Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The Apprentice

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2008, 10:32 PM
Chrisgr31
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What basic errors they have made. Good grief. Not doing the basic maths right so sell for less than cost. At least they realised but will they make any profit?
Old 26 March 2008, 10:37 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yeah yeah. But are there any hotties worth watching?
Old 26 March 2008, 10:53 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

i have worked with people like this and they ar the most backstabbing arselicking ***** u will ever meet . have no lives and use phrases that even david brent would frown apon . should all die imho
Old 26 March 2008, 11:31 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Bringing class into it was posh boy's undoing. That and not knowing the price of lobsters! Even I know they are more than a fiver each and I'm not even posh (or even eat them) . D

Trending Topics

Old 27 March 2008, 12:05 AM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

And so beginneth another spectator sporting, playground quality, egoistical,crawling, toelicking, superfizzing ...............
Sad thing is, except for the names, the producers are using exactly the same characters again. Token Irish person, token fat bird, etc etc. And looking at the website, there's hardly a decent brain between them. Think the satellite man (Simon Smith ) stands a good chance, he's down to earth and doesn't suffer fools gladly ...and there's plenty of those along for this ride.
Old 27 March 2008, 12:20 AM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Peoples' capacity for humiliating themselves knows no bounds as far as I can see. And I love every minute of it!

So many cringeworthy moments, it's great.

That Raef fella, saying how 'other mere mortals quake at things and he doesn't'. Then as soon as they asked him to lead the task he pooed himself, making excuses.

Magic!

Asif
Old 27 March 2008, 09:39 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by M444GY
they ar the most backstabbing arselicking ***** u will ever meet .
This is why I just don't watch the program. A mate thinks its great but not one of them is even remotely likeable.

And its a bit of a joke really. The "contestants" that lose towards the end of the series usually end up making more money through media deals than they would if they won the show.

Its just bollox.
Old 27 March 2008, 09:48 AM
Buckwheat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
The negotiating skills in the solicitors office was laughable, should have said fine will go to another office up the road, not just give in and not negotiate at all and take bottom price
Don't think they had the time, and they were desperate to shift their remaining stock.
Originally Posted by Suresh
yeah yeah. But are there any hotties worth watching?
No.
Old 27 March 2008, 09:50 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Is it just me that thinks the program has run its course a bit now and should be dropped ?

Have a look at the contestants this year, and compare them with previous years - as usual we have :

1. A bunch of poncy salesmen with fake tans and too much hair gel - all claim to be the best salesmen out there, and have been earning millions of pounds since they were 12, yet strangely want to take a pay cut and work for AS

2. A couple of posh public school boys - tim nice but dim in the flesh.

3. A cockney wide boy, like Delboy but less trustworthy.

4. A pushy asian woman with a huge chip on her shoulder.

5. A slutty bint who shows her **** off half the time and loves herself.

6. An overly sensitive women who cries too much and is a bit of a tree hugger.

7. A woman who claims to be a high flier in charge of millions of pounds of accounts, yet is completely hopeless - usually the ugliest one and a bit overweight.

All the blokes seem to completely love themselves, and actually believe the BS they spout about how amazing they are, which seeing as most would struggle to earn £25K a year, even as 'sales managers' ( they never say what company for, but I would be betting a cold calling centre like double glazing ) makes it fairly obvious they are just there for the money.

You do get the impression most of the people are on there just to get on TV, and hopefully get a job presenting their own series on Freeview that nobody actually watches.

And the way they keep going on about the '5 figure salary' - so what, its in London, so doesnt go very far, is for working 80 hours a week, and after a year AS will demote them anyway to one of his other companies.
Old 27 March 2008, 11:36 AM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

We watched it on delay at 10pm after the footy - the lads together, pissed up and lairy...
Not even a warmy never mind a hottie amongst any of the birds on there

The candidates get worse every year, but in turn, it makes for better tele... That Raef needs a really good head butt Oh and why are Jason Orange and Matt Lucas candidates?
Old 27 March 2008, 12:03 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
Is it just me that thinks the program has run its course a bit now and should be dropped ?

Have a look at the contestants this year, and compare them with previous years - as usual we have :

1. A bunch of poncy salesmen with fake tans and too much hair gel - all claim to be the best salesmen out there, and have been earning millions of pounds since they were 12, yet strangely want to take a pay cut and work for AS

2. A couple of posh public school boys - tim nice but dim in the flesh.

3. A cockney wide boy, like Delboy but less trustworthy.

4. A pushy asian woman with a huge chip on her shoulder.

5. A slutty bint who shows her **** off half the time and loves herself.

6. An overly sensitive women who cries too much and is a bit of a tree hugger.

7. A woman who claims to be a high flier in charge of millions of pounds of accounts, yet is completely hopeless - usually the ugliest one and a bit overweight.

All the blokes seem to completely love themselves, and actually believe the BS they spout about how amazing they are, which seeing as most would struggle to earn £25K a year, even as 'sales managers' ( they never say what company for, but I would be betting a cold calling centre like double glazing ) makes it fairly obvious they are just there for the money.

You do get the impression most of the people are on there just to get on TV, and hopefully get a job presenting their own series on Freeview that nobody actually watches.

And the way they keep going on about the '5 figure salary' - so what, its in London, so doesnt go very far, is for working 80 hours a week, and after a year AS will demote them anyway to one of his other companies.

Couldn't have put it better myself
Old 27 March 2008, 12:46 PM
Buckwheat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff

And the way they keep going on about the '5 figure salary' - so what, its in London, so doesnt go very far
It's a six figure salary.
Old 27 March 2008, 01:57 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
Oh and why are Jason Orange and Matt Lucas candidates?

Was thinking the same thing. Supprised Ethan Hawk put himself up for team leader.
Old 27 March 2008, 01:57 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Sorry, yes 6 figure salary, which is £100K - still not a huge amount for the hours you'd have to work, rent and cost of living in London, having to put up with AS as your boss, having to work in a company full of Apprentice canditate style people.

Also the huge chunk that goes in tax when you pay the higher rate means you arent going to become rich from it, and if all these canditates are as **** hot as they reckon they are, then they should have no problem earning loads of money elsewhere.
Old 27 March 2008, 02:15 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

It's great entertainment, the more vile the characters are the more I enjoy seeing them make fools of themselves!

BBC - The Apprentice - Home

Next week they'll be doing the laundry - can't be that hard can it ?
Old 27 March 2008, 02:25 PM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Didn't watch it but The Times has also expressed concern as MikeC

"Is this a reality show or a haircare advert?Have you ever seen men with such overstyled barnets"

Liked the quote about the chap who said "The spoken word is my tool"

Wish I'd seen it just for that
Old 27 March 2008, 02:54 PM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

there's an inverse relationship at work here ...

just as the suits, grooming and hairstyles get incrementally more GQ/Cosmo with each series, so the intelligence, articulacy, posing and arrogance appear to get incrementally worse.

education, edukation, edukayshun.

and what was that rim-tickler beard on nick-the-dreadfully-arrogant-baby-barrister-type's lower lip? instant firing offence. he was doomed from the start, the tongue-tied buffoon.

glad to see class friction still alive and festering. with top gear, still the best show on TV by a country mile. it's the office meets big brother. love it.
Old 27 March 2008, 03:59 PM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

I often thought the salary thing was wierd - I mean if they are all so bloody great then surely they are earning close to if not more that £100k a year and working for great companies?

They dont "work with Sir Alan" and thus "learn loads about business" - they get placed in one of his companies and report to managers like any other employee, so dont see the attraction myself of going through all that hassle to work for a company no different to any other and earn similar or less cash then they say they already earn (which is prob a lie) - other than they to get on telly and have a media career from it all !

I am not blowing my own trumpet, but I earn in excess of £100k a year in a sales role and being honest I can't relate to any of the sales people on that show - they all look like car / double glazing / telesales types on £30k a year who are looking for a huge pay increase via the show.
Old 27 March 2008, 04:12 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Holy Ghost
there's an inverse relationship at work here ...

just as the suits, grooming and hairstyles get incrementally more GQ/Cosmo with each series, so the intelligence, articulacy, posing and arrogance appear to get incrementally worse.

education, edukation, edukayshun.

and what was that rim-tickler beard on nick-the-dreadfully-arrogant-baby-barrister-type's lower lip? instant firing offence. he was doomed from the start, the tongue-tied buffoon.

glad to see class friction still alive and festering. with top gear, still the best show on TV by a country mile. it's the office meets big brother. love it.
Other than the lack of kaps - best post I've seen in ages LOL

D
Old 27 March 2008, 04:18 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Great show, love it. Maybe thats the best level of applicant the show could attract?
Old 27 March 2008, 04:57 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Raef needs a good kicking! I really wanted him to go first!

Old 27 March 2008, 05:03 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RoShamBo
I- they all look like car / double glazing / telesales types on £30k a year who are looking for a huge pay increase via the show.
More like £12k + v. small bonus. Beats me why people watch such low grade garbage.
Old 27 March 2008, 06:08 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Try watching the US version. More entertaining, better soundtrack, more money and definetely better eye candy

Simon
Old 27 March 2008, 06:39 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Think RoShamBo is right - all the salesman look like your typical door to door or double glazing salesmen - earning FA, but they were stupid enough to believe the bit about 'OTE of £100K' in the job advert.

One weird thing with the bloke who was the team leader yesterday - he was saying about how educated he was, and slipped that he had a business studies degree, but then also said that at 21 he was an international sales manager ?

Conceivably he could have finished Uni by 21, but that would mean his first job was as a sales manager, which we walked straight into from Uni. Either means it IS a double glazing company, in which case they would give the job to anyone stupid enough to take it, or its a family business.

The Barrister who got kicked out was funny though - very oviously not someone who will ever be troubling the female population, and seemed to be trying to grow some sort of bum fluff moustache ( maybe so he could get served in pubs ).

It is a bit like a car crash though, you keep watching it because you cant really believe that there are really people that arrogant and deluded in the real world.

Also, I think the 100K salary is only guaranteed for one year as AS said in another interview that the bloke who won it one or two years ago had been moved to one of his property companies ( sort of inferring that he was crap in the original role he had been given ), and I doubt he would carry on paying him that much if he didnt have to.
Old 27 March 2008, 08:04 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Guys - you are all forgetting that this shower was as carefully selected as a Deal or No Deal competitor! Each is 'produced' before appearance. This is to ensure entertainment - it aint a doco! When that 'producing' then goes out the window and it becomes real is when it is best.

Excellent point about the international sales manager - STRAIGHT out of college with a nasty student debt rather than a Porsche!

D
Old 27 March 2008, 09:27 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance

It's entertainment! By definition, reality TV shows are exactly the opposite - just an opportunity for contestants to make themselves look stupid for our viewing pleasure while driving up viewing figures. Seems to be working well

Quick Reply: The Apprentice