I want to hurt someone at BT

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2008, 05:44 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I want to hurt someone at BT

They really take the **** sometimes.
Have phone at home, line rental, broadband yadda yadda with them. Latest bill from them was a killer (okay there was a large amount of engineer time in there) and I have had enough of them.

In january they called up to say that my broadband would be going down in price..okay that was good news, but the catch was I had to extend my contract with them...yes the small print and completely glossed over in the conversation.

Now the time has come to tell them where to shove their service as I want to swap the whole lot over to sky, get the unlimited talk package , rental etc. but oh no !! if I want to move I would have to pay the whole years contract to BT to get my mac code. The absolute shower of ****s...

So now I am stuck with them
Old 10 March 2008, 05:50 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had the same thing, there internet is terrible, i complained that much though that they let me leave early, they have the right to have a go at fixing there crappy connections at least 3 times, if they cant fix it then your legally allowed to move on

worst company around if you ask me
Old 10 March 2008, 05:51 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

join the Q mate i'm still waiting for them to stop charging me for a second connection that i never ask for.
Old 10 March 2008, 05:55 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Hmm, looks like I won't be taking up their £7.50 a month broadband offer then. One thing I can't stand is poor service and silly get-out clauses hidden in the small print.

I'm still waiting for the Sky package to be available here, dum de dum
Old 10 March 2008, 05:56 PM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

I sympathise with you mate. Can I watch If you find an employee to injure? Might not be necesary to kill em though, How about torture? Strap em down to a chair and ring BT. Then tape said phone around to their head. A few hours of listening to the incompetent T**TS should do the trick. I also found some abusive emails to the complaints department very theraputic. They got a bit upset after a while though and threatened to bar my emails lol

Last edited by jonny_693; 10 March 2008 at 05:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10 March 2008, 05:58 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, totally with you on that mate. They are a pain in the hairy brain-lookin' sack.
I'm thinking of going on the same Sky Talk package myself as I'm currently on the free weekends and evenings calls with the rental of line from BT, I'm not looking forward to the conversation/drawn out argument, I'm likely to have with them. Hope you find a solution to this one mate.

Tom
Old 10 March 2008, 06:00 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Thing is I just hate the way they duped me into thinking I was getting a reduction in price for what is a fairly low and crappy speed anyway by dressing it up as a lovely discount and then following it with a snide low extension of the contract.

No other ISP I know has such contractual terms, most have a months notice.

So I was hoping to get my whole bill down to about 45-50 a month including sky movies , rental, broadband and unlimited talk, but them at B astard T ossers have ruined those plans.

Trending Topics

Old 10 March 2008, 06:04 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I thought the regulator had recently reviewed this practice and stated that these charges were not allowable.

I know if it were me I would claim that they had broken their contractual obligations by providing poor service etc. I would say that as they had chosen to break the contract that no monies are payable, and that I wanted my MAC code in order to leave. Obviously the first person you speak to is not going to listen.

You actually need to put it in writing, and be reasonable. The last time I had to do this with an ISP I informed them that we were logging the issues we were having, and if they were unable to fix them, or provide a mac code within 14 days we were going to start legal action.

We got a mac code quite quickly
lordretsudo
Scooby Regular

If you can get it, Be Unlimited is so much better than BT's broadband it's silly. BT are one of the worst companies in the UK IMHO, and that's without even mentioning their adverts...
moneys
Scooby Regular

you cant go wrong with sky, there customer service is brilliant, i asked them when i signed up if they have indian call centres and he said yes but if i get through to them hang up an call straight back, i did this an got through to an english one, only ever spoke to the indians once. With BT you always end up with someone you cant understand and who doesnt give a ****
Old 10 March 2008, 06:10 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moneys
you cant go wrong with sky, there customer service is brilliant, i asked them when i signed up if they have indian call centres and he said yes but if i get through to them hang up an call straight back, i did this an got through to an english one, only ever spoke to the indians once. With BT you always end up with someone you cant understand and who doesnt give a ****

you are so right there (even if you are a scouser which must make an interesting conversation with said indian call centre )

I am looking at my options here to see if I can get them to relent. The option they gave me was just to buy myself out
Old 10 March 2008, 06:11 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lordretsudo
If you can get it, Be Unlimited is so much better than BT's broadband it's silly. BT are one of the worst companies in the UK IMHO, and that's without even mentioning their adverts...
already went through that scenario. I live out in the sticks and be just dosent make it along with cable etc. so I am stuck with standard 1.5-2MB adsl for the time being
Old 10 March 2008, 06:16 PM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

'they have the right to have a go at fixing there crappy connections at least 3 times, if they cant fix it then your legally allowed to move on'

Is this ture ? just that ive been battling with them for 11months now with their crap service & crap speeds.

In brief, ive had 6 engineers out, 1 new phoneline, 2 new homehubs, random disconnects which can last upto 3 days.
Old 10 March 2008, 07:01 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldnt mind if it wasnt the fact I always get through to some bloody idiot reading a script in bangalor... out of the 30 or so occasions ive talked to just 2 people in england that actually understood my derbyshire accent. the difference between a 2 hour call and a 20 minute call. if there was another option around here id take it, even if it was more expensive.
Old 10 March 2008, 07:14 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

Before moving to Sky, make sure your exchange is local loop unbundled for Sky. If it isn't, the only Sky package available will be Sky connect at 18 quid a month.