Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Sat night house parties

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2008, 09:25 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sat night house parties

Friends of mine decided to make good the weather yesterday & have a small gathering at the house. They kept it going quite well but turns out billy plod knocked the door at 11:15pm & told them to turn off the music as they had, had complaints from the flats down the road.(party was mainly out the back)
Police told them to turn off the music& threatened them with breach of the peace.
I personally think they have been treated quite badly as it more or less ruined there night.
For future reference do they have anything to go on ?

I am planning on partying there in the next few weeks
Old 02 June 2008, 11:28 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

There is a house next door to my block of flats that has a party every year. I gather it's the blokes/wifes birthday or something.

Now, this goes on from afternoon to night. OK the music is quite loud, but if your windows are closed you can't really hear it. More so if you have your TV on.

Now. Because of this party, the elderly folk complain to the police. They leave their windows open as far as possible, just to make sure they can hear the noise. They asked me to phone up the police too, and were offended when I refused as closing the windows stops the noise. They do this every year though was their reply. I was enemy number 1 when I said so what, it's 1 afternoon/night 1 day out of 365 days of the year.

Didn't care. They got together and phone the Police every 10 minutes till they went round and got the music turned off.

Some people just don't like others enjoying themselves.
Old 02 June 2008, 12:56 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Originally Posted by sti-04!!

My invite hasn't arrived yet! I assume it's still at the sorting office or on it's way though
Old 02 June 2008, 02:00 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance

You should try a few days in Birmingham during early November. Not only Nov 5th, but a load more Asian celebrations every night for hours on end. And they do like their big bangers Dogs were terrified. A bit of social coordination and respect for others would do everyone a favour.
Old 02 June 2008, 02:08 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Tam the bam
My invite hasn't arrived yet! I assume it's still at the sorting office or on it's way though
I wasnt in amongst it at the weekend as i was too busy partying at Fauldhouse on Saturday.

If & when the weather turns good again, you'll get an invite no problem, we could be doing with some east coaster to abuse
Old 02 June 2008, 04:19 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

My neighbours have never complained once about the parties/loud music/12 hour BBQs that I have thrown over the last 2 years.

In fact I'm having another one on the 14th
Old 02 June 2008, 04:54 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Friends of mine decided to make good the weather yesterday & have a small gathering at the house. They kept it going quite well but turns out billy plod knocked the door at 11:15pm & told them to turn off the music as they had, had complaints from the flats down the road.(party was mainly out the back)
Police told them to turn off the music& threatened them with breach of the peace.
I personally think they have been treated quite badly as it more or less ruined there night.
For future reference do they have anything to go on ?

to be honest, i think it depends on what coppers you get, the ones who attended the *** bash upstairs from me basically could not be arsed, and would have much rather nicked me for saying the word ******
Old 02 June 2008, 05:22 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

I wasnt in amongst it at the weekend as i was too busy partying at Fauldhouse on Saturday.

If & when the weather turns good again, you'll get an invite no problem, we could be doing with some east coaster to abuse
I'm no East coaster ya bladdy Weegie!

Lol @ Stickymicky... Pity that your thread got deleted, it was