Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Saw someone get pulled today - and bloody pleased too

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2008, 11:22 PM
James Neill
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saw someone get pulled today - and bloody pleased too

Driving home on the M40 this evening. Bunch of cars are stuck in the middle land with a load in the fast lane. Basically no one moving to the left. After a while, the middle lane hoggers move over and sure enough some guy in a new model Passat cuts up the middle before you've even blinked or decided whether to move over.

He steams up the middle lane until he's stopped by a lane hogger. At which point he tries moving to the fast lane. But there is no gap. He barges in to a space that wasn't there. Brake lights all over the shop. I'm a little way behind him now. But he continues to cut inside and then barge back in to non existant spaces. All the time people honking and flashing lights.

Then out of nowhere a black Range Rover comes storming up the inside. I think - hey up somone has had enough and wants to "give the Passat a lesson". I fall back a little thinking this is gonna get nasty. For a few seconds, it looks like the Passat and Range Rover are trying it on with each other. Everyone else is starting to keep their distance. I can just imagine the Passat guy with the red mist getting pissed that the Range Rover is doing what he's doing.

Then all of a sudden the Range Rover lights up announcing its a police vehicle and Mr Passats world must have come crashing in. Must have realised what an **** he was being. Hope he gets banned. At least a jolly good bollocking.

It's one thing undertaking when people don't move over. But compleetly different driving like a look when the red mist descends. Since when does he have the right to put other peoples lives in danger like that. So many people were having to brake and try and avoid the guy.
Old 21 February 2008, 11:23 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Superb

Got to love it when it all goes wrong for muppets like that
Old 21 February 2008, 11:37 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

No need for being dangerous but I'd like to say I feel for the guy and anybody else having to commute daily on todays largely talentless roads.
Old 22 February 2008, 01:05 AM
Eddie1980
Scooby Regular

I have done 400 miles today... M18..M62..M6..over the top back through woodhead etc

By mile 350 I was quite prepared to kill people for being indecisive at empty roundabouts... However my driving remained the same, I agree the roads are full of talentless idiots with only one working eye containing a cataract meaning they cannot judge distance or see more then about 10 feet.

That though is no reason to drive like a ****!
Old 22 February 2008, 08:34 AM
apples24
Scooby Regular

i think the most annjoying thing is when im in the recovery truck, car on the back and one on the spec, prob best part of 6 tonne and 40 foot long, i sit at safe speeds leave long distances as i know emergency stops are something you really dont want to entertain, costantly some numpty slides in the gap, annoys the hell out of me, other one is on hills etc i really dont want to take foot off throttle as will slow right down otherwise, numpty again in front slows right down then decides to throttle and speed off leaving me behind holding up all the other cars behind, last year i was driving down the a27 and i girlin a 106 pulled out right infront of me, on the brakes handbrake up loads of skidding and time to change the underware, only once i had stopped i noticed a kiddie in the back of her car. talk about stoopid.
needless to say i had a few kind words and gestures, mind you the look on her face i doubt she will do it again

i allways have the beacons on if im on local roads etc to give other drivers notice of the impending danger should they be stupid brainless *****, they never take note and sometimes i feel i must be invisible.

pls take note of big vehicles its your life your playing with

Last edited by apples24; 22 February 2008 at 08:37 AM.
Old 22 February 2008, 11:39 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

I'm sure if more people called up and reported dangerous driving giving time and location, then if a pattern emerges (i.e. the guy is on his daily commute) then I'm sure traffic police will pursue an interest.

I'd have hoped so anyway.
Old 22 February 2008, 11:51 AM
Dr.No
Scooby Regular

Perhaps it was Torchwood and he's an alien with no idea of the Highway Code?

Old 22 February 2008, 01:10 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Lack of patience can never justify downright dangerous driving.

Les