Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Pirates !

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2008, 12:49 PM
ricardo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pirates !

Looks like the Royal Navy can't go after pirates any more in case we have to give them asylum:

Pirates can claim UK asylum - Times Online

In sharp contrast, the French have a diferent approach - from the article:
'Last week French commandos seized a Somali pirate gang that had held a luxury yacht with 22 French citizens on board. The hijackers were paid off by the boat’s owner and then a French helicopter carrier dispatched 50 commandos to seize the hijackers and the ransom money on dry land.'

As much as we like to hate the French they do sometimes seem to get things right...
Old 13 April 2008, 02:46 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ricardo
Looks like the Royal Navy can't go after pirates any more in case we have to give them asylum:

Pirates can claim UK asylum - Times Online

In sharp contrast, the French have a diferent approach - from the article:
'Last week French commandos seized a Somali pirate gang that had held a luxury yacht with 22 French citizens on board. The hijackers were paid off by the boat’s owner and then a French helicopter carrier dispatched 50 commandos to seize the hijackers and the ransom money on dry land.'

As much as we like to hate the French they do sometimes seem to get things right...

I find the French have a much more robust pproach to crime and immigration, i do not so much hate as respect this.

UK is fecked unless we start to think of ourselves first and others a poor second. We have NL to blame for that!

as for Somalio pirates i would have got the money and dispatched around 4000 DU rounds from a gattlin gun into them and their boat.
Old 13 April 2008, 02:49 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

find the French have a much more robust approach
Rainbow Warrior
Old 13 April 2008, 02:58 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

*waits for the inevitable "they're just misunderstood and its all the evil colonialists fault" post*

Old 13 April 2008, 03:02 PM
JimmyBFC
Scooby Regular

I agree, I detest the French but I do respect their hardline approac to thing like that, they tested their bombs.....ppl boycotted French products....did they give a ****??....did they ****.....and now everythigns back to normal.

Its about sticking to your guns and having the ***** to follow it through, now someone just has to find where Gordons are.....
Old 13 April 2008, 03:04 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

you really wouldnt credit it
F#@kin nambsy pamsy wishy-washy nu labia stepping up for a raping at the hands of the Eu

- maybe you would actaully
Old 13 April 2008, 04:49 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

Yeah that's why the French never have any problems with the immigrant population in the Paris suburbs.

BBC NEWS | World | Europe | Timeline: French riots
Old 13 April 2008, 05:20 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

I think in this instance dpb that the French have highlighted what a complete load of bollox the whole "It's all the EU's Fault" excuse really is

The only people actually raping our country are our duly elected representatives
Old 13 April 2008, 05:49 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GaryCat
Yeah that's why the French never have any problems with the immigrant population in the Paris suburbs.

BBC NEWS | World | Europe | Timeline: French riots

I think you'll find the French delt with it quite quickly and also learn from their mistakers, not saying they get it right all the time but yet again they put us to shame over the original problem posted

The French have little time for EU human rights act when it comes to evicting illegals and do so, they have 'agreements' with the countries who might torture the porr illegas and therefore send them packing.

They also allow foreign soldiers who fight for them a passport - and always have done since the inception of the French foreign legion - after 4 years a passport! Not the sad sorry mess some Ghurkas face who fought before a deadline set by fat useless politicians to suit thier needs.

They also do not procecute home owners or victims for defending themsleves - even a little robustly.

Few lessons to learn there i think!
Old 13 April 2008, 06:04 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

As much as I do not like the french they do deal with situations in the correct manner, for example take the recent bank problem they had, it wasdealt with overnight and sorted out whereas we are still trying to sort out the NR situation, makes me wonder sometimes.
Old 14 April 2008, 12:01 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Just yet another example of the incredible stupidity of the authorities in accepting this legislation.

Les
Old 14 April 2008, 12:19 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Navy should avoid the pirates altogether otherwise they may have their iPods taken away from them...

Although this made me laugh
Old 14 April 2008, 12:55 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ricardo
Target Practice
Old 14 April 2008, 01:05 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

A Foreign Office spokesman said: “There are issues about human rights and what might happen in these circumstances. The main thing is to ensure any incident is resolved peacefully.”
Why do these lentil munchers only ever see the human rights of the criminal? do the passengers and crew of the ship the pirates have boarded and are currently robbing, raping and murdering not have the human right to not be raped, robbed and murdered?????

So our Navy is part of a task force to stop pirates but we are now not allowed to intervene, how long will our allies put up with us just sitting back and watching while they do all the work? sooner or later we will get kicked out of the UN for being a bunch of pansies, It wouldn't surprise me if we were told to stop shooting Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan as it was in breach of their human rights as terrorists.
Old 14 April 2008, 01:29 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Resolved peacefully! Fsck that... Need to adopt the Russian/French/Australian methods. Though returning people's heads in boxes isn't quite what consider acceptable, it does generally mean your people are less susceptible to kidnappings.

Similarly, allowing your boarding parties to carry iPODs is less than effective if confronted by people on boats with guns. They all need a swift kick up the posterior. In the good old days, people would shot for allowing the service to be shamed or brought in to disrepute.

J.
Old 14 April 2008, 04:32 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
do the passengers and crew of the ship the pirates have boarded and are currently robbing, raping and murdering not have the human right to not be raped, robbed and murdered?????
Not under New Labour they don't.

Same as if you're burgled. The Burglar can stab you to get away, yet you stab him back and your the one doing jail time.
Old 14 April 2008, 04:45 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by stilover
Not under New Labour they don't.

Same as if you're burgled. The Burglar can stab you to get away, yet you stab him back and your the one doing jail time.
Hmmm don't think I will bother coming home then! I will just put up with German beaurocracy! at least people respect each other here, and the police have big guns