Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Huuge payout for uk muslim communitys....from the government

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 2008, 08:38 AM
mmuuzzyy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Huuge payout for uk muslim communitys....from the government

I heard this on the bbc news last night....and it made my blood BOIL!

Does this government get any friggin wetter!

I think they know they are done for in the next general elections and are now vote hunting!

personally i think its a friggin disgrace.... i live in bradford and the muslim communitys/area's have a fortune spent on them already compared to the white area's of bradford.

Most of the childrens parks outside of bradford city centre are a real mess... not so in the inner city area's.
(anyone who lives in bradford will know what im on about!)

What a mess this country has become!
Old 03 June 2008, 08:48 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Link?
Old 03 June 2008, 08:53 AM
mmuuzzyy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
Link?
im looking :>

bbc news said the details would be released by the government today
Old 03 June 2008, 08:59 AM
mmuuzzyy
Scooby Regular

found it

BBC NEWS | Politics | New fund 'to stop radicalisation'

what a load of tosh

to think this money will stop a few deluded nutters is a joke!

just pouring ever more money into a never ending money pit !

And will 100% of the money be spent how it should ? probabley not

just like the X amount of millions of pounds that were poured into bradford rejeneration projects in bradford.

Millions of £'s were given..... and alot of people abused these grants.
You can see that not a thing changed in bradford ! still the same **** hole!

Last edited by mmuuzzyy; 03 June 2008 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03 June 2008, 09:19 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

This country is so wrapped up in "terrorism" and "green issues" that its forgetting what we should all be about and the point of life.

The muslim community are hardly going to feel good about having separate funding systems, what happened to us all living as one?
Old 03 June 2008, 09:21 AM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Sounds like they don't want the money,its just another government idea.Two things really annoy me though.

1.I cannot understand UK citizens eg a normal 20 year old lad deciding he wants to blow up a bus or whatever in the country that he lives in.

2.Is there really a war on terror or is it a bit like the green thing is to taxes,the war on terror is to back up the trillion cctv's,snooping on peoples lives generally,give ID cards credibility etc

You do feel like things have gone very much OTT.Too much IMHO
Old 03 June 2008, 09:26 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

2 true stories.

1) The village I grew up in was refused a Government grant to repair the Village hall (used by most of the village) because the village had no ethnic minorities or asylum seekers living in the Village.

Only after 5 year of battling has the grant come through. Would have had it straight away if they'd had Muslims or Refugees.

2) Was involved with building a Hospital in Rochdale years ago. Almost complete when there was a wave of protests from the local Muslim community as there was a church, but no Mosque within the Hospital. A planned ward to care for sick patients was quickly closed down and converted into a Mosque. All at the Tax payers expence.

Personaly, I wish they'd all just fcukoff back to there beloved homelands.
Old 03 June 2008, 09:30 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Where's PeterBrant at?

Come on Pete. We're waiting for your wisdom.
Old 03 June 2008, 09:36 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

*Lights cigar, raises an eyebrow, sits back in creaky office chair and waits for a few classic "Brantisms"..... *
Old 03 June 2008, 09:47 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

It's a headline grabber. £12.5 Million is not very much in the scheme of things, and this is nationwide, not localised. There will be much more spent on, say, getting kids to stop drinking.

Sorry, I don't have anything contraversial to say I'm preoccupied Its been a strange week. And the weekend was just mental, unprecedented occurences!
Old 03 June 2008, 09:49 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

If we say his name, he comes.
Old 03 June 2008, 09:54 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover

Don't think this is the right place to discuss Pete's sexual issues is it?
Old 03 June 2008, 09:54 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Like Beeteljuice, only none of you look like Gena Davis
Old 03 June 2008, 10:00 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Like Beeteljuice, only none of you look like Gena Davis
But Beetlejuice was never quite as annoying.
Old 03 June 2008, 10:04 AM
spireite
BANNED

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver
This country is so wrapped up in "terrorism" and "green issues" that its forgetting what we should all be about and the point of life.

The muslim community are hardly going to feel good about having separate funding systems, what happened to us all living as one?
Wise words ,its the mps and pc dogooders that cause racial tension
Old 03 June 2008, 10:12 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

But Beetlejuice was never quite as annoying.
Everything is going according to plan, then
Old 03 June 2008, 10:22 AM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

It's a headline grabber. £12.5 Million is not very much in the scheme of things, and this is nationwide, not localised. There will be much more spent on, say, getting kids to stop drinking.

Sorry, I don't have anything contraversial to say I'm preoccupied Its been a strange week. And the weekend was just mental, unprecedented occurences!
£12.5 million is indeed not much in the scheme of things, in much the same way that the £30 million required to honour the independently awarded pay increase to the Police is not much in the scheme of things. The priorities for this government are as usual misguided.

And what potential Muslim fundamentalist is going to give a damn what a bunch of white cappucino-supping liberals representing the establishment have to say to them anyway?
Kevin
Old 03 June 2008, 10:41 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by c_maguire
£12.5 million is indeed not much in the scheme of things, in much the same way that the £30 million required to honour the independently awarded pay increase to the Police is not much in the scheme of things. The priorities for this government are as usual misguided.
You won;t hear any argument from me that the Police should have gotten their pay award as promised. I don't think the two have to be mutually exclusive though
Originally Posted by c_maguire
And what potential Muslim fundamentalist is going to give a damn what a bunch of white cappucino-supping liberals representing the establishment have to say to them anyway?
Kevin
Well I think the plan is to get in before they even think they might be potential terrorists if you see what I mean.

I don't know enough about being a young disillusioned British Muslim to say whether it will work or make any difference or not.
Old 03 June 2008, 10:47 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver

not even allowed to post some jokes either these days
Old 03 June 2008, 11:07 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Agree: only £800,000 is to be used for Birmingham. Now knowing this is a city with large inner city suburbs that have a majority of people from ethic backgrounds, combined with serious issues which have been publicised proving that some evil individuals in the area are promoting and preaching extremism. The £ per capita that is given which is supposed to be used to educate young influential people who are at risk is a pittance.

Its just lip service; The government know they have a problem, but have absolutely no conviction to resolve it. That's presuming they actually know how to, which I doubt.
Old 03 June 2008, 11:10 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shaping up for a good 4 or 5 pages...

Old 03 June 2008, 11:11 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SwissTony
not even allowed to post some jokes either these days

I wondered why I couldn't find it anymore
Old 03 June 2008, 11:12 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I wondered why I couldn't find it anymore

a huge curved vape sword had it away
Old 03 June 2008, 11:20 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shark Man
Agree: only £800,000 is to be used for Birmingham. Now knowing this is a city with large inner city suburbs that have a majority of people from ethic backgrounds, combined with serious issues which have been publicised proving that some evil individuals in the area are promoting and preaching extremism. The £ per capita that is given which is supposed to be used to educate young influential people who are at risk is a pittance.

Its just lip service; The government know they have a problem, but have absolutely no conviction to resolve it. That's presuming they actually know how to, which I doubt.
Well they are saying now that they reckon they have persuaded (conned!) the MPs who were objecting to vote for the 42 day detention bill so there is another mindbendingly impressive initiative which they will be able to use for all sorts of occasions in the future! Goodbye "habeas corpus", hello 1984!

Les
Old 03 June 2008, 11:22 AM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

i live in bradford and the muslim communitys/area's have a fortune spent on them
Where would that be then? I spend quite a bit of time driving round Bradford and have to say the whole place looks a mess!
Old 03 June 2008, 11:29 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by BOB.T
Where would that be then? I spend quite a bit of time driving round Bradford and have to say the whole place looks a mess!
Should've seen the feckin sh1tehole before they spent mi££ions to make it a mess
Old 03 June 2008, 12:14 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BOB.T
There's lots of work going on near the Seabrooks factory I think - I just hope they don't cover up the lovely smell of Seabrooks crisps being cooked in that area.
Old 03 June 2008, 12:35 PM
aceman_uk
Scooby Regular

Default A LOAD OF TOSH!

Hi...

Just stumbled onto this thread and as mentioned above this sort of stuff makes me quite mad to say the least.....

and Guess what I AM A BRITISH Born Muslim.....

The government, and not just in this country, are creating a love/hate environment whereby naturally the general public will revolt against such 'favouritism' on one ethnic community over another especially when the majority are ignored/overlooked.

I personally believe that this is all pre-empted, for what purpose, well, being a Muslim I can only say, GOD Knows!!...

As mentioned above, this country together with most western societies, US, European are being co-axed into terrorism threats etc etc when none of the information put forward to the public has been categorically proven beyond a shadow of doubt.
Take the Iraq War, INNOCENT BRITISH, US, and ALL other soldiers from varying nations are dying, struggling, with families suffering beyond our comprehension, all because a few PEN PUSHING, GOOD FOR NOTHING, I'll stop there (BUT Believe me theres alot more I would say), want to line their pockets or whatever the motive ....

The Weapons of Mass Destruction...Where??????????
Israel has more weapons that can harm that particular area than the other countries put together (probably) and they have not signed up to the treaty which allows UN inspectors to investigate??? WTF???

I am not using this thread as a means to Talk up any political issue(s) but highlight a principle....
One law for one and another for everyone else...Sounds familiar??? Yep just like this money being used on one community and not the other.

HYPOCRISY

I would like to emphasise that the muslim community too condones any favouritism and would rather the money be spent where it is required, i.e. the less fortunate, poor, education etc i.e. Human Needs and not jargon to create a fearful society!!!

Just my tuppence, and I have no intention of stirring up any conflicts on here, just feel that enough is enough and these deceptions, lies etc etc have to stop.

Aceman
Old 03 June 2008, 01:13 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by aceman_uk
Hi...

Just stumbled onto this thread and as mentioned above this sort of stuff makes me quite mad to say the least.....

and Guess what I AM A BRITISH Born Muslim.....

The government, and not just in this country, are creating a love/hate environment whereby naturally the general public will revolt against such 'favouritism' on one ethnic community over another especially when the majority are ignored/overlooked.

I personally believe that this is all pre-empted, for what purpose, well, being a Muslim I can only say, GOD Knows!!...

As mentioned above, this country together with most western societies, US, European are being co-axed into terrorism threats etc etc when none of the information put forward to the public has been categorically proven beyond a shadow of doubt.
Take the Iraq War, INNOCENT BRITISH, US, and ALL other soldiers from varying nations are dying, struggling, with families suffering beyond our comprehension, all because a few PEN PUSHING, GOOD FOR NOTHING, I'll stop there (BUT Believe me theres alot more I would say), want to line their pockets or whatever the motive ....

The Weapons of Mass Destruction...Where??????????
Israel has more weapons that can harm that particular area than the other countries put together (probably) and they have not signed up to the treaty which allows UN inspectors to investigate??? WTF???

I am not using this thread as a means to Talk up any political issue(s) but highlight a principle....
One law for one and another for everyone else...Sounds familiar??? Yep just like this money being used on one community and not the other.

HYPOCRISY

I would like to emphasise that the muslim community too condones any favouritism and would rather the money be spent where it is required, i.e. the less fortunate, poor, education etc i.e. Human Needs and not jargon to create a fearful society!!!

Just my tuppence, and I have no intention of stirring up any conflicts on here, just feel that enough is enough and these deceptions, lies etc etc have to stop.

Aceman
Great post, but can we please get back to the most important point of this thread.

These Seabrooks crisps mentioned. Any good? And if so, why haven't i heard of them?

Old 03 June 2008, 01:30 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

[off topic] Seabrooks are the finest crisps in the land I had to go to the factory the other day, the carpet has a potato design on it!

mmmm prawn cocktail

[/off topic]

Quick Reply: Huuge payout for uk muslim communitys....from the government