the series is dead. Police Academy 8 anyone? T3 just about got away with it, but I can't see T4.

Without Arnie it'll be ****e, and theyre bound to introduce some annoying little kid who beats up the terminator and saves the day etc

I'm looking forward to Indiana Jones 4 because its going to have the original team behind it, and Harrison Ford back while he can just about still pull the role off, but if that turns out to be a letdown it really damages the whole series.
Old 21 February 2008, 08:05 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
T4 just shouldnt be made - film studio's always milk it till the series is dead. Police Academy 8 anyone?
Which nearly got made by the way It wouldn't be the same as a couple of the stars have either passed on (David Graff (Tackleberry) & Deborah Lee Scott (Mrs Fackler)) or the rest are just getting too old.
Old 21 February 2008, 08:18 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Im sure christian bale would do a great job on t4 so long it has a decent storyline.

He did great with batman begins afterall.
Old 22 February 2008, 08:35 PM
ScoobyWeb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hux309
Im sure christian bale would do a great job on t4 so long it has a decent storyline.

He did great with batman begins afterall.

My thoughts exactly. Plus if its true that Day-Lewis is to star then it may be a good film as Day-Lewis usually chooses his films carefully. I thought the original Terminator film was class for its time and T2 was great apart from a little cornyness. T3 was ****e though.
Old 22 February 2008, 08:45 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Just wait....

You'll see a cross-over film where the Terminator film plot merges with that of the Matrix

Where Skynet wins the the war, and uses humans to feed its ever increasing need for power. It (Skynet), however had difficulty using humans for power without stimulating their minds, and thus, the Matrix was devised.

Old 22 February 2008, 08:52 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Shark Man
Just wait....

You'll see a cross-over film where the Terminator film plot merges with that of the Matrix

Where Skynet wins the the war, and uses humans to feed its ever increasing need for power. It (Skynet), however had difficulty using humans for power without stimulating their minds, and thus, the Matrix was devised.

That sounds like a very plausible crossover.