Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

fuel thief & incompetant police

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2008, 12:27 AM
stara
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel thief & incompetant police

my kid bruv just saw a couple of guys apparantly relieving a private coach of it's diesel, my bruv parked up, called police, who turned up 10mins later, drove past the coach, pulled in 4 car lengths away, stayed there foot on brake for 30secs, and then drove off, one of the guys then chucked his gear in the back of his car, and drove of in the same direction as the police, my bruv followed and got the reg M800 RSH, renault megane, the police must have turned around and drove past both the megane and my brother, the megane then pegged it, and drove down an abandoned dead-end road, my bruv pulled over, re-phoned the police and told them they had drove off and where they were now hiding, 10mins later, no police, and the megane drives out of it's hiding place and my brother loses him...........

FFS south wales finest couldn't even detect a ******* crime even when it is done for them, the police station is 300meters from the coach, and 3 pandas parked outside..........pathetic

so if you live in RCT, and see M800 RSH megane watch your work vans. thieving *****.
Old 21 April 2008, 12:51 AM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

to be fair they have probably been reading this https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...tages-way.html

so probably scoobynetters
Old 21 April 2008, 01:09 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Yet they still have the nerve to wonder why the general public has more respect for estate agents
Old 21 April 2008, 01:40 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not shocked really .. they cant fine them
Old 21 April 2008, 07:46 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Have no fear as soon as they break the speed limit they will be reclassified on Britians most wanted list and fined immediately.

NL has reduced our Police to tax collectors with little incentive to catch 'real' criminals. Make sure to vote the tosspots out in the general and the local elections starting 1st May.

I reported two yoofs riding a honda XR 250/350 (looked knicked if you know what i mean) at speed and dangerously around the carpark and pathways of our local tesco superstore. half mile from the Police station Mereway. 30 mins later - no sign of the cops.

3 or so months ago reported a drunk driver (imho) driving all over the place, called the cops, again the station only a mile or so away from where i was. whilst he was in the local Tesco express for 10 mins, he came out and tried to get into the wrong car (his a silver Astra, he tried to get into a silver 4x4). still no sign of the cops. he drove off i followed and updated the cops. Lost him.

Both of these could have had serious consequences.

I might was well give up trying for all the good it does.

Last edited by The Zohan; 21 April 2008 at 07:49 AM.
Old 21 April 2008, 11:06 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

But they have all that paperwork to do indoors to try to convince the managers that they are achieving their targets!!!!

Les
Old 21 April 2008, 11:12 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Have no fear as soon as they break the speed limit they will be reclassified on Britians most wanted list and fined immediately.

NL has reduced our Police to tax collectors with little incentive to catch 'real' criminals. Make sure to vote the tosspots out in the general and the local elections starting 1st May.

I reported two yoofs riding a honda XR 250/350 (looked knicked if you know what i mean) at speed and dangerously around the carpark and pathways of our local tesco superstore. half mile from the Police station Mereway. 30 mins later - no sign of the cops.

3 or so months ago reported a drunk driver (imho) driving all over the place, called the cops, again the station only a mile or so away from where i was. whilst he was in the local Tesco express for 10 mins, he came out and tried to get into the wrong car (his a silver Astra, he tried to get into a silver 4x4). still no sign of the cops. he drove off i followed and updated the cops. Lost him.

Both of these could have had serious consequences.

I might was well give up trying for all the good it does.
As said above, the police are just glorified Tax collectors these days.

When it comes to real crime, they are reactive, rather than proactive.
Bit like New Labour.

Trending Topics

Old 21 April 2008, 11:14 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I know - Drink drivers, scum of the earth

The other day i was sent to a sudden death, family all upset etc. Call came over the radio of a drunk driver near by. So I told the family to hold on I've something more important and shot off to the drink driver. Caught him and took him to custody. Returned to the sudden death a couple of hours later and the family were complaining - you just can't win
Old 21 April 2008, 11:21 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Quote:
"So I told the family to hold on I've something more important and shot off "

Perhaps the family, who were in shock after the sudden death of a relative, were complaining about your lack of tact?
Old 21 April 2008, 11:26 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Another time, I had just caught two burglars in the act of breaking in to an elderly person's home, drove them back to custody and so parked the van at the police station. Was in the process of walking them into the custody area when a call came in of another theft in progress. So not wanting to see my van parked outside the nick when this was going on - I told the burglars to wait on the road side for me and i shot off. When I returned they had walked off - you just can't trust people can you. And another complaint from the elderly person - you just can't win
Old 21 April 2008, 11:35 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Felix.

The other day i was sent to a sudden death, family all upset etc. Call came over the radio of a drunk driver near by. So I told the family to hold on I've something more important and shot off to the drink driver. Caught him and took him to custody. Returned to the sudden death a couple of hours later and the family were complaining - you just can't win
To follow your puerile example through - perhaps if police had responded to the earlier call about a drunk driver before he caused 'your' fatality then there would be no need for you to be in attendance would there.

A lot more proactive policing would cut down on some crime and free up officers to deal with other matters - would it not???

Actually your example is just pointless and puerile TBH.

Felix.
In my two examples there could have easily been more fatalities - EASILY!

I have several other/more examples i could quote - happened to me so not hearsay. I think you will find many people actually behind the police not against - incidents like this do not help and you sarcasm makes you look like you just do not care!

STI makes a very valid point - policing feel reactive, not proactive - unless aimed at speeding motorists.
Old 21 April 2008, 11:38 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Another time, I had just caught two burglars in the act of breaking in to an elderly person's home, drove them back to custody and so parked the van at the police station. Was in the process of walking them into the custody area when a call came in of another theft in progress. So not wanting to see my van parked outside the nick when this was going on - I told the burglars to wait on the road side for me and i shot off. When I returned they had walked off - you just can't trust people can you. And another complaint from the elderly person - you just can't win
Felix - have you been in the evidence locker, sniffing the contents of the latest drugs bust or just having a bad day?

Glass houses Felix - wasn't it the case that the cops detained several illegals, unable to transport and asked them the catch a train to the local processing centre - they never turned up

Could be terrorists, could be rapists or murderers, could be decent people although they entered the UK illegally (therefore committing a crime!?!)- we will never know will we.

Last edited by The Zohan; 21 April 2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 21 April 2008, 12:24 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Why is it that the police moan about lack of public support when they turn up and prosecte a kid for playfully flickiing a small sausage at some one yet wont respond if you report drunk driving, or in the case of an elderly aunt a burglary?
Old 21 April 2008, 12:41 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

I am being facetious – and no the examples were not real before you ask.

The point is – is that we are busy. Just because there are police cars parked at your local nick, it doesn’t mean that there are bobbies sat around doing nothing. We are not like the fire brigade and do not just respond as jobs come in. We have a job queue of about 100+ jobs for 20 officers to sort out. And that’s not to mention the jobs which are coming in on the day, emergency calls and on going enquires which each of the 20 officers will carry about 7-10 complex enquires. We can’t just drop one job and run to another (as per the sudden death). If you do manage to catch someone – then that probably you tied up for the foreseeable future.

We are not tax collectors – and if a camera catches you going over the speed limit, then it’s your own daft fault. Pay the fine and get on with your life.

If you call in a drink driver and get no response – then perhaps we are all tied up, or perhaps the nearest free unit is miles away but making their way. By the way, due to public pressure, we were forced to stop chasing motorbikes in police cars a long time ago – something to do with causing the little cherubs to die in crash, or causing them to kill someone else.

We are as proactive now as we have ever been. Our force currently has loads of operations where they take officers off the response/CID/Local beats shifts for months purely for proactive policing. Plain clothes, plain cars all hours of the day getting in the faces of the burglars/dealers etc. Just because you don’t see Dixon of Dock Green walking about, doesn’t mean to say that there are no proactive officers out there.
Old 21 April 2008, 12:54 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by r32
........ playfully flickiing a small sausage at some one yet wont respond if you report drunk driving,
This would not have come in as an emergency call I hasten to add.

Put yourself in the shoes of the victim – which I’m sure you would approve of, just like the elderly burgled aunt.

He has obviously felt so upset/shocked/harassed by the actions of this kid (or “ASBO Chav” as some of you like to tag him) that he has phoned the police. This would go onto the job queue and then answered when an officer is free from chasing drink drivers, burglars etc. The victim has been assaulted (common assault only) but if he wishes to proceed who am I to say no to him. Is this not another example of anti-social loutish behaviour by youths which the public want the police to get tough with..? If we take no action in this case – is the youth free to throw sausages, sausages shaped stones, stone shaped sausages at this bloke again. And will the bloke now fear that he has no-one to turn to as the police will not take any action over sausagey projectiles. Is he not a member of the public, and what about his near by community.....public support...?

What happened to zero tolerance…….
Old 21 April 2008, 12:55 PM
Nido
Scooby Regular

By the way, due to public pressure, we were forced to stop chasing motorbikes in police cars a long time ago – something to do with causing the little cherubs to die in crash, or causing them to kill someone else.
And you think that is the view of the majority of the public? I think not. The tree-hugging do gooders perhaps, and the family of the thieving scum
Old 21 April 2008, 01:28 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nido
And you think that is the view of the majority of the public? I think not. The tree-hugging do gooders perhaps, and the family of the thieving scum

All members of life’s rich tapestry I’m afraid which we refer to as the “General Public”

And the good old tabloids who write about “…. litle Keanu, loving brother of Kylie, who had a promising career was chased by police at high speeds as he just rode a motor bike around the streets – “He wasn’t doing any harm – he was a good lad, a loveable rogue – and he was on his way to return the bike to its owner when the police hounded him” says his mother”

Quite a few years ago there was a public outcry, fuelled by the press and the decision was to stop chasing bikes with cars. There was also a boat load of innocent people killed as well as the bikes lost control.
Old 21 April 2008, 01:46 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Felix, well you know what they say.... if you can't stand the heat.... etc

IMHO there are too many useless ******* in the police today, moaning and groaning about work loads, being attacked, being unloved, etc, etc.... stop being such a feckin big tart and get out on the streets and start POLICING like a man.... not some 18 year old space cadet
Old 21 April 2008, 01:55 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

I do Gene - and thats the point. Its not me moaning
Old 21 April 2008, 04:52 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
get out on the streets and start POLICING like a man.... not some 18 year old space cadet
What, what, explain................. you want me to start chasing bikes again...???????
Old 21 April 2008, 05:29 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

All members of life’s rich tapestry I’m afraid which we refer to as the “General Public”

And the good old tabloids who write about “…. litle Keanu, loving brother of Kylie, who had a promising career was chased by police at high speeds as he just rode a motor bike around the streets – “He wasn’t doing any harm – he was a good lad, a loveable rogue – and he was on his way to return the bike to its owner when the police hounded him” says his mother”

Quite a few years ago there was a public outcry, fuelled by the press and the decision was to stop chasing bikes with cars. There was also a boat load of innocent people killed as well as the bikes lost control.
Can you chase bikes with bikes ?

How the **** is that different ?
Old 21 April 2008, 05:33 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Can you chase bikes with bikes ?
No

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
How the **** is that different ?
How is what different..?
Old 21 April 2008, 05:39 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

No

How is what different..?

Dunno ...
Old 21 April 2008, 05:51 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

This would not have come in as an emergency call I hasten to add.

Put yourself in the shoes of the victim – which I’m sure you would approve of, just like the elderly burgled aunt.

He has obviously felt so upset/shocked/harassed by the actions of this kid (or “ASBO Chav” as some of you like to tag him) that he has phoned the police. This would go onto the job queue and then answered when an officer is free from chasing drink drivers, burglars etc. The victim has been assaulted (common assault only) but if he wishes to proceed who am I to say no to him. Is this not another example of anti-social loutish behaviour by youths which the public want the police to get tough with..? If we take no action in this case – is the youth free to throw sausages, sausages shaped stones, stone shaped sausages at this bloke again. And will the bloke now fear that he has no-one to turn to as the police will not take any action over sausagey projectiles. Is he not a member of the public, and what about his near by community.....public support...?

What happened to zero tolerance…….

So upset or harassed or shocked? by a sausage? typical sh1te coppers come out with!

Fearing he has no one to turn to? over a sausage? wtf?

Either grow a pair and try to police properly (i.e ignore the sausage incidents, treat other people the way you want to be treated, and dont act like hitler just cos your a copper) or **** off to another job!

99% of coppers i have met are w@nkers, i think your going in that 99% mate!

(no offence).
Old 21 April 2008, 07:07 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Are you reading what I have written…?

It doesn’t matter what was thrown. The victim has phoned the police and wants action over it – and probably an ongoing problem with anti-social behaviour. Or do you want us to just ignore him.

Who is acting like Hitler…..?
Old 21 April 2008, 08:03 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Felix.;7823599]I know - Drink drivers, scum of the earth

The other day i was sent to a sudden death, family all upset etc. Call came over the radio of a drunk driver near by. So I told the family to hold on I've something more important and shot off to the drink driver. Caught him and took him to custody. Returned to the sudden death a couple of hours later and the family were complaining - you just can't win[/QUOTE

pathetic mate.
Old 21 April 2008, 08:57 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gallois
pathetic mate.
are you reading this thread....? See post 14

Last edited by Felix.; 21 April 2008 at 09:01 PM. Reason: change
Old 21 April 2008, 09:11 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

You really fit the description "Wooden Top"
Old 21 April 2008, 09:35 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Interesting to read people's perceptions/ misconcptions. No one joins the police to make friends. Like any job there are good and bad (cops).
As cops work for a disciplined organisation, they do as they are told, from the top down. When the government quote performance indicators, the message gets passed down through the ranks. So if you have a target to meet, what do you do? Do as you're told or run the risk of being disciplined for unsatisfactory performance?
The government sets police forces a target of detecting 30% of ALL crime. So if you detect a shoplifting or detect a murder, it's a detection. The same emphasis is put on every crime as each crime is a potential detection.
The newer generation of police officers are taught about base line assesment, National Intelligence Model and risk assessment. The emphasis on common sense and initiative in dealing with crime have been taken over by national models, which forces must adopt and demonstrate they have adopted to Her Mjestys Inspectorate of Constabulary.
While there is a place for these, the artificial targets set by the current government, means that the police are so busy trying to detect an assault where an 11 yr old has spat a grape pip into a 12 yr olds eye, that no resources are available to attend the burglar you saw in your neighbous house. The Police Service is run by civilians who dictate to police officers what they should attend and when. The officer who attends the incident may turn up late, but he is told when to attend by someone who last week was selling shoes.
That ladies and gents is the way it is. Morale affects performance. Government set the performance targets.
As far as rudeness or unprofessionalism. There's no excuse. Thats the individual. Regards Bob
Old 21 April 2008, 09:56 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
But they have all that paperwork to do indoors to try to convince the managers that they are achieving their targets!!!!

Les
by giving me fines with quotes like "would it be fair to say you can't afford that?" and "I ***** well know everything about ****** STi so don't you ***** well tell me about aftermarket exhausts"

Quick Reply: fuel thief & incompetant police