Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Think I just had road rage... arrogant ****

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2008, 11:40 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Think I just had road rage... arrogant ****

Pulling off the main road onto a side road, there is a car waiting to pull out from the road into the flow of traffic I was coming from....

I signalled as I always do, and as I reached the junction begun turning... I my amazement as I was side on to the car waiting to turn, he begins to pull out. I came off the brake hoping to carry enough speed through the corner to avoid collision, but he is still turning.
I gave it some gas, and gently accelerated out of harms way, sounding my horn to get his attention and came to a safe stop...

I wind my window down to ask him what the hell he is doing, and just got a dirty look, he mouthed something and drove off.

Shame on me, but I spun the car, and drove back after him.... Stopped one car back at lights, and one car to the left... and then decided, he is a frickin plank and aint even worth my words.

But I am however left fuming about it.

How arrogant do people need to be. Made a mistake, "oh sheeet sorry mate" would have done fine. If I had not acted I would now be getting the details from the driver of some pikey 800 series rover on a J plate, and wondering how well they would be able to repair my OSR door and 1/4.

Phew, venting feels good!
Old 08 March 2008, 12:36 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

you need eyes up your jacksy sometimes mate....

you did the best thing.
Old 08 March 2008, 12:38 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Snaz,

I have actually stopped cars and vented my opinion before, which in hindsight is not too clever, I am a moderately buoldt person not large by any means although people do say I look a bit phil mitchell ish so thats maybe why I have always been lucky lol, it is frustraiting when people do it and they always look at you as if it was your fault {which it clearly wasnt}.

Anyway take a deep breath and have a coffee {or tea} and relax it is just not worth the hassle

i did also mean to say sometimes if you stop someone you never know what the outcome will be shot, stabbed or just bored to death
paul.

Last edited by PaulC72; 08 March 2008 at 12:39 PM. Reason: really really wanted to add more so I did :)
Old 08 March 2008, 12:48 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

We were driving down a long, wide, straight A road in Lincolnshire with good visibilty all round and were approaching a crossroads (our right of way). As we were almost on top of the crossroads a girl approached from the left to cross the A road that we were on.

However she was on her phone, not paying attention and instead of pulling up at the junction carried straight on into our path It was only the fact that Bob has bloody quick reactions that saved her from going straight into our passenger side and crushing me! She braked hard and stopped behind us in the middle of the road. We had to swerve into the face of oncoming traffic but there was nothing coming at that present moment thank god!

Bob quickly pulled into the side of the road, reversed back at high speed (there was nothing behind), jumped out of the car and ran up to the driver's window of the car that had nearly hit us. Believe it or not she was still sat in the middle of the road on her phone!

Bob went absolutely ape at her and I mean ape and was shouting so much that he made her cry. To be honest she deserved it, I was still so shocked from the nearly accident that I couldn't move. When I think about it now it still makes me mad

That's her lack of driving ability, not Bob shouting at her BTW
Old 08 March 2008, 12:56 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Should have taken her phone and jumped on it. Somehow I doubt she'd have reported it!
Old 08 March 2008, 01:05 PM
markr1963
Scooby Regular

Perhaps Plod should spend a little more time dealing with this - surely they could make this into as big a money spinner as speeding. Got the same problem over here. Now your average Aussie driver in WA is feckin useless at the best of times but it's scary how many have a phone glued to their ear. The penalties have been raised recently to $250 fine and 3 demerits (12 and you're out) but it won't make any difference. Have these folks not heard of Bluetooth?

And don't get me started about those in a car that don't/won't wear a seat belt Driver has liability over here now

Mark
Old 08 March 2008, 02:13 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Cheers Dazza, I thought so too
Paul, I too have done that, forced a guy to stop a couple of years back, jumped out and fronted him about it. 2 guys in the car, I was on my own, both quite big, bit then im a bit above average myself..... lol

Not clever, in fact rather stupid thing to do, but the end result was he was seriously shocked at me stopping him, and apologised seeming quite genuine in the process.

Thankfully I have managed to control myself recently, not that I would actually hit someone anyway. But recent times, stresses etc I guess it got the better of me. I am chilled now though

Hopefully he will pull out onto the edge of a cliff without looking some time soon

Scoobychick, sounds like some of the muppets I have come across in the years of driving. The most worrying part is 90% dont even take responsibility for their actions.

My sister took a cyclist off a few months back. MEGA shaken up by it, her not him. She was pulling into a Shell station, and turned in his path.

My worry is, when I asked her where he was, road or pavement, she didnt have a clue! So right until point of impact she still had not seen him! She was not even sure WHERE her car was at the time of the impact.
Prime candidate to stop driving.

Trending Topics

Old 08 March 2008, 02:17 PM
moff1888
Scooby Regular

I have just had someday get road rage at me because HE pulled out and nearly side swiped me!!!
Slip road onto a 2 lane 40mph dual carriageway, he pulled/swerved into the inside lane of the dual carriage and decided to keep on coming out into the outside lane just as i was along side him. Pulled up right behind me flashing etc, i intially thought he was saying sorry - oh how wrong i was.

I finally found a space for my junction and pulled in and along comes numpty ballacks in his "armoured plated" people carrier still flashing and calling me a wonker.

Had i not had my missus in the car and noticed that he had a wagon full of kids i was all set for the pointless act of chasing him until i felt better

Still at least i took my frustration out on a nice clear bit of motorway, that helped.
Old 08 March 2008, 02:24 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

People these days don't have the ***** to admit to a mistake
Old 08 March 2008, 02:30 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TopBanana
People these days don't have the ***** to admit to a mistake
Sad aint it!
A simple "sorry" usually prevents the anger and red mist, that we should all of course know better, and be able to control.

Moff, sounds like a right plank mate! Amazing how many of them there are out there eh!
Old 08 March 2008, 03:37 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
Pulling off the main road onto a side road, there is a car waiting to pull out from the road into the flow of traffic I was coming from....

I signalled as I always do, and as I reached the junction begun turning... I my amazement as I was side on to the car waiting to turn, he begins to pull out. I came off the brake hoping to carry enough speed through the corner to avoid collision, but he is still turning.
I gave it some gas, and gently accelerated out of harms way, sounding my horn to get his attention and came to a safe stop...

I wind my window down to ask him what the hell he is doing, and just got a dirty look, he mouthed something and drove off.

Shame on me, but I spun the car, and drove back after him.... Stopped one car back at lights, and one car to the left... and then decided, he is a frickin plank and aint even worth my words.

But I am however left fuming about it.

How arrogant do people need to be. Made a mistake, "oh sheeet sorry mate" would have done fine. If I had not acted I would now be getting the details from the driver of some pikey 800 series rover on a J plate, and wondering how well they would be able to repair my OSR door and 1/4.

Phew, venting feels good!
was you turning left or right mike? im trying to picture the scenario in my head but its full of cuddly teddies at the min
Old 08 March 2008, 04:02 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
was you turning left or right mike? im trying to picture the scenario in my head but its full of cuddly teddies at the min
lol I was turning right into the side road... he was waiting in the said side road, waiting to turn right on to the road I was travelling on
Old 08 March 2008, 04:04 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

moff1888

That sadly makes you a bigger "criminal" in this current climate....

Bollocks to 'em all !

DunxC
Old 08 March 2008, 05:17 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Originally Posted by moff1888
I have just had someday get road rage at me because HE pulled out and nearly side swiped me!!!
Slip road onto a 2 lane 40mph dual carriageway, he pulled/swerved into the inside lane of the dual carriage and decided to keep on coming out into the outside lane just as i was along side him. Pulled up right behind me flashing etc, i intially thought he was saying sorry - oh how wrong i was.

I finally found a space for my junction and pulled in and along comes numpty ballacks in his "armoured plated" people carrier still flashing and calling me a wonker.

Had i not had my missus in the car and noticed that he had a wagon full of kids i was all set for the pointless act of chasing him until i felt better

Still at least i took my frustration out on a nice clear bit of motorway, that helped.
Sounds like he is a great role model, and is a safe, concientious (sp) driver with all those kids in his car...
Old 08 March 2008, 06:06 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Scoobychick
However she was on her phone
She was texting actually I'm really glad I got out and bollocked her, I hope it had more of an effect on her than 30quid or whatever you get now.
Old 08 March 2008, 06:12 PM
daddyscoob
Scooby Regular

My misses reckons it's always Rover drivers that cause the problems - quite often she's right which is strange as she is a woman
Old 08 March 2008, 11:52 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

it's six points for getting out of your car to confront another motorist!! word of warning as the red mist rises worth remembering!!